Uhhh...LOLLAPALOOZA 2008 LINE-UP??? HOLY SHIT!!!

DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
edited April 2008 in Other Music
http://blogs.suntimes.com/derogatis/2008/0...ers_confir.html

Lollapalooza 2008 headliners confirmed

Lollapalooza’s Austin, Texas-based promoters C3 Presents are not scheduled to make their official announcement of the acts performing at this year’s weekend-long music festival in Grant Park until Monday, but the Sun-Times has confirmed through industry sources all of the major artists.

Art-rock giants Radiohead and Nine Inch Nails, the reunited Rage Against the Machine, Jack White’s side project the Raconteurs and hometown heroes Wilco and Kanye West will headline the main stages on Aug. 1-3.

The Raconteurs, Wilco and West will each be making their second appearance at the reinvented destination festival. Other repeaters among the more than 100 acts on this year’s bill are Gnarls Barkley, the Black Keys, Broken Social Scene, G. Love & Special Sauce, Blues Traveler and Mates of State.

Quite a few of the other acts — including many of the most promising — have earlier performed at Chicago’s two independently produced music festivals, Pitchfork and Intonation. These include Bloc Party, Cat Power, Stephen Malkmus, Girl Talk, Kid Sister, Office, the Cool Kids, Battles, the Go! Team, Jamie Lidell and Grizzly Bear.
Advance three-day passes are now on sale for a limited time for $190 (after which the price increases to $205) at http://www.lollapalooza.com.

For the full list of Lollapalooza acts, stay tuned to this blog!

See you fuckers there!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I hope this is true. I think the majority is more than likely accurate...however, I just can't see RATM being there. Never the less, my ticket is purchased and my hotel is reserved.

You'll be hard pressed to find a better time than Lollapalooza.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I hope its true too -I have my ticket as well. I bought it on the NIN rumor though there's plenty of other bands I want to see. I guess the official Lolla announcement is April 7th and time is dragging! I'm just waiting for that before I make my travel plans.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    you know what really really really really sucks-atleast for me? The word is the Radiohead is playing Saturday night, which is fine but they are playing Cleveland that following Monday. although they are probably my 2nd favorite band, I have never seen them live. So I have to decide if my first Radiohead show will be a festival show (Lolla) or a real show in my hometown.. But why the fuck are they not playing Sunday in the first place?
  • thunderDAN wrote:
    you know what really really really really sucks-atleast for me? The word is the Radiohead is playing Saturday night, which is fine but they are playing Cleveland that following Monday. although they are probably my 2nd favorite band, I have never seen them live. So I have to decide if my first Radiohead show will be a festival show (Lolla) or a real show in my hometown.. But why the fuck are they not playing Sunday in the first place?
    I have a hard time believing this rumor as well. But the reason for the rumor is because of NIN's schedule:

They are in Winnipeg on July 31st then are in Minneapolis on August 2nd. It's not feasible for them to go from Winnipeg to Chicago to play at Lolla on August 1st, then go back to Minneapolis to play the 2nd. Therefore that only leaves August 3rd, the final night of Lolla, for NIN.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
    I have a hard time believing this rumor as well. But the reason for the rumor is because of NIN's schedule:

They are in Winnipeg on July 31st then are in Minneapolis on August 2nd. It's not feasible for them to go from Winnipeg to Chicago to play at Lolla on August 1st, then go back to Minneapolis to play the 2nd. Therefore that only leaves August 3rd, the final night of Lolla, for NIN.

and that Radiohead is supposedly booked in Nobelsville Indiana Sunday the 3rd
  • Looks like an amazing lineup!

If Radiohead plays Saturday, hopefully they are still treated like headliners. Last year, the Fri-Sat headliners were split (2 per night), only got to play 1:30 hrs, and didn't get to play an encore. All of those things would be disappointing for my first Radiohead show.

That is a lot of huge name headliners to cram into 3 days. I hope I don't have to chose against seeing Radiohead and RATM, or Wilco and the Raconteurs.

I just noticed that there are 6 headliners meaning they are possibly changing the format?

Damn though, that lineup is unbelievable.:)
    Obama/Biden '08!!!
  • :mad: my wedding is right smack in the middle of that.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    if Rage plays this I'm gonna try my ass of to make the trek again
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
    Looks like an amazing lineup!

If Radiohead plays Saturday, hopefully they are still treated like headliners. Last year, the Fri-Sat headliners were split (2 per night), only got to play 1:30 hrs, and didn't get to play an encore. All of those things would be disappointing for my first Radiohead show.

honestly, out of NIN, Rage, Kayne, and Radiohead.....I still have to think that Radiohead is the biggest name.

If they even try to pull putting Radiohead and NIN or anyone else against them I will not go for that very reason. I personally think that all 4 of these should get their own stage to themselves without anyone else playing at that time
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Yeah, this is a large number of headliners.

I wonder what the set-up will be.

Rage, NIN, and Radiohead are all capable of playing unopposed shows.
    Yeah, this is a large number of headliners.

I wonder what the set-up will be.

Rage, NIN, and Radiohead are all capable of playing unopposed shows.

