Options

Top Ten Most Annoying Singers

2»

Comments

• Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    But she's purty...
    Not really. She just has really nice hair that covers half her face so you can't see how average looking she is...
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    Stevie Nicks should be on there.

ugh.

No way! I love Stevie!

I'll vote for that Furgie woman from Black Eyed Peas.
  • Options
    Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    my votes would go to:

Chris Cornell
    Robert Plant
    Geddy Lee

(ducks for cover ;))
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • Options
    hoopinmanhoopinman Posts: 294
    elmer wrote:
    Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan will agree he cant sing for shit
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    fowls wrote:
    Not really. She just has really nice hair that covers half her face so you can't see how average looking she is...
    She's no masterpiece in the traditional sense but she's cute as buttons and really totally my type. Average can be good if you do it right. If only she didn't sound like a modern day theme tune for Steptoe & Son...
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    But she's purty...

and your Dylan comment well... common complaint but I love his voice personally.
    She maybe attended a Swiss boarding school and speaks with a cut-glass accent for all I know and I haven't any prejudice against -cock-neys, just not into that glottal stop over music. Oh, but I've no problem with Madness or The Specials.

I've tryed sooo hard with Dylan and accept his songwriting has some greatness but just can't get past that voice y'know.
  • Options
    hoopinman wrote:
    Bob Dylan will agree he cant sing for shit
    Yeah cus like, unconventional = bad innit? I mean like, if singers actually use their voice as an instrument as opposed to a way to get on the radio, it fucken sucks, miright?

Jeez. I think Dylan would agree that his voice is perfect for what he does. I would also add that his vocal performances on songs like Girl from the north country, Shelter from the storm and Joey are absolutely beautiful.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    She maybe attended a Swiss boarding school and speaks with a cut-glass accent for all I know and I haven't any prejudice against -cock-neys, just not into that glottal stop over music.
    I know :D I wasn't defending her voice... :p
  • Options
    Wow, I actually agree 100% with that list.
  • Options
    Todd76 wrote:
    my votes would go to:

Chris Cornell
    Robert Plant
    Geddy Lee

(ducks for cover ;))

No need to duck, we know you're lame.

j/k
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    where's meatloaf & bon jovi???
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Just about to post about this myself

Got it right with Corgan and Stapp
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Geddy Lee may be a little nasely, but Rush is the bomb
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    William Hung
    NERDS!
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Yeah cus like, unconventional = bad innit? I mean like, if singers actually use their voice as an instrument as opposed to a way to get on the radio, it fucken sucks, miright?

Jeez. I think Dylan would agree that his voice is perfect for what he does. I would also add that his vocal performances on songs like Girl from the north country, Shelter from the storm and Joey are absolutely beautiful.

I've been to a few gigs where I've realised his studio vocal nastiness was as sweet as cooking apples on a summer table. He can set the bar for fuckawfulness of the throat, when he wants. Anyone can have a bad day, but when he's in suck-mode, he's bad enough to send hardcore Dylaners running out of arenas by the aisleful.
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Pretty much any mainstream male country artist to come along in the past 15 years or more. They all sound more or less the same. Like whiney wannabe country stars singing through their noses.

I'll agree that Dylan, and for that matter Hendrix and Springsteen, don't have what would be technically defined as good singing voices, but I'll be damned if they aren't perfect for their music. It's about the whole package. Shit, Rick Astley has a better voice than Dylan, I don't see people calling him the greatest singer of all time.
  • Options
    PearlsGirlPearlsGirl Posts: 257
    I would like to take Billy Corgan out of that list because he's brilliant, and I would like to replace him with the fuck tard from Panic! at the fucking disco. god they are terrible.
    Don't let the world bring you down, not everyone here is that fucked up and cold. Remember why you came and while you're alive, experience the warmth before you grow old.

Best two days of my life: Oasis at MSG and Pearl Jam at the Gorge.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Geddy Lee may be a little nasely, but Rush is the bomb

As soon as I saw this thread I wanted to see how many times Geddy Lee's name came up. So far ONLY 6 times, i thought it would be twice that.

I saw RUSH last week and Geddy and the boys can STILL bring it even though last year's show was the BEST of the near 40 I've now seen.

I can't think of an annoying voice, cause if they're I ain't listening to them. However Dave Mathews or certainly Bon fucking Jovi.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    The lead singers from Fall Out Boy and Panic At The Disco..

Save the Planet
  • Options
    Is William Hung eligible?

;)
  • Options
    I would have Geddy Lee by a landslide...
    I'm with you all the way on that one. Dave Matthews would run a close second for me
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    Any of you heard of that 'Eddie Vedder' guy?, hes awful.
    S'cuse the shit name!
  • Options
    I've been to a few gigs where I've realised his studio vocal nastiness was as sweet as cooking apples on a summer table. He can set the bar for fuckawfulness of the throat, when he wants. Anyone can have a bad day, but when he's in suck-mode, he's bad enough to send hardcore Dylaners running out of arenas by the aisleful.
    Fins, I am a huge fan of 80s hardcore punk and selected Brutal Death Metal bands :D I doubt there's any live Dylan vocal carnage that would upset me too greatly :p
  • Options
    muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Stupid list. Everyone knows that Scott Stapp was around way before Eddie fucking Vedder.

"Eveeeeenfloooow"? Pathetic.

Annoying singers:
    Neil Young
    Lead singer of Kings of Leon (anyone think he should tone it down? I don't know what "it" is but it seems like he's trying too hard)
    Billy Corgan
    Trent Reznor, sometimes

Doesn't mean I don't like them, they just grate on me sometimes. Apart from stupid Veddie Edder.
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    James Blunt was robbed, he should win this at a canter.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    James Blunt was robbed, he should win this at a canter.
    How exactly does he produce that bizarre, bleating sound that he calls singing?

"goodBAHHHHH my lovah, gourdbahhhh my freng, yoo haf been the wah, yoo haf bee the wah fumee"
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    How exactly does he produce that bizarre, bleating sound that he calls singing?

"goodBAHHHHH my lovah, gourdbahhhh my freng, yoo haf been the wah, yoo haf bee the wah fumee"

I'm buy no means a violent person, but I would make an exeption for twatty Blunt, he has a face and voice that could drive a monk to use a Stanley knife on him.
  • Options
  • Options
    Gold 26Gold 26 Posts: 676
    Kid Rock? How many times can a guy name-check himself in his own songs....
    All my favourite singers have stolen all of my best lines.
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    You really must see this : D : D :D:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x047xhF7rU
    Hahaha! :D That's great.

agh. Blunt. How he angers me...