Sigur Ros or Iron and Wine

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited July 2008 in Other Music
Heres a dillemma folks:

bought tickets to see Sigur ros in portland October 6.

was just moments ago checking out Iron and Wine's website and low and behold Sam Beam is playing, not in portland, but minutes from my house in Eugene oregon on the same night October 6.

What the hell do I do?

Cant say I enjoy either artist more than the other. Both are amazing.

How bizaare.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• OmahaJammerOmahaJammer Posts: 261
    Sigur Ros is from Iceland and comes here once every never. Your choice is obvious.
    Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm....
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    Sigur Ros is from Iceland and comes here once every never. Your choice is obvious.

This exactly.

Iron and Wine aren't going anywhere.

You are lucky Sigur Ros is coming anywhere near you. In the 5-6 years I have known who they were they have never played closer than an 8 hour drive from where I live. I finally got to see them at Bonnaroo this year (and it was just amazing).

This does remind me though, of the time Pearl Jam, the Pixies, and Springsteen (with REM opening) were all playing the same night in various places in Central Florida. I have never been more conflicted in my life. I ended up going to PJ.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Sigur Ros are a hell of a lot better than Iron and Wine dude.
    "Why stand when you can sit?" - Winston Churchill
    "Why sit when you can dance?" - Me
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Sigur Ros are a hell of a lot better than Iron and Wine dude.
    agreed! no contest IMO
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    I would opt for Iron and Wine just on the strength of The Shepherd's Dog ;)

Sigur Ros are pretty good but i would have thought a gig of theirs would be rather dull.
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531

deleted for being unnecesarily argumentative
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I probably enjoy iron and wine more. Even though Sigor Ros is probably more inovative and interesting.

If i were you i would see Sigur Ros becasue having seen them live they are an amazing live band and as mentioned only come to the US every so often.

That said what kind of shit luck is it that I&W are right next to your house and Sigur Ros is close on the same day. D'OH!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    That's a very tough call, especially as it's Sam playing solo, not with the band. I&W doesn't tour the west coast too often, but I'd still stick with the Sigur Ros show, as odds are better that I&W will come around again sooner than Sigur Ros will.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Sigur Ros is the best show i have ever seen

Better than than other 200+ shows combined.

See them.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
    Iron and Wine Definitely... I wouldn't see Sigur Ros over Iron & Wine even if I was drunk off my ass
  • i haven't seen either, but would say Sigur Ros just because they probably won't be playing north america for a while after this brief tour
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense

9/28/05 Pittsburgh
    6/23/06 Pittsburgh
    8/2/07 Vic
    8/5/07 Lolla
    6/16/08 Columbia
    8/17/08 DC (EV Solo)