Songs You Despise

Comments

• tobbactobbac Posts: 234
    I fucking HATE Daniel Cook (on a bike, on a train...)!

you get daniel in the states? i thought it was an ontario thing....

i also cant stand that hinder song some have mentioned....
    You ain't-never seen no one like me
    Prevail-regardless what the cost might be
    Power-flows inside of me, you can't bring me
    Never-fall as long as I try
    Refuse-to be a part of your lie
    Even-if it means I die, you can't bring me
    You...can't...bring...me...down!
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I hate it when bands do a cover of a song, and then butcher it to death. not sure if that applies here ;)

I also don't like most of what is played on modern rock radio today. It just doesn't appeal to me. I'm finding myself going to local bands/indie labels/and myspace for bands to check out now.
    Gwen stefani's solo stuff is really bad- she should get no doubt back together! At least they rocked and were good, and had class.

That's my rant about music :D
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Pearls&StonesPearls&Stones Posts: 585
    About twice a week, the people I work with insist on country music. There are a few of those that f*ing irritate me
    I don't know names, as I despise country music, but here goes...

One starts "She grew up in a city in a little subdivision, Daddy wore a tie momma never fried a chicken..."

Another one where (Tim McGraw, I believe) has his kids sing for like 2 minutes at the end.

The "Have You Forgotten?" pro-war song. Yeah buddy, have you forgotten who actually attacked us that day? Did you actually ever know, or did you just know they had brown skin and figure we should lump all browned skin people together?

Anything by Toby Keith or Shania Twain.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • tobbactobbac Posts: 234
    1st STP song....
    1st collective soul song....

get your own damn vocal style.....
    You ain't-never seen no one like me
    Prevail-regardless what the cost might be
    Power-flows inside of me, you can't bring me
    Never-fall as long as I try
    Refuse-to be a part of your lie
    Even-if it means I die, you can't bring me
    You...can't...bring...me...down!
  • Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    I like a couple songs by Mika. He does sound like Freddy and I dig it. I am not a hater. Also John Mayer is sexy. Meme, you listen to too much Pearl Jam. :D

My List:

Smells like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
    Dani California - RHCP
    Spinal Meningitis - Ween
    Sweet Surrender - Sarah Mclachlan

Most of the music on the radio is pretty much added to this list.
    Cock Fight.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    Tek Money wrote:
    Spinal Meningitis - Ween

ahah i was waiting for them to popup..... although i strongly disagree.... this song is a religious experience live... as is Ween in general live
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    bharQ wrote:
    ahah i was waiting for them to popup..... although i strongly disagree.... this song is a religious experience live... as is Ween in general live

I love Ween. That song creeps me the fuck out. I might change my mind when I see them live. If they play it.
    Cock Fight.
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    I can't believe nobody's mentioned "Fergalicious."
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
    DocChicago wrote:
    I can't believe nobody's mentioned "Fergalicious."
    It's my favorite song
    Cock Fight.
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    I Knew It!
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    Tek Money wrote:
    Meme, you listen to too much Pearl Jam. :D

My List:

Smells like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
    Dani California - RHCP
    Spinal Meningitis - Ween
    Sweet Surrender - Sarah Mclachlan

What? No Pearl Jam? :p

Hey, tell your friend on the other side of the pond that I'll be seeing muse tomorrow if MCR get over their guts.

Doc... did you check out the thread to see whether anyone had mention Def Leppard?
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    Anything from Wolfmother. I'd rather listen to fucking Hinder than be subjected to Wolfmother.
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    Friday, I'm In Love- The Cure
    Perfect- The Smashing Pumpkins
    Friends In Low Places- Garth Brooks
  • IlovveePJIlovveePJ Posts: 145
    Black Parade by My Chemical Romance..... I HATE IT!

Face Down- Red Jumpsuit Whatever they're called!

Umm any Nickelback song.
    Cincinnati. 6.24.06 Portland. 7.20.06 Gorge I. 7.22.06 London. 6.18.07
    Lollapalooza. 8.5.07 West Palm Beach. 6.11.08 Bonnaroo. 6.14.08
    Hartford. Mansfield.

www.myspace.com/lkatmeimsandrab
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    yoke wrote:
    Paradise by the dashboard light
    last kiss

Oh dude ( or dudette), you so need serious therapy. You need to go parking on a hot summer night, with a steamin' hot partner of your sex of choice.
    Normally, I feel music is totally personal but ya can't hate Paradise by the Dashboard Light, ya just can't !!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • CaterinaACaterinaA Posts: 572
    You're beautiful - James Blunt (this song makes me sick. Please any of the brits if you ever see him punch him hard in the face)

