turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream

who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
edited January 2008 in Other Music
I just received the coolest gift from the gals who live next door to me. A couple of them are musicians, and into the offbeat. I thought I was into the offbeat but I never heard this series!
It's a compilation of Psychedelic / Garage band music from the 60's and 70's but from Turkey, Africa, Brazil,, Peru, Etc. It's amazing stuff! The African one is my favorite so far.
They got the whole series for me and I am absolutely loving it!

A good way to broaden your musical horizons and open your minds! :cool:

http://www.turnmeondeadman.net/ADM/GPCSeries/LovePeaceandPoetry.html

There's even a little streaming on that site.
Be kind, man
Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

Comments

• Ah, you can always count on at least this acid-frazzled buddy to enjoy threads and links like this one. :D
  • You know about technicolor web of sound, I'm guessing?

http://www.techwebsound.com
  • Ah, you can always count on at least this acid-frazzled buddy to enjoy threads and links like this one. :D

I knew you'd be here! Popular thread, eh? :D

I have all these new REALLY cool neighbors who are about 25ish who are musicians and have a variety of bands going. Last night were were sitting around and they were putting on vinyls of Cambodian Psychedelic stuff, Peruvian surf music and all these obscure amazing weird albums. The guys and girls are all so into that stuff.
    Well one dude Chris came in with a vinyl that he had just bought. They had never heard it and everyone was amazed how great it was! The double live
    Allman Brothers Live at the Fillmore was. Haha,,, I was like,,,You never heard that one but you have Peruvian surf music? :D

I told the that that Allman Brothers album probably collectively shook more seeds out of the crease in the cover than any other album cover ever!
    Be kind, man

:D
    THIS made me smile.

can't say i've hear or heard of what you mention in the first post...but sounds quite cool! i LOVE when people have such a passion for music, well really....just about anything, b/c it's so infectious....and when they SHARE it with you, amazing! it's brilliant being turned on to anything new!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• :D
    THIS made me smile.

can't say i've hear or heard of what you mention in the first post...but sounds quite cool! i LOVE when people have such a passion for music, well really....just about anything, b/c it's so infectious....and when they SHARE it with you, amazing! it's brilliant being turned on to anything new!

Haha,,, my grammar made me smile. I swear there were no seeds passing through that last night! :D

I think I meant to say:
    I told them that the Allman Brothers album probably collectively shook more seeds out of the crease in the cover than any other album cover ever!

Cheers Dreamin! :D

Yup, it's great to be hearing some new music in the neighborhood other than the latest trunk rattlin' mirror shakin, my front window rattlin' rap blasting out front. We can battle that with my band's sound system in my living room now!
    Be kind, man