Nirvana's effect

2»

Comments

• glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    . yet very few critics or top 10 lists would list Pearl Jam or Ed as one of the most important bands ever or one of the most important frontmen ever.

what is your take on Pearl Jam's status mate? Cause hiding your Nirvana > Pearl Jam propaganda behind what "critics and top 10 lists" would say is cowardice.
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • You never see this much hatred for Pearl Jam on Nirvana boards. In fact, Nirvana's fanbase are far more accepting and intelligent as a whole. Pearl Jam sure do have a lot of stuck up and spoiled little snots for fans.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    JWBusher wrote:
    You never see this much hatred for Pearl Jam on Nirvana boards. In fact, Nirvana's fanbase are far more accepting and intelligent as a whole. Pearl Jam sure do have a lot of stuck up and spoiled little snots for fans.

i rest my case
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    I like Nirvana. Not my Fav band but IMO they're good. That's all I have to say.
  • kurts death has little to do with it. He was continually refered to as a genius and the spokesman of generation x long before he committed suicide.

Again, I think this is all a Nirvana vs pearl Jam thing. For years this board has had an underlying hatred of Nirvana. The only reasoning I can come up with is that Kurt and Nirvana are continually refered to as one of the most important bands ever. yet very few critics or top 10 lists would list Pearl Jam or Ed as one of the most important bands ever or one of the most important frontmen ever.

Thank you.