iTunes eff's up and releases new Raconteurs album early...

DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
edited March 2008 in Other Music
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/03/21/the-raconteurs-new-album-hits-itunes-early/

Apparently, it's been taken down again, but I'm sure a small percentage of peopel still got it...meaning it could be leaked soon.

You can still hear the 30 samples of each song...sounds pretty good.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    Sounds like a lame publicity stunt to me
  • mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    It's already on waffles
  • HOLY SSSSSSHHHHIIIITTTT its on torrents... in a bad format thogh...
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    HOLY SSSSSSHHHHIIIITTTT its on torrents... in a bad format thogh...

Whats the quality like? And what format? I might crank up the old uTorrent if the quality is decent
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    I've seen it as a 320 mb torrent, in .mp4 (iTunes) format.

I read on the Lollapalooza board that someone had a 192 mp3 version, but can't find it.

But I just called my local record store and THEY HAVE IT! So, i'mma go buy it this afternoon.
  • edved82 wrote:
    Whats the quality like? And what format? I might crank up the old uTorrent if the quality is decent

The torrents says lossless apple format... each file is about 25 mb so its huge... my problem is coming... because I really want to convert to mp3

Can anyone recommend a converter? Also, the format SAYS .mp4... but I think it may actaully be m4a
  • I listen to "Five On The Five" it was mediocre... I can't wait till the rest the the album finishes!!!!!!1
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    The torrents says lossless apple format... each file is about 25 mb so its huge... my problem is coming... because I really want to convert to mp3

Can anyone recommend a converter? Also, the format SAYS .mp4... but I think it may actaully be m4a

there's lots of free converters, just have a look on google. i think i'll just wait a few days and buy it!
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
    Just bought it from my local record store. I wanted it on vinyl, but they said they didn't have it...:(

I don't believe it though. They had the new White Stripes album on vinyl the day it came out. I may check back on Tuesday.

About to give it a spin. I'll post my thoughts in a few.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    its on torrents everywhere it seems, im gettting it now
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/03/21/the-raconteurs-new-album-hits-itunes-early/

Apparently, it's been taken down again, but I'm sure a small percentage of peopel still got it...meaning it could be leaked soon.

You can still hear the 30 samples of each song...sounds pretty good.
    I'm sure there's a handfull of happy fan's today..Now if ticketmaster could slip and release the ticket's early,that would be sweet:)
    Now we got a fuckin fight up here,what there's a republican in the audience,what's going on? Eddie(Randell's Island N.Y 96)
    Pretty good album. Alot better than their first...it's a much more "live" sound. Best tracks: Salute Your Solution, Hold Up, You Don't Understand Me, Old Enough, Five On The Five