smashing pumpkins stage clothes

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited June 2007 in Other Music
Whats with their current costumes? The white and black? Reminds me of the robes that Sunn O))) wear but without the hoods
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    are there any pics around?
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    pictures of the new look pumpkins

http://flickr.com/photos/rheid/527401902/
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    pictures of the new look pumpkins

http://flickr.com/photos/rheid/527401902/
    woah billy looks like he's been run over by a zebra crossing
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Two signs a band is trying desperately to stymie the inevitable spiral towards obscurity.

1. The lead singer starts wearing eye liner
    2. Futuristic costumes on stage

Both are equally lame.
  • dirtdirt Posts: 398
    Quite reminescent of the early 80's band...Quiet Riot. :D
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • jhawk98jhawk98 Posts: 145
    Certainly that must have been a one night thing. Something Corgan (a self-professed 70's rock fan) wanted to do as a nod to Kiss or something. They look ridiculous.

If they are sporting this stuff night in night out I don't hold out much hope for a quality record coming here in the next few weeks.
    rock chalk
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Billy's been dressing up for years. Doesn't really bother me. He had a cool Uncle Fester thing going back during Adore.

jhawk98 wrote:
    If they are sporting this stuff night in night out I don't hold out much hope for a quality record coming here in the next few weeks.
    Since when did dressing up at live shows determine whether or not the music was good?
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    does anyone else find it weird that the bassist has always been a female and now the new guitarist seems to have a hint of asian in him?

not that i am against anything like that, but its just weird to me that billy seems to be seeking people out like this
  • sasojsasoj Posts: 239
    jeff is not asian and billy has been wearing dresses on stage since 1991 ...
    at first david pajo was the bassist for zwan, paz came 6 months later ...
    so your theory is wrong
    i love rock chicks
  • dg1979usdg1979us Posts: 568
    Two signs a band is trying desperately to stymie the inevitable spiral towards obscurity.

1. The lead singer starts wearing eye liner
    2. Futuristic costumes on stage

Both are equally lame.

I agree they look ridiculous, but Billy has worn crazy ass clothes on stage since the mellon collie era, so I dont think it is anything out of desperation. But in saying that, I do wish they would lose that and get at least a bit more down to earth type fashion sense.
    dg1979us wrote:
    I agree they look ridiculous, but Billy has worn crazy ass clothes on stage since the mellon collie era, so I dont think it is anything out of desperation. But in saying that, I do wish they would lose that and get at least a bit more down to earth type fashion sense.

i wish they would were even more whitter clothes ...
    well there is a video on you tube from 1992, pumpkins are playing rocket and yes billy is wearing his grannys dress ...
    and dont forget that in today video ...james is wearing a dress ...
    i wont even talk about billys silver pants during melloncollie ... :)
    i love rock chicks
  • dg1979usdg1979us Posts: 568
    sasoj wrote:
    i wish they would were even more whitter clothes ...
    well there is a video on you tube from 1992, pumpkins are playing rocket and yes billy is wearing his grannys dress ...
    and dont forget that in today video ...james is wearing a dress ...
    i wont even talk about billys silver pants during melloncollie ... :)

The fashion sense is a bit out there. Especially now that he is more middle aged, I wish he would just go with all black or something and lose the space outfits or the new white outfits that make them look like a cult. But regardless, I really hope they come around me so I can see them since I missed out on Asheville tickets, I dont really care about the clothes, they are probably my favorite band ever whatever they wear.
    dg1979us wrote:
    The fashion sense is a bit out there. Especially now that he is more middle aged, I wish he would just go with all black or something and lose the space outfits or the new white outfits that make them look like a cult. But regardless, I really hope they come around me so I can see them since I missed out on Asheville tickets, I dont really care about the clothes, they are probably my favorite band ever whatever they wear.

clothes doesnt matter :)
    if they rock, they rock ...
    we can just hope that zeitgeist isnt overproduced
    i love rock chicks
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    sasoj wrote:
    jeff is not asian and billy has been wearing dresses on stage since 1991 ...
    at first david pajo was the bassist for zwan, paz came 6 months later ...
    so your theory is wrong

zwan doesnt count since they aren't the pumpkins!

here is a pic i found of jeff.. http://www.blamonet.com/vb/showthread.php?t=104462

here is a video of his old band..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDC3QpMCI1A
  • deadnotedeadnote Posts: 1,678
    i miss the day i seen you
    set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out