The New Killers

EPhi1430EPhi1430 Posts: 33
edited September 2006 in Other Music
I really can't point out the reason why I love the band so much but there is something about them that I dig so much. I can't wait to get the new album, Hot Fuss to me is a classic and I hope this one lives up to it. Just thought I would throw that out there, what do you guys think?
Thats okay man, cause I love Frogs

Shows:
7/2/98 8/18/00 8/20/00 8/21/00 4/21/03(Home town) 4/25/00 - cancelled:( 6/19/03 6/22/03 10/2/04 10/6/04
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    i am waiting for it.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Yeah I like the Killers alot actually..one of my fav newer bands along with Arcade Fire..
    First single from the 2nd album is sweet..hoping the rest is good
    Master of Zen
  • CageyCagey Posts: 220
    I read somewhere that the new album stinks ... alot. Apparently they're gone all bruce springsteen-ish, in the bad sense.
    All my favourite singers have stolen all of my best lines.
  • Loved Hot Fuss

Love the new song

BOLD STATEMENT ALERT: There have been very few bands since Pearl Jam that I have liked so much as soon as they came out.

For me, I would have to say the best new band in the last 6-7 years.
  • I'm excited about that record!!! It's such an awesome band and Hot Fuss is one of the best records I've heard in a long time!!!

Brandon Flowers even says that they made the greatest record of the past 20 years!!! of course is not, they missed Ten, Nevermind, Ok Computer, Is this it but whatever!!
    Pearl Jam Mexico 2005, The greatest year ever!
    December 9, 10 - ESTA BIEN, ESTA BIEEEEEN!

www.myspace.com/clau_yellowled
  • 3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    i didn't really get into their first two singles, but i was taken aback by All These Things I've Done. Great song. Can't stop playing it lately (along w/ Search and Destroy and I Wanna Be Your Dog).
    Live Free or Die!
  • Absolutely love the new song, I can't stop playing it! I hope the new album has a similar vibe. I think they are a classic band in the making, their melodies are really catchy and the songs have a bit more substance than a lot of other pop-rock bands.
  • i havent heard their new song yet but i love the stuff off their first album
    *Fellow astorian*

20/4/06 Astoria
    23/8/06 Dublin

http://www.myspace.com/rockgoddess1318
  • i havent heard their new song yet but i love the stuff off their first album

In my honest opinion, it's their best song yet, it's pretty epic towards the end. You can find it on most the peer2peer networks.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i got to close to hot fuss and it grew on me.
  • miskinmiskin Posts: 278
    hot fuss is great, and im looking forward to hearing the new single soon.

they are a good band, kinda of a less extreme muse sound in places.
    myspace.com/airstriponeuk
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    I liked some of the old stuff but I dont like the new song at all. And I dont think it sounds Springsteen-ish at all, i just think it sucks.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • LedZepFan wrote:
    I liked some of the old stuff but I dont like the new song at all. And I dont think it sounds Springsteen-ish at all, i just think it sucks.

Musically speaking the guitar lines have a Born to Run feel to them. Springsteen wasn't the first thought that came to my mind when I heard it, but thinking about it I can see what people are saying. That and the narrative style of lyrics which is very Springsteen-esque.
  • glad to see that there are people who share my opinions on the band. October 3rd is just around the corner...
    Thats okay man, cause I love Frogs

Shows:
    7/2/98 8/18/00 8/20/00 8/21/00 4/21/03(Home town) 4/25/00 - cancelled:( 6/19/03 6/22/03 10/2/04 10/6/04
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I am anxiously awaiting their new release. In fact I've already pre-ordered on Amazon. I really like their sound. It's a throwback 80's sound in a good way. Which is difficult to define but the fans know what I'm talking about. Plus, I'm not gay, but the lead singer Brandon Flowers is so damn pretty! :)