No Rage tour or Album!!!

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited June 2007 in Other Music
The countdown clock revealed only one show, a show at Alpine valley.

THIS SUCKS!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Lets keep hoping. To be honest i think they will reform full time since no one from the band has done anything worthwhile since Audioslave split. I don't really see them doing anything else really.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834

THIS SUCKS!

Sorry that is sucks for you. For others it's great news. :D
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619

THIS SUCKS!

um, no it doesnt :)

opening band: QUEENS OF THE F'ING STONE AGE!
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • wow QOTSA open...and its in alpine valley...fuck mannn
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Would love to go but cant afford a 60 dollar concert right now, especially if we got shit seats.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    I want a proper RATM tour this year!
    :D
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Don't get pissed off just yet.

You do realize Rage was going to only reunited for one show, Coachella. Then it was just Rock The Bells and nothing further. Now there's a show at Alpine Valley.

I have a feeling more is to come.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Ya there'll be more. Come on guys!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Ya there'll be more. Come on guys!

Right now they could set aside some good retirement money by doing a tour. Everyone needs retirement money. They will tour.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,845

flashback

flashback

ohhh the colors!
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    nothing
  • I think there'll probably be a full Rage album and tour...just not this year.

I've had this fantasy in my head of Zack playing some of the songs he's written during his years in the wilderness and the rest of the band recognizing immediately that Zack had simply written a bunch of kick ass Rage songs. To further add to this fantasy, Zack and the rest of the hand run to the studio (which is maybe what they're doing right now) to record these fucking awesome songs for a 2008 album.

Who know's how my Rage fantasy will play out, but I do know that if Rage were to reform and do an album, it would be one of the very few reunion albums to live up to all the hype.
    I've got to admit, it's getting better.
  • Wow...I just became a Red Mosquito. I feel so unbelievably......powerful.
    I've got to admit, it's getting better.
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Sorry that is sucks for you. For others it's great news. :D

Oh, it's great, GREAT NEWS!! Can't wait for this show. Already have the whole day off of work to get their plenty early and tailgate!! Hopefully I can just get tickets. I'll be on right away at 10 Sat. How quick you think it's gonna sell out?
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    pureoc wrote:
    Oh, it's great, GREAT NEWS!! Can't wait for this show. Already have the whole day off of work to get their plenty early and tailgate!! Hopefully I can just get tickets. I'll be on right away at 10 Sat. How quick you think it's gonna sell out?

Well I have to work Saturday so I'm going into code red for tickets. LOL I think they could sell out pretty fast. We shall see. :D
  • Have you guys seen this?

http://www.amazon.com/Lowdown-Rage-Against-Machine/dp/B000RMIXXC/ref=sr_1_21/104-4268167-7413520?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1181661815&sr=8-21#moreAboutThisProduct

Says it releases August 28. Live album? Or have they been working away secretly in the studio?

EDIT: Never mind, they've put up a description now.
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    Wow...I just became a Red Mosquito. I feel so unbelievably......powerful.

Nice!

Just wait until you're Sad, like me.

Then you just feel like the admins are pointing and laughing at you.

Let's have another Rage tour and album! This year!

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    i met tom morello last weekend. A few shows, no album.
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
    jamestr wrote:
    Great picture!

Not sure what Alpine will look like after this show. LOL Oh Alpine Valley it's been too long since the last time I saw a show there. PJ of course but I've seen somebody else since the amazing 2003 PJ show. I'm thankful that Alpine is in my backyard. Well 25 mins away. :D
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    there will be more shows. And it's awesome news for people in the midwest cause we get to see 2 incredibly amazing bands rock the fuck out at alpine.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
    pjfan020 wrote:
    there will be more shows. And it's awesome news for people in the midwest cause we get to see 2 incredibly amazing bands rock the fuck out at alpine.

well said :D
  • PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399

THIS SUCKS!

I think it is great news.
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891

Why is PJ afraid to come back there? Why they play 74 shows in the ghetto of camden is beyond me.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    evenflow82 wrote:
    Why is PJ afraid to come back there? Why they play 74 shows in the ghetto of camden is beyond me.

god what a show. if only they'd add on a one night stand at alpine right before lollapalooza.....
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • mole1985 wrote:
    Lets keep hoping. To be honest i think they will reform full time since no one from the band has done anything worthwhile since Audioslave split. I don't really see them doing anything else really.
    yeah the chances are pretty damn good they'll be back together soon enough.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"