Nickleback appreciation post!!

pignottspignotts Posts: 46
edited March 2007 in Other Music
HA just kidding. I am at work where we are forced to listen to top 40 radio and Nicklback is played MANY times throughout the day. Just thought you fellow people would understand.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    Oh, they're good...
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Nickleback is probably the one band I hate the most in this entire world!

My god they are horrible!
  • pignottspignotts Posts: 46
    I am going to need Pearl Jam therapy when I get home...throw on some boots and get the pollution that is Nickleback out of my system.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    Listen to Curb..... burn all their newer albums
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    bharQ wrote:
    Listen to Curb..... burn all their newer albums

IRONICALLY, I beleive it was the 2000 tour (Pearl Jam) in Toronto that people were handing out cassettes outside the ACC before the show. I tossed it the back of my car and never thought anything of it. Then the "how you remind me" single came out and realized that I was handed "curb" from Nickleback. They should apologize to all Pearl Jam fans for doing that in our presence.
  • pjten77pjten77 Posts: 225
    pignotts wrote:
    HA just kidding. I am at work where we are forced to listen to top 40 radio and Nicklback is played MANY times throughout the day. Just thought you fellow people would understand.

I had to check the date when I read that post......nope not April 1st.

Nickleback makes me ashamed to be Canadian.......I wish they were from some other country, bad enough we also exported Avril lavigne and Celine Deion.
    Toronto-96/Barrie-98/Pittsburgh-00/Toronto-00/Buffalo-03/Toronto-03/Kitchener-05/Toronto-05/Hamilton-05/Toronto I-06/Toronto 2-06/E.V. Toronto- 08/ Toronto- 09/Buffalo-10/Hamilton- 11/ London- 13/ Buffalo- 13/Detroit- 14/Ottawa-16/Toronto II-16/Fenway I & II- 16
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Nickleback is Canadian eh !
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • VelvetJVelvetJ Posts: 18
    pignotts wrote:

I feel for you! My cellmate here in cubicleland insists on "soft classics" all day. So far this morning I have heard some Whitney Houston, Rod Stewart and now James Blunt. By the end of the day I can hardly wait to get to my car and get some real damn music on. It's amusing that the crap she listens to is supposed to be soothing, because it gets me so bent sometimes I might as well be listening to Rage.
  • ManimalManimal Posts: 152
    I don't know what everyone has against Nickleback. They write song really chatchy stuff, I mean if Never Again, Breath, Leader of Men, or Too Bad don't get a party started what will??
    DVD: http://db.etree.org/Manimal
    Posters: www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=Manimal&view=4
  • Manimal wrote:
    I don't know what everyone has against Nickleback. They write song really chatchy stuff, I mean if Never Again, Breath, Leader of Men, or Too Bad don't get a party started what will??

Maybe the fact that they are a huge HUGE ripoff, they are extremely unoriginal and a 10 year old could write many of their lyrics?
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Maybe the fact that they are a huge HUGE ripoff, they are extremely unoriginal and a 10 year old could write many of their lyrics?

And the guy's voice is fucking annoying as shit.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Manimal wrote:
    LMFAO, your kidding right
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    yosi wrote:
    And the guy's voice is fucking annoying as shit.

And all of their singles sound virtually identical.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    end of the charade - now get the fuck outta here!

please dont post stupid shit like this in the porch ;p
  • sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,191
    i also hate that effin band hinder and their song "lips of an angel". its stuck in my head right now, reminds me of nickelback. so bad.
    I BrisK I wrote:
    end of the charade - now get the fuck outta here!

please dont post stupid shit like this in the porch ;p

Right, I won't...Just because you said so though.
    pignotts wrote:
    Right, I won't...Just because you said so though.

im sure a lot of people would agree with me that this isn't porch worthy
    I BrisK I wrote:
    im sure a lot of people would agree with me that this isn't porch worthy

I didn't post the topic to talk about Nickleback, it's Friday, I thought it would be a little funny. Relax.
  • Check out this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQzhOyHTarU

Nickleback gets pelted with rocks at a show in portugal and they get pissed and walk off stage. Funny shit.
    i also hate that effin band hinder and their song "lips of an angel". its stuck in my head right now, reminds me of nickelback. so bad.

Oh my God... I've literally gotten to the point where I break the rules and turn down the radio whenever that comes on at work. I am so goddamn sick of that goddamn piece of shit song.
    you relax pignotts, this ain't no disco! this ain't no country club either

Thats all I need to hear now is Sheryl Crow... :)
  • theneugetheneuge Posts: 35
    Hinder, Nickelback, Puddle of Mudd, and emo all suck. Nickelbacks lyrics sound as if all the people on the jerry springer show decieded to write music lyrics.
    StL 7/2/98, StL 10/11/00, NYC MSG 7/8/03, NYC MSG 7/9/03, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Bridge School 10/21/2006, Bridge School 10/22/2006, Lollapalooza 08/5/06
    http://www.myspace.com/pearljamily
  • sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,191
    DOSW wrote:
    Oh my God... I've literally gotten to the point where I break the rules and turn down the radio whenever that comes on at work. I am so goddamn sick of that goddamn piece of shit song.

have you seen the video? its a billion times worse. what he does with his hand pisses me off, its like lamar from 'revenge of the nerds', all of the sudden he has a limp wristed throwing style. i was amazed they found a couple hot chicks to be in the video, however.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Here is the link to NPR's story about how worthless and unoriginal Nickleback is and how they constantly rip off their own songs...

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4258547

Click "Listen".

Good stuff!

:D
    no ones seen the Smashing Pumpkin's dvd - vieuphoria
  • I BrisK I wrote:
    no ones seen the Smashing Pumpkin's dvd - vieuphoria

It is good," stop throwen zee cuppen "
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • ManimalManimal Posts: 152
    Well wether you like their music or not is one thing, but to claim they are unorginal, now we're just being music snobs.
    DVD: http://db.etree.org/Manimal
    Posters: www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=Manimal&view=4
    Manimal wrote:
    Well wether you like their music or not is one thing, but to claim they are unorginal, now we're just being music snobs.

No. To claim that they are original is just naive.
  • The Staind Puddle Of Creed Calling were bad enough, but this band produce more cheese than the Emmental dairy.
  • Jackandmeg wrote:
    Check out this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQzhOyHTarU

Nickleback gets pelted with rocks at a show in portugal and they get pissed and walk off stage. Funny shit.

this is too funny!