Red Hot Chili Peppers popularity

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited June 2007 in Other Music
They blew up during the grunge heydeys of 1991 with Blood Sugar Sex magik, but it seemed to me that from around 1994 to the release of Californication in 1999, they werent popular. Why was this, and what caused it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• One Hot Minute?

I don't know, I never really followed 'em very closely. JF leaving probably had something to do with it.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • PearlerPearler Posts: 191
    Iv never liked them from the start.
  • One Hot Minute is probably my favorite Peppers album. Which is weird, because I prefer Frusciante to Navarro...
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    Probably had something to do with the fact that between BSSM in 1991 and Californication in 1999 they only released one album and didn't do a lot of touring.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut