Celebrities at shows

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited May 2007 in Other Music
do celebrities usually sit and or stand in the balconies as opposed to sitting on the floor at shows? Usually I read about celebs at certain shows and they hardly ever are on the ground level section.

Is this accurate?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• luke.harvey3luke.harvey3 Posts: 283
    Me and my Dad are pretty sure we saw Jimmy Page at Chris Cornell in London the other week... right balcony V.I.P area, sitting down...

Anyone else see him??
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I saw this chick: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001523/ at Barenaked Ladies a few weeks back in Dublin. Couldn't remember her name at the time, but she was wandering around the crowd (standing) before the gig, then I think she went backstage.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    the white stripes were at the queens of the stone age show at the house of blues in vegas a couple of years ago. the were up in the balcony. jack sat for most of the show. meg stood up and danced.
  • Bruce Willis literally was sitting in the seat next to me for the Rolling Stones show in Jan 06 at MSG, our seats were about the 2nd row on the side of the stage (awesome seats)

At a Billy Joel concert at MSG, I was on the floor and Pink was in right on the side of the stage first row, I saw her dancing all night.

Not sure where they sit, but I know the Olsen twins love PJ shows
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
  • laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    ed and susan sarandon and tim robbins were sitting in the orchestra sec
    for waits in vancouver.
    lots of celebs in the orch sec for pj at benaroya
    rem was sitting right behind me when pj played the commodore in vancouver,
    lots of celebs at that one
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Me and my Dad are pretty sure we saw Jimmy Page at Chris Cornell in London the other week... right balcony V.I.P area, sitting down...

Anyone else see him??

I didn't see him, but he was definitely there - I've read it in a few places.
  • pdh1978pdh1978 Posts: 211

Anyone else see him??

He was listed in a review as having been there. He was also at Neil Young gig I was at a couple of years ago.

I saw Natalie Imbruglia with David Walliams at a Stroke gig last year - it was the day after he swam the English chanel, so I tried to congratulate him, and he was a real prick about it. Absolute wanker. It would have taken 2 seconds for him to smile and say "thanks" and leave me happy, but instead he acted like a complete knob... some people...
    If you all stop hitting refresh for just two minutes, I can buy my tickets...
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754

Anyone else see him??
    he was at the Astoria last year wasn't he?
    didn't see him at CC, but then I don't turn around at gigs ;)