GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
edited August 2006 in Other Music
Went to the show Friday...they are as good as ever! The Wailers were a real treat as well...check the show out if you can!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i saw them this past december and they were great, i def. want to see them again
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I used to love them back in the day. Haven't seem them live since around 95 or so.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    It's been about 10 years for me too, and they still have it!
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    Jason did you end up checking out the Crowes when they were at Summerfest?
    Yeah, pretty good show...Train in Vain was awesome! The venue change sucked, but I knew the Marcus was too big of a venue for them...all in all a good Crowes show.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    my friend told me they're amazing live- i never expected that. now i gotta see them.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • great live show. the last album isnt that bad either.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • NitroNitro Posts: 265
    Love 311. Seeing them Saturday with G Love, The Wailers, State Radio and Pepper at the Download Festival.

Their drum solo they do during Nutsymptom is insane. I think you could probably find it on youtube. it's pretty sick.
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    I liked a lot of their stuff through the Transistors album. I couldn't get into their music much after that. I really liked the Grassroots and self-titled album. Down is a classic imo.
  • jaygreen12jaygreen12 Posts: 166
    I'm more of a fan of the old stuff as well. Their new album is pretty weak compared with stuff on transistor and grassroots and some other albums they have done earlier. I really want to see them live.
    6/03/06-East Rutherford II

The One and Only
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    a buddy of mine LOVES them. He is going to the show on the 25th. Bastard didnt get me tix, even though I cant go cause I gotta work :D

all4
  • NitroNitro Posts: 265
    jaygreen12 wrote:
    I'm more of a fan of the old stuff as well. Their new album is pretty weak compared with stuff on transistor and grassroots and some other albums they have done earlier. I really want to see them live.

I personally really enjoy the new album, but can understand where you're coming from. If you did like their older stuff, their last album, Evolver, might be one you'd enjoy. I'd say check it out
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    They're in Philly tonite.. think I might head down and see if I can check them out for the first time in a long while
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Nitro wrote:
    I personally really enjoy the new album, but can understand where you're coming from. If you did like their older stuff, their last album, Evolver, might be one you'd enjoy. I'd say check it out

their last album is Dont Tread On Me.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • I've seen 311 probably about 6 or 7 times. The last time being about 10 months ago after DTOM dropped. Still a great live band. They do need to change the drum solo on Applied Science. Way too predictable. Kinda like the drum solo on Even Flow.
    NERDS!
  • Sonic19Sonic19 Posts: 159
    Awesome band, 311 day from this past year will probably be one of my favorite concerts that i'll ever go to.
    Stay positive and love your life
    Hooray Florida shows
    Sonic19 wrote:
    Awesome band, 311 day from this past year will probably be one of my favorite concerts that i'll ever go to.

I bet...5 hour show!