Queens of the Stone Age live

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited July 2007 in Other Music
Saw them for the first time the other day. One of the most rawkus concerts I have ever attended. They were loud as hell and rocked hard
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    I've seen them twice in 2005 and will see them twice next week. They rocked very hard both times in 2005. How were the new songs live?
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    gleemonex wrote:
    I've seen them twice in 2005 and will see them twice next week. They rocked very hard both times in 2005. How were the new songs live?
    I saw them twice in 05 too and they brought it hard then also.

I also saw them at Lolla the year before and they were great then.

Quite a Rockin Band.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    the new songs were excellent live.
  • Can't wait to see em in Boston in October!!
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Saw them for the first time the other day. One of the most rawkus concerts I have ever attended. They were loud as hell and rocked hard

I saw them last weekend.

Did the Eagle of Death Metal open?
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    Seen them a few times. They are badasses to the bone, Jack. Even their crew are burly, gnarly ass mother fuckers. I never saw them with Grohl... but, did see them when Lanegan and Nick were in the band. And later with Natasha (even she was a gnarly badass).
    Loud and fast and Loud (except at the O.C. Fair where there are noise restrictions due to the residents acorss the street).
    If you get a chance to see the Queens Of The Mother Fucking Stone Age... do it. Or kick yourself in your dumb ass for deciding to stay at home and wash your panties instead.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • I would have loved to have seen them with dave or mark but i saw them this year and they kicked ass!!! Pearl jam and qotsa are 2 moments of my summer ill never forget
    I would have loved to have seen them with dave or mark but i saw them this year and they kicked ass!!! Pearl jam and qotsa are 2 moments of my summer ill never forget
    That is a great combo... Queens Of The Mother Fucking Stone Age and Pearl Jam!!!
    or Queens Of The Mother Fucking Stone Age with the Foo Fighters!!!
    or the Foo Fighters with Mother Fucking Pearl Jam!!!
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    I saw them open up for nin last time they were around and i got tix to see them open for rage at alpine in august. Can't wait till they announce a chicago show. Great fucking band whether it's live or in the studio. SICK! SICK! SICK!
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Can't wait to see them open for RAGE at Alpine next month. :D
    Can't wait to see them open for RAGE at Alpine next month. :D
    You know how people yell out songs as requests? Shout out this one:
    "The Fun Machine Took a Shit and Died"!!!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • thesheffthesheff Posts: 59
    QOTSA seem to open for lots of good bands. I have seen them open for RHCP, NIN, and soon RATM. I thought they sounded better opining for RHCP than NIN.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Cosmo wrote:
    You know how people yell out songs as requests? Shout out this one:
    "The Fun Machine Took a Shit and Died"!!!

I don't think they will hear me I'll be in the lawn/mosh pit. :D
    I don't think they will hear me I'll be in the lawn/mosh pit. :D
    Still... it's fun to shout out that song title.
    Hail, Hail!!!