Can you spell trainwreck?

memememe Posts: 4,695
edited November 2007 in Other Music
http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=8575524b-3e8d-43a3-a1ea-ebb48cb27438&entry=index&sid=rss_topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

Winehouse Takes Herself off the Road
by Sarah Hall
Tue, 27 Nov 2007 03:51:37 PM PST
RECOMMENDED (0)
0.0COMMENTS (7)TEXT SIZE + A | -A
With her husband in jail, Amy Winehouse is having trouble keeping her solo act together.

The troubled chanteuse has called off her remaining concerts and public appearances for the year on doctor's orders, a spokeswoman said Tuesday. She had been scheduled to perform a 17-date tour in Britain and Ireland.

"The rigors involved in touring and the intense emotional strain that Amy has been under in recent weeks have taken their toll," Winehouse rep Tracey Miller said in a statement.

"In the interests of her health and well-being, Amy has been ordered to take complete rest and deal with her health issues."

The cancellation comes after Winehouse was booed by disappointed fans in Birmingham earlier this month after she took the stage half an hour late and slurred and stumbled her way through four songs.

When disgusted concertgoers began catcalling and storming out of the theater, Winehouse sprang to her own defense, lashing out and swearing at the audience.

"To them people booing, wait till my husband gets out of incarceration," she said. "And I mean that."

Winehouse's husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, was arrested earlier this month in connection with an assault case. Last week, he was remanded to custody until Jan. 18.

The separation from her significant other has clearly been taking its toll on the 24-year-old singer.

"I can't give it my all onstage without my Blake," Winehouse said in a statement provided by her rep. "I'm so sorry, but I don't want to do the shows halfheartedly; I love singing. My husband is everything to me, and without him, it's just not the same."

Ticket refunds will be made available at the point of purchase. There were no plans to reschedule the dates, the rep said.

It's not the first time Winehouse has taken herself off the road. Following a brief stint in rehab in August, she cleared her schedule, again citing "health issues" and the "rigors of touring."

Her family has requested that the public "respect Amy's privacy at this time."
... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Poor cow.
  • Yes T-R-A-I-N-W-R-E-C-K... :)
  • this is all such a shame. she truly is talented, i love her sound, and is gonna be dead soon at the rate she's going.
  • Where the fuck are her friends? Seriously someone must be able to get through to her and tell her to pull her shit together. As hugely talented as she is, she really needs to be pulled back down to earth. I hate the ego that goes along with people like this. It's like they don't realise about all the seriously fucked up stuff that's happening in the world, far worse than what they are dealing with.
  • i thought this thread was going to be about cincy............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • this is all such a shame. she truly is talented, i love her sound, and is gonna be dead soon at the rate she's going.

she is. she looks worse every time i see her.

i can't imagine anyone even buying tickets to her
    shows given her reputation. a true waste of talent.
    Nice shirt.
  • Where the fuck are her friends? Seriously someone must be able to get through to her and tell her to pull her shit together. As hugely talented as she is, she really needs to be pulled back down to earth. I hate the ego that goes along with people like this. It's like they don't realise about all the seriously fucked up stuff that's happening in the world, far worse than what they are dealing with.
    that's something i've thought about as well. it's sad if it's true that she has nobody around her to rely on. hell there was video that came out recently of her pulling something out of her beehive and snorting it....*on stage*!! it's like hello, band members, manager, somebody....anybody? hello!

yeah she just seems so far gone, locked in her own world of addiction she can't see any hope or listen to anybody. she used to be altogether, it seemed after she hooked up with her hubby she turned into a raging junkie. i thoguht perhaps the fact he was in jail would be a saving grace for her. i guess not.

lol speedy

and yeah quarter, i know even though i like her music i wouldn't bother to buy a ticket to a show, it'd be a waste of money, and just a sad sight to see.
  • I really hope she pulls herself together. Not just for herself and then her music but so that she pisses off all the people who don't like her.
  • I never really "got" the fascination with her anyway.
  • I never really "got" the fascination with her anyway.

Scrap all the tabloid bullshit that follows her, she has an amazing voice, incredibly unique for our times. Just a shame she doesn't make the most of it.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    Tread on my face if you like little lady
    Turn me inside out if you have to baby
    But don't you cross me off your list
    I am young and I ain't never been kissed
    Never been kissed by a lady called Amy

You're far out, you're fab and insane
    A woman of the world, it's quite plain
    My dad told me Amy's your name
    Said he'd break my neck if I played your game
    But he can bust my neck `cause I love you all the same

Amy I know you don't have to show your affection
    `Cause the big boys like you and to you I'm an infection
    So if you don't want me around
    I think I'll run along and drown
    You can't want this bum in town Amy

I'm beaten on the streets `cause I loves you
    I watch you go to work in the summer
    I don't whistle at you down the street
    I would if I could but I can't whistle you see

Amy I may not be James Dean
    Amy I may not be nineteen
    And I may still be in romper boots and jeans
    But Amy you're the girl that wrecks my dreams
  • brain of c wrote:
    Tread on my face if you like little lady
    Turn me inside out if you have to baby
    But don't you cross me off your list
    I am young and I ain't never been kissed
    Never been kissed by a lady called Amy

You're far out, you're fab and insane
    A woman of the world, it's quite plain
    My dad told me Amy's your name
    Said he'd break my neck if I played your game
    But he can bust my neck `cause I love you all the same

Amy I know you don't have to show your affection
    `Cause the big boys like you and to you I'm an infection
    So if you don't want me around
    I think I'll run along and drown
    You can't want this bum in town Amy

I'm beaten on the streets `cause I loves you
    I watch you go to work in the summer
    I don't whistle at you down the street
    I would if I could but I can't whistle you see

Amy I may not be James Dean
    Amy I may not be nineteen
    And I may still be in romper boots and jeans
    But Amy you're the girl that wrecks my dreams

Where did that come from?

I love Amy Winehouse but my friend 'borrowed' her last album before I had a chance to listen to it properly. :o
  • May I have the language of orgin?
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    Where did that come from?

I love Amy Winehouse but my friend 'borrowed' her last album before I had a chance to listen to it properly. :o

research.
  • meme wrote:
    Can you spell trainwreck?

H-E-R-O-I-N
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    May I have the language of orgin?

hilarious :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • i thought this thread was going to be about cincy............

Again...enough with this shit...it gets old...imaginary friends on the internet may cling to your balls, but you are truly a clueless individual.
    I'm trying to drink away the part of the day I cannot sleep away...
  • Again...enough with this shit...it gets old...imaginary friends on the internet may cling to your balls, but you are truly a clueless individual.
    thanks....

and may you and your family have a wonderful holiday season......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....