EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    The Creator Has a Master Plan by Pharaoh Sanders has got to be a contender, too.
    In my top 5. Fucking incredible. I hear some people don't like the yodelling. those people can go die as far as I'm concerned.

my vote goes to Two-Headed Boy pt 2 by Neutral Milk Hotel. Certainly the most heartbreaking song ever written.

"Two-headed boy, she is all you could need
    she will feed you tomatoes and radio wires
    and retire to sheets safe and clean
    but don't hate her when she gets up to leave"

The final line kills me.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Dylan...Like A Rolling Stone...Enough Said....http://youtube.com/watch?v=xO0gSJGJ7Fs
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Sparks
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    dunkman wrote:
    REM - Country Feedback

i just adore it ..

great, great, great song
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • rvp wrote:
    have you heard a little song called Black?

:D

I concur.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    gates of eden

or

visions of johanna

or

idiot wind

or

like a rolling stone
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
    glasshouse wrote:
    gates of eden

or

visions of johanna

or

idiot wind

or

like a rolling stone
    Gates of Eden or It's alright Ma could easily be the best song ever in my opinion.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
    Motorcycle Emptiness - Manic Street Preachers

And also, I say this slightly tongue in cheek...

'Careless Whisper' by George Michael

...still think it's a pretty good song
    Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
    1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    In my top 5. Fucking incredible. I hear some people don't like the yodelling. those people can go die as far as I'm concerned.

One sensible thing Freud did say was that if something irritates you, it's possible you secretly find it beautiful, and those bourgeois anti-yodellers just can't handle the beauty of free (but also sublimely controlled) vocal expression.
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    American Pie - Don Maclean
  • Japanese Boy - Aneka

:D:D:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    Dylan - Idiot Wind.

When I need a punch in the gut?

Husker Du - Too Far Down.
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    I have a new song today......GTF
  • Nightswimming REM

Mandolin Rain Bruce Hornsby

The Wind Cat Stevens
    http://www.myspace.com/sigepnader

History is the polemics of the victor...

LETS GO CARDINALS!
  • 'constant craving' - kd lang
    this song just played on my ipod, not the greatest song per se, but certainly beautiful! lovely lyrics and voice

and another one that occurred to me as a great one - 'it's alright ma i'm only bleeding' by dylan. that played a bit earlier...can i say how much i LOVE my new ipod lol
  • dunkman wrote:
    why are you surprised Audio? i went to see them in concert when you were still dreaming about jugs and your first abacus ;)

Either Stairway to Heaven (Zeppelin) or Detachible Penis (King Missile).
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Nas - One Mic
  • its_okits_ok Posts: 200
    Besides from Pearl Jam...

Tool - Third Eye
    PJ
    2000 Roskilde, 2006 Barcelona, 2007 London, Copenhagen, 2008 New York 1, New York 2, 2009 Berlin, 2010 Dublin, Belfast, 2012 Amsterdam 1, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, 2013 Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014 Milan, Trieste, Berlin, Stockholm, Milton Keynes

EV
    2012 Manchester, London 1, London 2
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    black dog, i'm also going through a big rosetta stoned phase - track 7 on tool's 10,000 days
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
    Odin wrote:
    Nas - One Mic
    certainly one of the best hip-hop songs ever. Might even be better than half of Illmatic.
  • 'constant craving' - kd lang
    this song just played on my ipod, not the greatest song per se, but certainly beautiful! lovely lyrics and voice

I used to think that song was called "Can't Stand Gravy". I used to ask myself, "Why the fuck is she saying she can't stand gravy? Is this some sort of lesbian code for, er, not standing gravy?"

:D
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    certainly one of the best hip-hop songs ever. Might even be better than half of Illmatic.

I think that has to do with the emotional state Nas was in when he wrote One Mic, and for that matter all of Stillmatic. At the time, he was down-and-out both in life and in hip-hop. Critics were writing his career off after Nastradamus, he had formidable enemies in Jay-Z and Cormega, and his lover Carmen wasn't remaining faithful. You could almost feel the aggression coming from him, just as you could while listening to "Hate Me Now" from I Am... and the second verse of "Life We Chose" from Nastradamus.

The third verse is especially powerful with lines like "They don't understand or wanna see me on top, too egotistical / talkin' all that slick shit, the same way these bitches do" and "Bitches left me cause they thought I was finished / shoulda knew she wasn't true, she came to me when her man caught a sentence." Nas is at his best when he exposes the fickle, backstabbing people in his life. And at the time, his lyrics resonated with me personally because I could relate to everything he was going through.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    alive live from 05 and up. eds voice sounds so much better for that song now then before. any of those versions equal the greatest song of all time.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09