Queens of the Stone Age

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited June 2007 in Other Music
They are playing right down the street from where I grew up, and I am going to be home from the commune by the time they play, so are they worth seeing live?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sweet jesus, yes
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    Go, and don't even consider not going.
    NERDS!
  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    go! you won't regret it
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    They slaaaaay. Go get tickets now!

Why are you still reading this thread? Go get those goddamn tickets!!!!!
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    http://www.muchmusic.com/music/firstspin/queensofthestoneage/

ERA VULGARIS is streaming at much music. Woo-hoo Screw scrambles my brain.

If you haven't heard it yet, you can give in now.
  • nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    Absolutely go. You won't regret it.
  • I just don't get the fascination with this band. I liked No One Knows, but I could never find anything else to like about them.
  • Shut up and go.
    im jealous.
    puts his faith in love and, tremor christ.

"I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback."
  • pjfanatic4pjfanatic4 Posts: 127
    Did anyone here say you should GO??

By all means, GO... and then post what you thought of the show....
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    I've seen 'em twice and will go see them pretty much every opportunity I can. They kick major ass live.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I just don't get the fascination with this band. I liked No One Knows, but I could never find anything else to like about them.

Have you heard Auto Pilot?
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
    Have you heard Auto Pilot?
    Too bad that song will never be the same again live :(
    NERDS!
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I agree with all the other answers on the thread, except for that one guy whio said don't go. Now, I like QOTSA but I'm not a huge fan, but GODDAM!!! They kick ass live. Go NOW!!!
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • I just don't get the fascination with this band. I liked No One Knows, but I could never find anything else to like about them.

thats one of their worst songs
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    one of the best live band I've ever seen, I love everything they have done, you should definatley check them out dude! Amazing musicians!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    not trying to sound like a broken record but....go! Awesome live band, saw them open for nin and they're fucking great all around.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
    thats one of their worst songs

No, that unfortunate honor is reserved for the entirety of LtP. LtP is crap and everything else is genius. Especially Era V.
    Too bad that song will never be the same again live :(

True, but that song is still awesome I could have listed nearly the entire catalogue but whenever AP comes on ramdom on my MP3 it just flaws me everytime.:)

Have you heard the almost accoustic live version they did back in '02 in Sweden? It was just Olivieri, Homme and Lanegan, pure awesomeness, the whole show was infact.:)

Here is a link just in case you have'nt heard it: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=96S1T7EJ :D
  • pdh1978pdh1978 Posts: 211
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    No, that unfortunate honor is reserved for the entirety of LtP. LtP is crap and everything else is genius. Especially Era V.

LtP might not be as good as the other albums, but it's not crap. Little Sister is one of my favourite QOTSA songs.
    If you all stop hitting refresh for just two minutes, I can buy my tickets...
    True, but that song is still awesome I could have listed nearly the entire catalogue but whenever AP comes on ramdom on my MP3 it just flaws me everytime.:)

Have you heard the almost accoustic live version they did back in '02 in Sweden? It was just Olivieri, Homme and Lanegan, pure awesomeness, the whole show was infact.:)

Here is a link just in case you have'nt heard it: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=96S1T7EJ :D
    Thanks Reefer! DL'ing now.
    NERDS!
    pdh1978 wrote:
    LtP might not be as good as the other albums, but it's not crap. Little Sister is one of my favourite QOTSA songs.

By comparison, LtP is crap. Relative to LtP, everything else is good. Of course, this may be skewed by the fact that the other 4 Queens rekords are absolutely brilliant.

whenever I click the download link it kicks me back to the 1st page :mad:
    NERDS!
    whenever I click the download link it kicks me back to the 1st page :mad:

Click download then down the page it should say premium or free download, click free download and wait for it count down from 40s when it's finished click download and it should work.:)
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! ROAD TRIP!

Tomorrow I'm buying tickets to see QOTSA in Duluth and Fargo! I can't wait!
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    the first two replies on this thread crack me up.

they are an awesome fucking band. i regret to say i haven't seen them live yet.
  • msujammermsujammer Posts: 173
    I saw them a couple of summers ago in Salt Lake and they kicked massive ass. At the time, I was more of a casual fan liking songs like No One Knows and Go With the Flow, but after hearing them live, I loved it. Great live band, lots of energy. I'd go pick up Over the Years and Through the Woods. It's a live DVD/CD set and can give you a good idea of whether you'd want to see them live I think. I'll be buying tickets for their Billings, MT shows today and I'm debating heading to Missoula too! It's gonna be fun.
    11/3/00 Boise 5/28/03 Missoula 6/15/03 Fargo 8/29/05 Missoula 9/4/05 Calgary 7/22/06 Gorge 7/23/06 The Gorge 7/18/08 9/21/09 Seattle 9/22/09 Seattle 5/3/10 Kansas City 9/3/11 Alpine Valley 9/4/11 Alpine Valley 9/30/12 Missoula
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Anyone have a copy of the Fun Machine from the Japanese version of the album coming out next week? I heard it leaked but have not found it.

If so could you put it on a you send it link ?

:) you would make my day :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    I kow they're touring soon, but any thoughts about them coming up to Seattle? I'd love to see them at the Gorge or White River.

P.S....GO TO THE DAMN SHOW, MOFO!
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Having only heard this on my computer and I wasn't actually a Lullabies hater but this is sweet. Into the Hollow, Misfit Love, I wanna make it wit u & Sutre up my Future along with 3's & 7's are especially fine cuts, although the rest is also fine.

It seems more lean and streamlined than LTP, Josh is just a genius and this has a strong contender for album of year for me, just got the debut on red vinyl. I'm informed it's a bootleg but the quality is fine and sounds much better than on shitty CD.

Still gotta buy Era on CD though as Josh hasn't go his act together with the vinyl release, (LTP's vinyl package was great) got all my Queens stuff on vinyl so the latest is a must, guess I'll have to consume bad acid for the time being.

Anyone hear Josh mention the Dessert Session box set on MTV on gonzo last week, this will be great if it's the vinyl as well, some people will scalp you on Ebay for these now although 9 & 10 are still available thru rekords rekords.
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    By comparison, LtP is crap. Relative to LtP, everything else is good. Of course, this may be skewed by the fact that the other 4 Queens rekords are absolutely brilliant.

i think that ltp was a great album. I like the very dark overtones that it had and had some really kick ass stuff on it. long slow goodbye, medication, little sister...i really think that they haven't made a bad record.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05