Weiland: STP reuniting in the coming months

yieldtomeyieldtome Posts: 67
edited January 2008 in Other Music
http://blogs.herald.com/scene_in_the_tropics/2008/01/baypoint-gala-r.html

Looks like Velvet Revolver may have run its course, and Scott's ready to make music with the Deleos again. It's about time.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    That's strange, I just read an interview with Slash saying that Velvet Revolver were preparing for their third album.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,225
    Huh...this would be good news.
  • STP rocks VR is poop. i never saw stp live so this is great news if it comes.
  • deadnotedeadnote Posts: 1,678
    i always worry about scott
    set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Hmm... at first I thought oh great, another reunion. But come to think about it Weiland is sounding better than ever and the Deleos aren't exactly washed up. It has potential I suppose. But I really like VR so it would be a shame if it were a permanent thing.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,225
    STP rocks VR is poop. i never saw stp live so this is great news if it comes.

Saw STP 3 or 4 times and they were excellent every time.
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    Slash needs to call up Mr Rose and give us a GnR reunion. STP could open up shows for GnR.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    pjl44 wrote:
    Saw STP 3 or 4 times and they were excellent every time.

saw them once, it was awesome

I would definitly see them again, and again........if possible
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Vr isnt breaking up. They're an amazing band, there new record libertad kicks ass. As for Scott saying stp will get back, this could be for just a couple concerts a benefit show. I dont see Vr, breaking up anytime soon, there fucking amazing.
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    Vr isnt breaking up. They're an amazing band, there new record libertad kicks ass. As for Scott saying stp will get back, this could be for just a couple concerts a benefit show. I dont see Vr, breaking up anytime soon, there fucking amazing.

Their latest album bombed big time, their concerts were barely half full last tour and now they have moved down to playing clubs and theaters, I don't see them lasting much longer. Scott has talked for a long time about doing another solo album and now the STP talk doesn't sound good for VR's future. Slash recently said VR was going into the studio in April to record album #3 but Duff has been quoted as saying he doesn't know what the future holds for VR, not good signs when everyone in the band is saying something different.
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    deadnote wrote:
    i always worry about scott
    me too...I wish he would just go live on a farm somewhere in Montana and relax.
    It makes me ill to see him all shot up and stumbling...
    Such a tragic tale...
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • i just hope (and i know this is going to sound fucked up) that Scott is at least smoking some weed when they do another STP album.

The stuff he did while clean is just awful.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • i hope so, stp is much better than velvet revolver. . .seen both in concert, velvet revolver sucked in concert, not that stp was great either but much better than velvet. . .and stp's studio stuff is superior
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    I wouldn'd read into this too much, no quote, didn't mention anything specific, but who knows.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    TrixieCat wrote:
    me too...I wish he would just go live on a farm somewhere in Montana and relax.
    It makes me ill to see him all shot up and stumbling...
    Such a tragic tale...

Name one Rock star from or have lived in Montana.
    Not many... :cool:

...oh shit Jeff Ament is from Montana. But I don't look at him as a rock star :D
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • btb002btb002 Posts: 183
    http://www.411mania.com/music/news/67466/Scott-Weiland-Says-Stone-Temple-Pilots-Reunion-Is-Imminent.htm

Velvet Revolver isn't anywhere near the band Stone Temple Pilots were. Listen to Libertad! I can almost bet Scott hates being in VR. STP musically, was more diverse. And if you listen to Scott's lone solo album, its a lot closer musically to STP's style. The DeLeo's musical styling has to be preferred, especially after failing to bring the STP out of VR in Libertad.

And I was just watching Scrubs, and J.D. says in a narration, "in moments of truth we always reveal who we are." No shit J.D. :)
    You are just a negative mindless pud.
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Stone Gossard Pilots was great, I loved them and miss them so much!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • Ricsard wrote:
    Stone Gossard Pilots was great, I loved them and miss them so much!

Stone Gossard Pirates

not pilots. It was kurt cobain's way of saying STP was a Pearl Jam ripoff.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • Binaural wrote:
    I wouldn'd read into this too much, no quote, didn't mention anything specific, but who knows.
    Yeah, just looks like someone's blog to me. VR is popular and a good money-maker right now....I don't see them breaking up soon.
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,882
    VR isn't that great in concert. Saw Army of Anyone with the Deleos and they rocked, met them too and they were both great guys. Deleos def need to get out and make some more music, especially since AoA seems to have run it's course for now... (Filter is back together now though!!!)
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    Saturnal wrote:
    Yeah, just looks like someone's blog to me. VR is popular and a good money-maker right now....I don't see them breaking up soon.

The last album and all the touring they did in support of it bombed - I wouldn't call that popular ;)
  • stpmattb wrote:
    The last album and all the touring they did in support of it bombed - I wouldn't call that popular ;)
    oo I didn't know that. I figured w/ AIC they'd make lots.
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    saw stp back in 94...robert deleo (bass player) is highly underrated. dean has a distorted crunch, but robert lays a mean groove.
    I love to turn you on
  • the comment + the no-show at sundance + the fact that they havent been able to sell out the Riv in Chicago (this Thursday) = the end for VR.

they were ok, but STP was great, and even reached amazing during the 2nd and 3rd albums.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    I think people are looking into the Sundance thing way too much. He missed his flight out of Miami and wouldn't have been able to get there in time to do the show.