Wu Tang Clan!!

rucchinrucchin Posts: 25
edited August 2006 in Other Music
Anyone here a fan of the WU??? Anyone?

Well, I just saw them in concert and they were amazing. Everyone member was present (except ODB) and everyone was on fire. I took some photos and videos.
check out my blog
AngryCitizen.org

The guys said they were working on a new Wu tang album, which I hope is true and not some b.s. to win the crowd over.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Not my cup of tea, but glad you had fun.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Cool! I am a fan, didn't realize they were touring.
    rucchin wrote:
    Anyone here a fan of the WU??? Anyone?

Well, I just saw them in concert and they were amazing. Everyone member was present (except ODB) and everyone was on fire. I took some photos and videos.
    check out my blog
    AngryCitizen.org

The guys said they were working on a new Wu tang album, which I hope is true and not some b.s. to win the crowd over.
  • chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Cool man, I'm going to the Webster show tonight.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    I think Enter the Wu-Tang is a great album, and ODB's solo stuff is crazy.
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    Wu-Tang Killah Bees! I was gonna go to one of these shows but the $50 price tag scared me off. I saw Ghostface last year at BB Kings and he put on a great show. It must have been great to see them all on stage together.
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    ... ain't nuttin to fuck with
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    They need to come out with a new album and tour the country as a unit.
  • moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 535
    i saw them the summer of '96 when they were on the lolla tour. we were real close to the front and some of the guys on stage were throwing shit out into the crowd. i finally caught one, it was a wu tang cassette single. i threw it back onto the stage.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • MohabMohab Posts: 310
    Iron Flag has about five classics, The W about three. Wu Forever is a solid double lp,

Liquid Swords, Cuban Lynx, Gzas first album, Iron Man by Ghostface and No Said Date by Master Killer are all good cds too

The wu tang manual is pretty worthwhile

The playstation game is actually amazing

one of my most wanted to see live bands
  • bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
    Have you seen the movie "Black And White"? It's a film about how these East Side, white privaleged kids imitate hip hop culture in New York. It stars a bunch of guys from the Wu Tang Clan, including Method Man, Raekwon, Inspecta Deck, and so on. Brooke Shields is in it, along with Robert Downey Jr., who playes her gay husband.

Here's a better plot summary fro IMDB.COM:

Set in New York City, Black and White features several losely related stories centering on a pair of documentary filmmakers, Sam and her husband Terry, in following a group of caucasian teens, Raven, Charlie, Will, Marty, Wren and others who try to fit in with Harlem's black hip-hop crowd who include gangster rapper Rich Bower and his music partner Cigar in landing a recording gig, as well as college basketball player Dean who is conflicted on taking a fall on a game for shady gambler Mark Clear who has hidden agenda for Dean and Rich.
    Hip-hop culture in New York City attracts White kids from privilege and young Black men moving from crime to the recording studio. For the White kids, it's a fad they throw themselves into: the girls into sex and at least one boy into violence. For the Black men, there's expression and, perhaps, fame. Looking on, besides a gambler turned cop, is a wealthy couple: she's making a documentary of White kids attracted to Black pop culture, he's cruising for men. The cop, who's motive is unclear, sets up a college athlete to throw a game then puts on the squeeze. A very blond grad student moves from Black man to Black man. A D.A. worries about his career and his son. It's a mix.

someone's comment:

Black & White: a documentary director and her husband follows several upper middle class high school kids to try and comprehend why they have chosen to emulate black inner city hip-hop rappers.

What is intended to be an avante-garde-in-your-face mockumentary addressing serious sociological issues is a weak series of loosely interconnecting stories with poorly developed and uninteresting characters. The credits tout many big names - Robert Downey Jr., Ben Stiller, Brooke Shields among them - but the performances are lackluster at best: while Downey's stereotypical fey gay character borders on offensive, he can't compare with Mike Tyson's ludicrous attempts at philosophizing.

At least there are no shades of grey here - it is all bad.
    11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
    Mohab wrote:
    Liquid Swords, Cuban Lynx, Gzas first album, Iron Man by Ghostface and No Said Date by Master Killer are all good cds too

I would add Ghostface's Supreme Clientele and RZA's Bobby Digital to that list.
  • reditalianreditalian Posts: 329
    A couple of years ago at around 9:00 am I got a phone call from a guy who claimed he was Ghost Face Killa. I obviously thought he was full of shit and hung up on him. An hour later my sister- in- law called and said she was at a Wu Tang concert the night before and went back stage after. When she was "finished" with the group they wanted her phone number but she lived at home so she gave them my number. Can you believe it I hung up on Ghost face Killa!!!!! He actually called back and I apologized to him and my sister-in-law went to to more shows with them!!
    There's no I in team, but there's me.

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS

"I'm George Bush and my son's an asshole" 08/03/2000

Don't stop wen you're tired, stop when you're done
  • alobaralobar Posts: 310
    Mohab wrote:
    Iron Flag has about five classics, The W about three. Wu Forever is a solid double lp,

The wu tang manual is pretty worthwhile

The playstation game is actually amazing

one of my most wanted to see live bands

all those albums mentioned and no love for 36 Chambers? It's my fave.
    "I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE
  • rucchinrucchin Posts: 25
    Supreme Clientele needs to be added to any list of great Wu Tang albums.
    rucchin wrote:
    Supreme Clientele needs to be added to any list of great Wu Tang albums.

Definitely a classic. "I'm like Malcom... out the window with a joint"