The Pumpkins and the 90's

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited June 2007 in Other Music
Listened to Siamese Dream entirely, and now am 5 songs into mellon Collie disc 1.

I love the feeling of Pumpkins songs, its like teen angst, nihilism and rebellion all in one.

Plus its interesting that the feeling I get from the music is fall and halloween, interesting because of their name.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    I never did like the Pumpkins, though I have no idea why.

Fickle, Fickle, Alex.
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    how can you call yourself a PJ fan and not like Smashing Pumpkins?

Do you like Alice, Soundgarden and Nirvana?
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    No, but I like Pearl Jam, Temple of the Dog, and Screaming Trees. Aka the good grunge bands.
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    ahh hi, my name is james & i'm addicted to the smashing pumpkins...
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
    I dont think that Billy Corgan will be on any top 100 songwriters list, but he is amazing. Just the power of the words really is incredible. To Forgive, is an example of this. I sensed my loss, before I even learned to talk, now thats powerful!
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    i remember listening to Disarm on repeat for like 3 days straight back in high school umm 10 years or so ago =(

Pisces Iscariot needs to be mentioned more.. i haven't listened to it in a while but i remember thinking it was better than Siamese Dream~
    I wonder what billy thinks about the often stated idea that post Siamese Dream, they lost their thunder? Kind of a harsh criticism!

Still listening to Mellon Collie at the moment and am on Cupid De Locke. This really is a fantastic album!
    lephty wrote:
    i remember listening to Disarm on repeat for like 3 days straight back in high school umm 10 years or so ago =(

Pisces Iscariot needs to be mentioned more.. i haven't listened to it in a while but i remember thinking it was better than Siamese Dream~
    been listening to pisces for the last week, love revisting great albums for the first time in a while. hello kitty kit & frail & bedazzled rule!
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450
    How bout cherub rock, what a great song. I was driving home yesterday and just kept repeating that song atleast 6 times. The entire Siamese Dream cd is amazing.
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Okay, let's spread some Gish love all you fanboys ;)

:)
    danny72688 wrote:
    Okay, let's spread some Gish love all you fanboys ;)

:)
    tristessa!! snail!! SIVA!!!
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    I never did like the Pumpkins, though I have no idea why.

Fickle, Fickle, Alex.
    I love the pumpkins studio albums, but their live stuff is blah. It sounds terrible.
    However, their rock am ring show on you tube wasn't too bad, I was actually quite impressed. Maybe things are looking up live pumpkins wise. Ok. let the reeming begin.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • dg1979usdg1979us Posts: 568
    red mos wrote:
    I love the pumpkins studio albums, but their live stuff is blah. It sounds terrible.
    However, their rock am ring show on you tube wasn't too bad, I was actually quite impressed. Maybe things are looking up live pumpkins wise. Ok. let the reeming begin.

I saw them 3 times back in the day and I thought they were great everytime. I keep hearing people say they werent all that impressed with them live, but I didnt see it. Must have been a hit or miss thing with them or something, because I was impressed everytime I saw them.
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    BILLY CORGAN IS A FUCKING MUSICAL GENIUS!!!!! On top of that Zeitgeist is gonna be THE album of 2007. But I will always love Mellon Collie and Siamese Dream. Those albums are the Pumpkins in their prime!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • I named my cat tristessa. :o

Smashing Pumpkins was one of my favorite bands from high school.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Gish: Rock
    Siamese Dream: Perfection
    Pisces Iscariot: Impressive
    Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness: Masterpiece
    Adore: Beautiful
    MACHINA / the machines of god: Over-produced
    Machina II / friends and enemies of modern music: Disjointed
    Zeitgeist: ????????
  • sasojsasoj Posts: 239
    tarantula is realy doing great ...it is second on billboard hot 100 ...only behind linkin park

gish- ok cd ...
    siamese dream- no comment
    pisces iscariot-ok
    melloncollie- no comment
    aeroplaine flies high-great
    adore-no comment
    machina I-bad
    machina II-no comment
    judas o-great
    i love rock chicks