Options

AIC Chicago

GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
edited May 2006 in Other Music
Did anyone else go to the show last night? It was pretty disappointing! Jerry was having guitar problems all night, and that helped cut the set quite short...entire set was 1 hr 15 mins...no guests either!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    I bought my tickets through the pre sale. Being with the first group let into the Metro I was able to stand in front of Jerry Cantrell. J.C. was pissed all night. He started throwing guitars early on. His ear monitors never seemed to work. Towards the end of the show he had had enough and proceeded to rip the suckers right out of his ears and threw them at his guitar tech. Than he ripped the transponder from his belt and slammed it to the floor, all the while still playing guitar and singing. The sound mix sucked bad up front I couldn’t hear the vocals at all, never a problem hearing J.C though. It was fucking awesome standing right in front of him all night - with a very cool crowd behind me. So than at the end (maybe the last song) J.C. comes to a boiling point, turns around, aims towards his double Marshall stack and spears the upper right one with his axe! The amp goes crashing backwards taking Jerry’s guitar with it, this sending Jerry’s guitar tech ducking for cover. A short set, but a great high energy warm up show, lots of group hugs for Jerry in the end.

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    ~

Oh ya, I snagged Jerry’s FUCKING Set List.

CHICAGO SUN. 5/21

Sludge Factory
    Dam That River
    Rain When I Die
    We Die Young
    Love, Hate, Love
    Again
    Junkhead
    Down In A Hole
    Rooster
    It Ain’t Like That
    Them Bones
    Would?
    Man In The Box

~

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    I still don't know why they didn't play the HOB or any other venue instead of The Metro. The place isn't exactly the greatest place to play a show.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05