Ain't that a lot of love - Simply Red (despise it with a passion, actually everything sung by Mick Hucknall)
  • you beat me to it. james *unt. undoubtedly the most irritating shit ever..except maybe:

micheal jackson-earth song, that stands out as particularly awful though im sure there are others

gwen stefani-any of her solo stuff

mika needs a slap too..

i find beyonce and dc really annoying as well

50 pence can go *uck himself.

the rasmus: in the shadows

evanesence-anything ever, same with creed, lifehouse nickelcack and puddle of poo, staind.

adema covering nutshell and oh..this is it:

jamie fucking cullum. esp the cover of lover, you should have come over...on a par with micheal bolton...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

oh and ive always wanted to see micheal flately fall over on stage...

chris de blaarrrgh is awful as well. And avril lavinge, stinkin park, limp dickshit, papa roach, good charlotte, the last 2 korn albums...

think im done now.
  • rock_goddessrock_goddess Posts: 970
    girlfriend - avril lavgine
    anything by enter shikari
    cupids choice - gym class heroes
    fallen leaves - billy talent
    all country music
    hump de bump - rhcp
    my humps
    *Fellow astorian*

20/4/06 Astoria
    23/8/06 Dublin

http://www.myspace.com/rockgoddess1318
  • upina2001upina2001 Posts: 764
    Parking Lot-Joni Mitchell
    Play Guitar-John Mellencamp
    Tempted by the Fruit of another-Squeeze
    Changes- David Bowie
    Blinded By The Light-Manfred Mann
    Radar Love-Golden Earring
    Paradice by the dashboard light-Meatloaf
    The Grease Song

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• memememe Posts: 4,695
    CaterinaA wrote:
    You're beautiful - James Blunt (this song makes me sick. Please any of the brits if you ever see him punch him hard in the face)

That's very high on my list too :p
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • CaterinaACaterinaA Posts: 572
    meme wrote:
    That's very high on my list too :p

I can't express how much I despise it. Besides some of our local latino singers (Ricky Martin, Luis Miguel, Arjona) which I loathe this is the song I have championed against the most ;)
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    Mohab wrote:
    Esp. the run of 'blinded...' lyrics near the end.
    Artist: Manfred Mann's Earth Band Lyrics
    Song: Blinded By the Light Lyrics

Did you know those lyrics were written by Springsteen?
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
    AndySlash wrote:
    Friends In Low Places- Garth Brooks

I love that song, I think its the perfect drunken bar-room song, but I am from NYC so its probably a novelty to me.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

• upina2001upina2001 Posts: 764
    Brainofdz wrote:
    Mohab wrote:
    Esp. the run of 'blinded...' lyrics near the end.
    Artist: Manfred Mann's Earth Band Lyrics
    Song: Blinded By the Light Lyrics

Did you know those lyrics were written by Springsteen?

So that qualifies it as a good song? Psssst., please.

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

upina2001 wrote:
    Brainofdz wrote:

So that qualifies it as a good song? Psssst., please.

Where is it that I said that? Personally, I don't think the song is that bad, but mostly I was just sharing information that may or may not be common knowledge.

• dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    blue on black

and

CUMBERSOME!!!! (however you spell it) Oh My Word I want to tear off my arms and beat myself senseless everytime I am forced to hear it.
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    I forgot that awful "bleeding hearts baby" song by Head Automatica.

Ugh. Terrible.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• Anything from Gwen Stephani post 2001, with the exception of that cover, can't think of the name of it
    Alpine Valley 06-13-99 [EV-Solo]
    Alpine Valley 10-8-00 (The Icebowl)
    Chicago 05-16-06, 05-17-06
    Lollapalooza 08-05-07
    Chicago 08-22-08 [EV Solo]
    Chicago 08-23-09, 08-24-09
    Chicago 06-28-11, 06-29-11 [EV Solo]
    PJ20 Alpine Valley 09-03-11, 09-04-11
    Wrigley Field 07-19-13
    Wrigley Field 08-20-16, 08-22-16
  • I Am GoneI Am Gone Posts: 831
    Has anyone heard the British Eurovision entry. I think it may be the worst piece of music ever written, but i'm not sure i would label it as music.
    REMEMBER KIDS....

The Bible is full of lies - Stone is the leader of us all!
  • MohabMohab Posts: 310
    Brainofdz wrote:
    upina2001 wrote:

Where is it that I said that? Personally, I don't think the song is that bad, but mostly I was just sharing information that may or may not be common knowledge.

Ya learn something new every day. The lyrics surprised me on paper, but the song drives me nuts.