NIN are good, but I really hope they arn't the headliners like it's looking to be. They are so doom and gloom and it's hard to build up a 3 day festival to see a band that will make you want to kill yourself at the end of the weekend. I like NIN, I really do, but they just arn't a good headliner for a festival IMO.

There is excitement for Rage b/c they have not played many dates the last 5-6 years. Radiohead is the obvious headliner in my opinion, but if there has to be a 2nd choice it has to be Rage or even Kayne. The headliner should be a band most everyone knows and can enjoy...I can't say that about NIN.
    thunderDAN wrote:
    NIN are good, but I really hope they arn't the headliners like it's looking to be. They are so doom and gloom and it's hard to build up a 3 day festival to see a band that will make you want to kill yourself at the end of the weekend. I like NIN, I really do, but they just arn't a good headliner for a festival IMO.

There is excitement for Rage b/c they have not played many dates the last 5-6 years. Radiohead is the obvious headliner in my opinion, but if there has to be a 2nd choice it has to be Rage or even Kayne. The headliner should be a band most everyone knows and can enjoy...I can't say that about NIN.

NIN are pretty amazing live though...and it's not all gloom and doom.

But I reckon here is what it will be...

Friday: NIN v. Kanye
    Saturday: Rage v. Wilco (WHICH WOULD BLOW)
    Sunday: Radiohead unopposed
  • thunderDAN wrote:

You haven't seen NIN live, have ya..

hehehehe
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    They are in Winnipeg on July 31st then are in Minneapolis on August 2nd. It's not feasible for them to go from Winnipeg to Chicago to play at Lolla on August 1st, then go back to Minneapolis to play the 2nd.

Why not? It's certainly feasible, just not very logistical.
    Saturnal wrote:
    You haven't seen NIN live, have ya..

hehehehe

Exactly. Watch Trent break out 10 tracks from Ghosts or something heh.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Did anyone here travel from the UK to Lollapalooza last year? I'm seriously considering it this year, just wondering what kind of money it's going to cost? That line up looks awesome!
  • JaneNY wrote:
    Exactly. Watch Trent break out 10 tracks from Ghosts or something heh.

i doubt that woud happen

if anything he will use maybe 2 or 3 as musical interludes that lead into another song.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • thunderDAN wrote:

The headliner should be a band most everyone knows and can enjoy...I can't say that about NIN.

You should see them live.

1. They AREN'T doom and gloom (how many songs have you heard besides "Hurt" exactly?)

2. They absolutely pummel any and every other band on the planet. Total energy for the entire set. It makes you want to go destroy everything around you (in a good way) and then leaves you in total awe with your jaw on the ground after it's over.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834

1. They AREN'T doom and gloom (how many songs have you heard besides "Hurt" exactly?)

2. They absolutely pummel any and every other band on the planet. Total energy for the entire set. It makes you want to go destroy everything around you (in a good way) and then leaves you in total awe with your jaw on the ground after it's over.

I concur. Whilst PJ will always be my favourite live band - for an all out mind-blowing concert experience it does not get any better than NIN.
    I saw NIN in a theatre during the With Teeth tour. Holy shit, that was the most intense pit I have ever been in.

It was so much fun though.
  • thunderDAN wrote:

believe you me. after seeing a NIN show, you don't want to kill yourself. They're amazing live. you are so fucking pumped its sick. you may want to break something, but definitely not kill yourself.

I have the Fragile, Downward Spiral, Live Album, Pretty Hate Machine,With Teeth, Sunspots, and Deep download from Tom Radier. It's not like I don't know them. I have listened to them a ton. Maybe it's because I'm a much bigger Radiohead fan and/or because I've never seen NIN live I said that.
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    dont think thats legit... jack johnson has supposedly been booked for lolla for awhile now... i think they wouldve mentioned him...

$10 says perry intentionally leaks this "info" to hype the fest a lil more before the official announcement... or its just based on speculation because of small breaks in bands' tour schedules

i would love for it to be true tho! just not sure how they would deal with it... unless the format is completely different... i love all the bands so i would be PISSED to have to choose between 2 on friday and saturday... and they all deserve the full set of a headliner...

just have to wait til monday to see i guess
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • AvocadoLadyAvocadoLady Posts: 680
    sgossard3 wrote:
    dont think thats legit... jack johnson has supposedly been booked for lolla for awhile now... i think they wouldve mentioned him...

Absolutely not true. Jack Johnson is not booked for Lolla.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
    i doubt that woud happen

if anything he will use maybe 2 or 3 as musical interludes that lead into another song.

Oh I know - I was just being silly. But really we have no idea what he's going to do - its going to be a new band too what with Jeordie back with Manson and Aaron North off with his own band.
    thunderDAN wrote:
    I have the Fragile, Downward Spiral, Live Album, Pretty Hate Machine,With Teeth, Sunspots, and Deep download from Tom Radier. It's not like I don't know them. I have listened to them a ton. Maybe it's because I'm a much bigger Radiohead fan and/or because I've never seen NIN live I said that.

Oh you MUST see them. NIN is one of THE best shows live. You don't get depressed, you get completely destroyed, in a good way.

Edit: ROBIN FINCK IS BACK!!!!!!! Just check out nin.com
    So Perry basically confirms the line-up here:

http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/1584901/20080404/story.jhtml

So stacked, and so awesome.