Smashing Pumpkins Live

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited August 2007 in Other Music
Do they really play 3 hour shows like they said on You Tube?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    I'm not sure how long they play live but their new album ZEITGEIST is one of the albums of the year. A great album all around.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    yes, they have been playing around 3 hours.

go to archive.org and you can listen to many shows from the 2007 tour.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • I love SP in the studio, but I'm not a huge fan of them Live.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    I have been to 3 shows...

1 club - London, England and 2 festivals - Nova rock, Austria + Greenfields, Switzerland

The club show they played for 2 hours 45.. Some crew guy gave me the itenary and it says VERY VERY VERY STRICT CURFEW so thats probably why they didn't play for 3 hours exactly.

I have every 07 bootleg thats out and yes they are all 2 hours 40 at least
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    BIG rumours from those in the know...BIG DAY OUT 08 BABY!!!!!!!
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
    Jamming heavy on possibly the album of the year ZEITGEIST by THE SMASHING PUMPKINS. After a 7 year layoff the band comes back strong and hard on the opening track called "DOOMSDAY CLOCK".
    41b4h1wpnxlss40090c4camz2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skV5N4hN2qo
    "Doomsday Clock"

Is everyone afraid?
    Is everyone ashamed?
    They're running towards their holes to find out
    Apocalyptic means are lose among our dead
    A message to our friends to get out
    There's wages on this fear
    Oh so clear
    Depends on what you'll pay to hear

They're bound to kill us all in whitewashed halls
    Their jackals lick their paws

Please don't stop it's lonely at the top
    These lonely days when will they ever stop?
    This doomsday clock ticking in my heart
    Not broken

I love life every day
    In each and every way
    Kafka would be proud, to find out
    I'm certain of the end
    It's the means that has me spooked
    It takes an unknown truth to get out
    I'm guessing I'm born free, silly me
    I was meant to beg from my knees

Please don't stop it's lonely at the top

We gotta dig in
    Gas masks on
    Wait in the sunshine, all bug-eyed
    If this is living?
    Sakes alive!
    Well then they can't win
    No one survives

Is everyone afraid?
    You should be ashamed
    Apocalyptic screams mean nothing to the dead
    Kissing that 'ol sun to know all there is
    Come on, last call
    You should want it all

Ah, it's lonely at the top
    These lonely days when will they ever stop
    These lonely days when will they ever stop
    This ticking in my heart
    Is everyone afraid?

I wonder to whom he's referring too in this album?[/b]

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Just stopping by to echo the praise for Zeitgeist. Considering that it's only half the original Pumpkins lineup (which, to be fair, was the only half who ever actually did anything in the studio anyway) and that it has all the makings of a cash-in "comeback" album designed to line Billy's pockets, I'd have been happy with an album which simply deserved to exist. That we got a great, rockin' album just makes the whole thing even sweeter. Hell, it even convinced me to break out Adore and reconsider its potential existence as anything beyond a space-filler on the shelf. Thanks Pumpkins.

Haven't seen or heard any of the shows. I saw them in '96 on the Mellon Collie tour and will always treasure it as one of my finest showgoing experiences. Also saw Zwan in '03, and in ways they were even better. Not sure about this new half-band being passed off as Pumpkins onstage, but I'm sure the shows will rock.
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    I'm going to see them in Columbus coming up in October. I hope to hear Muzzle!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    I saw them in June in Austria and I was amazed how fuckin' good they sounded and played their songs!!! The world needed them so much ... thank God they returned and I feel the same ecstasy for Rage Against The Machine!!! :D
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Ricsard wrote:
    I saw them in June in Austria and I was amazed how fuckin' good they sounded and played their songs!!! The world needed them so much ... thank God they returned and I feel the same ecstasy for Rage Against The Machine!!! :D

I was there as well

I cant believe i have seen them..been a fan for ages and i thought they would never reform
    Just stopping by to echo the praise for Zeitgeist. Considering that it's only half the original Pumpkins lineup (which, to be fair, was the only half who ever actually did anything in the studio anyway) and that it has all the makings of a cash-in "comeback" album designed to line Billy's pockets,

What's wrong with him or anyone else who makes music makes some money. Especially since the album is very good and the bank acct has got to be low being it's been 7 years since the last studio I believe.

Peace

• JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    saw them in May in Brussels.
    They played 2h50min. They were awesome !
    You won't be dissapointed...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • I love SP in the studio, but I'm not a huge fan of them Live.

same here
    9/16/96, 7/18/98, 11/02/00, 08/4/01, 12/08/02, 4/13/03, 10/22/03, 9/24/04, 3/18/05, 9/01/05, 9/02/05, 7/06/06, 7/07/06, 7/09/06, 7/10/06, 7/20/06
    7/22/06, 7/23/06, 04/07/07, 8/3/07