Options

Fugazi - The Argument

DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
edited April 2006 in Other Music
This is one of my favorite albums of all time, and IMO, Fugazi's best. Now don't get me wrong...I love classic Fugazi(Repeater, 13 songs, etc) but man this album is something else. I popped it in the other day having not listened to it in a while and I am so glad I did. I hope Fugazi put out another album soon.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I agree 100%. I did the same thing about a month ago after not listening to it for a few months. I can't belive they can still put out such amazing music after all this time, and really, reinvent their sound like they did. Here's hoping the hiatus comes to an end soon.
  • Options
    Matt LukinMatt Lukin Posts: 647
    This is one of my favorite albums of all time, and IMO, Fugazi's best. Now don't get me wrong...I love classic Fugazi(Repeater, 13 songs, etc) but man this album is something else. I popped it in the other day having not listened to it in a while and I am so glad I did. I hope Fugazi put out another album soon.

I did the same thing last week. Hadn't heard it in awhile, listened to it, and was completely blown away. Just loads of great melodies and guitar work, plus I don't think Joe Lally and Brendan Canty have ever been better.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a new Fugazi record, though. They've been on "hiatus" for the last few years, and I haven't heard anything about them getting back together.
    The car's on fire and there's no driver at the wheel
    And the sewers are all muddied with a thousand lonely suicides
  • Options
    I know they are on Hiatus...but I'm sure they eventually do something. I'm really interested in seeing where they will go. The Argument has some of the most killer breakdowns I have ever heard..."Oh" and "Nightshop" for example. But really the entire album is freakin' amazing.
  • Options
    topper harley
  • Options
    Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    I saw them last on tour supporting this album. They were great and the album was too.
  • Options
    Definitely great. Much better album than End Hits I thought. In On The Kill Taker is my all time favorite by them though.
  • Options
    lumpyfredlumpyfred Posts: 243
    I just found love for The Argument too. At first, Full Disclosure was the one that jumped out at me, but after a few more listens there isnt a single track I could do without. Nightshop, Oh, Cashout kick serious ass too, but I love the entire album.
    Her?