Muse/My Chemical Romance

memememe Posts: 4,695
edited April 2007 in Other Music
I know, I know... it pains me to see them in the same sentence.

Muse is opening for MCR. They are playing in Ohio in a few days, and before I decide to buy tickets for the show I would like to hear from people in Virginia and New York (where they play before Ohio) who have decided to buy tickets whether it was worth it: how long a set are they playing? Is the audience reacting? Did you leave after their set? If not, how were MCR? Were you... maybe... pleasantly surprised?
... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I saw them at warped tour and I was not impressed to say the least...I have no idea why the hell muse would open for them
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    well speaking as someone who missed out on getting tix to see muse when they were in SF (didn't matter in the end since i was still sick the day they played :( ), i'd say just go...worst case, if MCR starts off and it's bad, you can leave knowing you saw muse :) i hope to see 'em someday
  • meh, if it was me I'd skip Muse and go just to see My Chem. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    meh, if it was me I'd skip Muse and go just to see My Chem. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Intresting take I see you're going for teh shitty band over the boring as all hell band where most people here seem to be all about the boring as shit band. personaly I would stay home and whack off.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Hey meme!!

I hated Muse live, I'd prob prefer MCR :o
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Muse opening for MCR, what next Pearl Jam opening for Fall Out Boy?
    Strange very strange.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • they are both equally shitty so a joint headliner would make more sense...

heh.
  • ParasolParasol Posts: 319
    go and see Muse, then leave. ;)
    --- Barcelona 01/09/2006 ---
    ---- Lisbon 04/09/2006
    ---- Lisbon 05/09/2006
    "One of the best...The Best! Thank You!" Eddie Vedder. 05/09/2006 Lisbon, Portugal
    2007:
    ---- Lisbon 08/06/2007 ----
    ---- London 18/06/2007 ----
    --- Nijmegen 28/06/2007 ---
    --- Werchter 29/06/2007 ---
  • ArctangentArctangent Posts: 614
    Muse opening for MCR, what next Pearl Jam opening for Fall Out Boy?
    Strange very strange.

muse are not that big in america yet. and mcr are selling more records. hopefully by muse playing this support slot it may open up the u.s. market for them a bit and gain them a few new fans.

still think muse will blow mcr away though.
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    anyone from Virginia? Or New York? How long did they play :)

Maybe I'll change my plane and go see them in Wembley the day before PJ :p
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    that seems like kind of an odd pairing. not being a huge fan of either band though, id be curious to check it out.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I pity MCR, Muse are an incredible live band. Kind of reminds me of when Green Day and Blink 182 did a joint headlining tour, but Green Day insisted on going on first. Apparently Blink thought they were being gracious in accepting that Blink had overtaken Green Day in popularity and whatnot, when really Green Day knew they would blow them away every time.
  • the jamthe jam Posts: 31
    i just saw them in fort lauderdale fl, and it was great. muse blew my mind. they played mostly from their latest album and played for about 40 minutes. i thought they were amazing. mcr was decent as well. i'm not into there songs, but it was cool to see the youth appriate a band like they did. they weren't to bad live as well. will i buy a mcr cd (no). another thing, the crowd was super young, 95% was there to see mcr. the plus to the young crowd was there was no lines at the beer stations.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    it's going to be like when I saw Muse with Velvet Revolver.

Muse was freaking awesome, then came phony GNR....

Muse is going to spoil you even if MCR plays a good set.

MCR seems very talented to me but I'm not feeling that whole black parade look how depressed I am goth stuff.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • I'm surprised at the number of Muse haters on here. Black Holes and Revelations is on my list of the best albums from last year. It's like Radiohead all mixed up with Queen, on the V for Vendetta tip.

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,356
    FYI

http://www.muse.mu

You can check out their forum for setlists etc.

If I were in a town where they were playing, I'd pay to see Muse and end up leaving sometime during MCR.

It's ok that their are Muse haters, people like different things and everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter how wrong they are. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    MCR seems very talented to me but I'm not feeling that whole black parade look how depressed I am goth stuff.
    The black parade isn't about being depressed or being a goth.
    FYI

http://www.muse.mu

You can check out their forum for setlists etc.

If I were in a town where they were playing, I'd pay to see Muse and end up leaving sometime during MCR.

It's ok that their are Muse haters, people like different things and everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter how wrong they are. ;)

Am I stupid or is it damn near impossible to find mention of the touring with MCR in there :D?

Thank you all for the input!

Especially the jam... 40 minutes sounds like a very short time :(

I'll keep thinking about it :p
  • Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    meme wrote:
    Am I stupid or is it damn near impossible to find mention of the touring with MCR in there :D?

Thank you all for the input!

Especially the jam... 40 minutes sounds like a very short time :(

I'll keep thinking about it :p

No you won't! Are you mad?

Go see Muse, and have a great time.
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Muse's A&R guy (who set this up) is probably getting more hate mail than Barry Bonds.
  • The black parade isn't about being depressed or being a goth.

it's about Interscope Records dumbing down the industry.
  • it's about Interscope Records dumbing down the industry.
    just stop
  • darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
    WHAT THE FUCK?! HOW THE FUCK ARE MUSE SUPPORTING THESE SHITTY TWATS?! THIS ENRAGES ME SO MUCH!! FUCKING TWATS!! MUSE ARE AMAZING. ARGH sorry :(
    Well, I've done it. I bought the ticket. 28 dollars. When TM was all done with his ripping off it went up to 41. I hope it's worth it. It's going to be about a dollar per minute to see muse :)
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    trust me, watch muse and ditch mcr

seen muse 4 times and they are epicly epic

had to sit through mcr tripe at leeds

its weird, over here mcr supported muse. how they tables turn when in their homeland

but really SEE MUSE, DITCH MCR
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley