Options

Favorite Nirvana Song

13»

Comments

• Options
    one of my favorites is actually the rare demo "Gallons of Rubbing Alcohol Flow Through the Strip." it's a take-one type of song. cool riff and catch beat. seek it out if you haven't heard it.

oh i forgot about that song, its great, thier just messing around. i love it.
  • Options
    JPS79JPS79 Posts: 148
    Lounge Act or Sappy
    Seems the more you make
    equals the loneliness you get
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    danny72688 wrote:
    I'm surprised at the lack of Sappy (not Verse Chorus Verse) responses. I'm assuming most people haven't heard it. That is the best Nirvana song to me. I suggest everyone download that song. One of the few songs I've ever heard that COMPLETELY BITCH SLAPPED ME from the first second of the song. Sappy is the most amazing song I swear (better than anything Pearl Jam I hate to admit). Nirvana had a few "bitch slappers" actually: Sappy, Smells Like Teen Spirit, About a Girl, Breed, All Apologies, Rape Me, and Dive off the top of my head.

you sound like an elitist assuming most people haven't heard it. :) but that's okay. i can get like that as well.
    i find sappy to be quite beatle-ish. especially the drums. it makes me nod my head and move my upper body from side to side just like those old film clips.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Sliver.

I dunno why but I just love that song. That and Heart Shaped Box, better than the Bowie version IMO
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    eddies grrleddies grrl Posts: 509
    same here, always just listened to them without thinking of a fave...kind of weird... i would say my faves are

lithium
    territorial pissings
    polly
    sliver...can't get enough of "grandma take me home.." :)
    something in the way

ugh! i forgot something in the way. i love that one. his voice sounds almost flat, but he somehow still projects so much emotion.
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    you sound like an elitist assuming most people haven't heard it. :) but that's okay. i can get like that as well.
    i find sappy to be quite beatle-ish. especially the drums. it makes me nod my head and move my upper body from side to side just like those old film clips.

I just figure it's better than Smells Like Teen Spirit which is a crowd favorite. I did sound kinda sound stuck up though... The solo is what fucking destroys me, it's the most beautiful thing I've ever heard.
  • Options
    UlalumeUlalume Posts: 48
    Lithium
    Sappy
    Heart-Shaped Box
    Dumb
    How dark a woe! yet how sublime a hope!
    How silently serene a sea of pride!
    How daring an ambition! yet how deep--
    How fathomless a capacity for love!
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    Bleach
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options
    Gators76Gators76 Posts: 160
    Aneurysm
    Toledo 96, Cleveland 03, Pittsburgh 03, Vegas 06,
    San Diego 06.....Do I want some more? I said FUCK YEAH!!!!
  • Options
    bryanfurybryanfury Posts: 460
    all time has to be lounge act

molly's lips gets an honorable mention

and yes, i've heard sappy!
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
  • Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    bryanfury wrote:
    all time has to be lounge act

molly's lips gets an honorable mention

and yes, i've heard sappy!

Hey, Lounge Act is the reason I learned to play bass :D But I said earlier, mine is Sappy.
  • Options
    Brutality wrote:
    Lithium

I'm with ya
    Want to be enlightened, like I want to be told the end.
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    sliver
    jesus doesn't want me for a sunbeam (a cover by nirvana)
    plateau
    come as you are
    lithium
    heart-shaped box
    pennyroyal tea
    rape me
    all apologies...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    Galaxie2X4Galaxie2X4 Posts: 151
    Where did you sleep last night is haunting. The original by Ledbelly is cool too. In Bloom rocks and Pennyroyal Tea is amazing. Polly is great too. Shit, I need to start listening to Nirvana again.
    "My Cadillac's sittin in the back, it isn't me, I'm going home in my Galaxy"
    S. Hoon

"My body's nobody's body but mine. You run your own body, let me run mine" Chicago '95

Franken '08
  • Options
    Galaxie2X4Galaxie2X4 Posts: 151
    Covers of Plateau, Oh me, and Lake of Fire with the Meat Puppets were also amazing. How fucking cool was that. Nirvana Mtv unplugged with special guests Soundgarden....No, Alice in Chains......No, Pearl Jam.......no, The Melvins......nope, not even the Melvins. They bring out the brothers Meat. Fucking awesome.
    "My Cadillac's sittin in the back, it isn't me, I'm going home in my Galaxy"
    S. Hoon

"My body's nobody's body but mine. You run your own body, let me run mine" Chicago '95

Franken '08
  • Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    Galaxie2X4 wrote:
    Covers of Plateau, Oh me, and Lake of Fire with the Meat Puppets were also amazing. How fucking cool was that. Nirvana Mtv unplugged with special guests Soundgarden....No, Alice in Chains......No, Pearl Jam.......no, The Melvins......nope, not even the Melvins. They bring out the brothers Meat. Fucking awesome.

ha ha the brothers meat. meatpuppets are cool. way underrated imo.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    alobaralobar Posts: 310
    love buzz.....and yeah i know it was a cover, so dont give me the elitist lecture

just to say it, ummm, duuuude, that was a cover.
    "I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE