Attention Mars Volta fans...

DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
edited January 2008 in Other Music
Lets just say...it's out there.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Are you trying to say that their new album is on Bittorrent?
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • Converting to AAC.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • I will listen to what sounds like a cracked out five year old singing ASAP tomorrow morning.
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    :D

Thanks.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I've waited this long i can wait another two weeks.

I read a review in paste magazine that tore the new album apart though :(
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • GetALifeGetALife Posts: 563
    intodeep wrote:
    I've waited this long i can wait another two weeks.

I read a review in paste magazine that tore the new album apart though :(

fuck the critics! they can't rock, just write ;)
    2000: Hamburg
    2006: Berlin
    2007: Munich * Düsseldorf
    2009: Berlin * Manchester * London
    2010: Dublin * Belfast * Berlin
    2012: Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen
    EV 2012: Amsterdam I & II
    2014: Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin
    EV 2017: Berlin
    2018: Amsterdam I & II * Prague * Krakow * Berlin
    2022: Berlin- Vienna - Prague - Amsterdam I - Amsterdam II #
    2024: Berlin I & II

~~~

“It is curious that while good people go to great lengths to spare their children from suffering, few of them seem to notice that the one (and only) guaranteed way to prevent all the suffering of their children is not to bring those children into existence in the first place.”
    ― David Benatar - Better Never to Have Been: The Harm of Coming into Existence

• The new album SUCKS!
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Wicked album
  • The new album SUCKS!

I like it.

It's very...well almost...poppy. It's a lot brighter than the rest of their albums in terms of mood, style, and production.

Metatron, Agadez, and Ouroborous are the best, IMO.

But man, Thomas Pridgen is a fucking beast.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I like it.

It's very...well almost...poppy. It's a lot brighter than the rest of their albums in terms of mood, style, and production.

Metatron, Agadez, and Ouroborous are the best, IMO.

But man, Thomas Pridgen is a fucking beast.

THe review i read said in parts it had almost a funky feel that just did not gel well. tHe reviewer said that undeniably some songs had parts that they bring it but many of the songs were not solid all the way through.

Does it sound a little funky to you?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep wrote:
    THe review i read said in parts it had almost a funky feel that just did not gel well. tHe reviewer said that undeniably some songs had parts that they bring it but many of the songs were not solid all the way through.

Does it sound a little funky to you?

No so much funky...maybe a couple of tracks.

I feel like this is Cedric's album to shine. His vocals are probably one of the best aspects of the album other then the drumming.
  • I don't like his weird pitched voice... he acquired that during Amputechture and kind of stuck with it... I just don't like it, maybe I'll appreciate it more when I see them live... but, it just annoys me. Really sounds like a five year old on crack singing... other than that, the new drummer is fantastic!

The album flowed nicely, had nice lead ins and outs, but the songs did sound alike at times... but, it was a decent album, definitely better than Amputechture... I did like Ilyena a lot, and also liked Goliath/Soothsayer.
  • RockKingRockKing Posts: 431
    I fucking HATE what they did with the vocals on this album. The music and instrumentation is as stellar as ever, but I think the songs themselves are lacking a bit, and a big part of that is the crap distortion they did to the vocals. Absolutely horrible.
    --"I'm like an opening band for the sun"

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    RockKing wrote:
    I fucking HATE what they did with the vocals on this album. The music and instrumentation is as stellar as ever, but I think the songs themselves are lacking a bit, and a big part of that is the crap distortion they did to the vocals. Absolutely horrible.

I agree somewhat. Maybe I'll get use to it, but there's times when he sings really high and it kind of annoys me. Either way I love the music and can't wait to see them live. I think Cedric it much better live. His voice is all over the place - should be an amazing show.
  • After a few more listens. Cavalettas is by far the best fucking thing on the album, and also one of the best things the Volta have ever done. The song is a fucking scorcher.