MUSE - Black holes & Revelations

(UK)_foxymop(UK)_foxymop Posts: 234
edited July 2006 in Other Music
Fantastic new album.. the more I hear it the more I love it!

http://streamos.warnermusic.com/wmedia/wmiuk/muse/blackholesrevelationsalbum_hi.wax

I'm off out now to buy the CD.. how could anyone not love MUSE!!! :cool:
♥ ♪ ♪
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    it sucks. The first album promised something, but then they became worse and worse and worse... this is the worst one...
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Awesome album, I love how Muse constantly evolve with each album. Puck, get your ears cleaned out!!!
  • solace23solace23 Posts: 704
    has anyone seen any reviews for the album yet?? if so can you post them or give me a link!!
  • blue_rainblue_rain Posts: 163
    Fantastic new album.. the more I hear it the more I love it!

http://streamos.warnermusic.com/wmedia/wmiuk/muse/blackholesrevelationsalbum_hi.wax

I'm off out now to buy the CD.. how could anyone not love MUSE!!! :cool:

I'm CRAZY about this album. Totally hooked.
    "Is my band ready to kick it?" Stone Gossard

28/Oct/96, 29/May/00, 04/Jun/00, 28/Jun/00, 30/Jun/00, 02/Jul/03, 03/Jul/03, 05/Jul/03, 08/Jul/03, 09/Jul/03, 20/Apr/06, 27/Aug/06, 09/Sep/06, 13/Sep/06, 12/Jun/07, 13/Jun/07, 18/Jun/07, 26/Jun/07, 28/Jun/07, 02/Apr/08 (Ed), 03/Apr/08 (Ed), 11/Aug09, 13/Aug/09, 17/Aug/09, 18/Aug/09, 25/Jun/10
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    solace23 wrote:
    has anyone seen any reviews for the album yet?? if so can you post them or give me a link!!

http://www.nme.com/reviews/muse/7970

kerrang gave it 5/5 too. I read some reviews in the sunday paprs too, and they all said it was excellent.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i have to wait one more week but i'm looking forward to getting my mitts on it.
  • Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    I like it.

It's not the masterpiece I thought it might have been but it's a good record.

It reminds me a lot of late 80's/early 90's style Depeche Mode.

I really hope to see them live when they tour the UK in October!!
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    It is a very good album.

However, I wasn't impressed with the addition of a fourth live member when they played on 4music the other day. I hope this doesn't signify the departure of Matt playing the piano with a guitar around his neck.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • (UK)_foxymop(UK)_foxymop Posts: 234
    audiodave wrote:
    It is a very good album.

However, I wasn't impressed with the addition of a fourth live member when they played on 4music the other day. I hope this doesn't signify the departure of Matt playing the piano with a guitar around his neck.
    Let's hope not .. the man's got style ;):D

solace23 wrote:
    The review on last.fm is pretty good and concise, does it track by track:

So I have given this album quite a few listens over the last couple days since it has leaked. and i think i have come to my final conclusion.

black holes and revelations is the most impressive album i have ever heard.

Muse not only reinvent themselves completely on this album, they reinvent themselves with every song. from the broodingly operatic take a bow all the way through to the space western epic that is knights of cydonia, each song is completely different, yet somehow fit together perfectly. and since you really cant make general observations about this album, lets take it track by track...
    continues..

here's the link:
    http://www.last.fm/user/BlenderChild/journal/2006/06/9/152500/

enjoy :)
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    nowhere near the previous 3 albums, but i say this after only 1 listen. i will give it a proper listen on the plane tomorrow

i was initially put off by how shit supermassive blackhole is, but some of the songs sound alright

is it just me or can you imagine the intro to knights of cydonia being a maiden song?
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • (UK)_foxymop(UK)_foxymop Posts: 234
    .. first week of release.

Good to see a "proper rock" band giving all the mainstream a run for their money! :D

It really is a great album though .. so full of energy!

duggro wrote:

is it just me or can you imagine the intro to knights of cydonia being a maiden song?
    Ahh ahh ahh ... ahh ahhh ahhh . :D another comparison.
    Is there anyone this album hasn't been compared to sounding like?? :D
    I hear alot of early Queen myself ;)
    I don't get the Britney comparisons though .. Muse are a complete different class .. there's so many more levels going on .. Britney is tinpot.

I love the video this guy has put to Knights of Cydonia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvXHWH0XsYE&search=muse%20knights%20of%20cydonia
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 697
    great album, one of the best this year. got it with the ablsolution dvd and that is amazing as well!
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    MUSE is one of the best fuckin' band of the recent times!!!

They seem to not be able to miss, their new effort is absolutely brilliant (just like the previous ones)...they sound like a band in the focus territory of Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Pearl Jam and Queen!!!!!!!

And if any of you have the chance to see them live...DON't miss it, they are even better on stage...if you've seen them you know what I am talking about...if you haven't then get TODAY the Hullabaloo DVD (Live in Paris)...it will speak for itself:):) Matt is a really HUGE musician and performer!!!!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    hmmmmm having listened to it a lot on a 13 hour flight, this album is growing one me.

nowhere near the standard of the previous albums yet though
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    duggro wrote:
    hmmmmm having listened to it a lot on a 13 hour flight, this album is growing one me.

nowhere near the standard of the previous albums yet though

Yeah, it's grown on me too. It starts and ends really strongly but theres a section in the middle where you could almost forget it's even playing if you're doing something else.

That said, I can't wait to see them in November
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018