I am in love with music!

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited June 2007 in Other Music
I do this every once in a while on here. I make a thread about my love for music. To me, music cant ever be background music. It is my food. It is nourishment.

Whether its Dylan, or PJ or Nirvana or Iron and Wine or whoever, it helps me. It picks me up and lifts me. For that moment, I am taken to a place where war and violence dont exist. Its life affirming stuff. Listening to Jimi's guitar or Dylan's poetry or Sonic Youth's odd tunings, I am glad to just be alive and breathing.

I think in many ways, our parents really dont understand. Its a tough time to be alive and living. Its much harder to be a kid these days.

All the pain, the loss of innocence, the war, the death, are temporarily put away, while we enjoy beautiful music. And this is important.

Frankly I dont think I could survive without music, a life without it, is pointless and dull.

I think listening to music that speaks to you, is essential, and important. Music can express things we only dream of saying and thinking.

Alot of what is going on globally and domestically makes me ashamed. Ashamed to be human. We have caused so much damage. But listening to music, its almost like all of it, all of the pain, is worth it, because of the great music.

So thank you music! Thank you for making me happy to be alive. Thank you for ALWAYS being there when I needed you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments