New Wilco Songs?

hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
edited August 2006 in Other Music
Just wondering if anyone has all of the new Wilco/Tweedy songs (live) and wouldn't mind doing some yousendits or trading/B+P.
Thanks.
Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i didn't know there were new songs. hmmmm.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    I thought I had them somewhere on my comp...apparently I deleted them.

I'll look around and see if I can dig em up.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
    dig, stone, dig!! :)
  • hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
    Thanks StoneG82, I knew I'd at least hear from you on this thread, I'd appreciate any help if you find them.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
    I posted a request on the wilco board. i had these songs for so long and deleted them for some reason while I was cleaning up my hard drive.

I'll have them in a day or two if you guys (and girls) can wait.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
    StoneG82 wrote:
    I posted a request on the wilco board. i had these songs for so long and deleted them for some reason while I was cleaning up my hard drive.

I'll have them in a day or two if you guys (and girls) can wait.

yeah we can wait. there's really not a lack of tunes going on :)
    I found them. I'll have them up shortly.
    Awesome! Thanks so much! I don't follow Wilco religiously for a few months and now am so completely behind. Thanks for the work.
    nevermind
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I don't know if walken is on there but i've seen them do that one a couple times live and it is pretty rocking :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    are those from the lollapalooza performance? i really liked the new stuff they played there.
    are those from the lollapalooza performance? i really liked the new stuff they played there.

I'm not really sure...it's just a bunch of random recordings from various shows.
    hailhail82 wrote:
    Awesome! Thanks so much! I don't follow Wilco religiously for a few months and now am so completely behind. Thanks for the work.

I haven't really been following Wilco that much lately either. They seem to be on a never ending tour. I say get in the studio and record with this line up before Tweedy kicks someone out.

In other Wilco related news, there's a Jeff Tweedy DVD documenting his solo tour(s) being made right now. (I guess that makes up for the live DVD they promised.)

Walken is in that folder of new songs. There's about 8 tracks and are the only new ones they've played I believe. Don't quote me on that.

"Is That the Thanks I Get" is a great song and is probably my favorite of the new ones. They seem to be going back to their Being There/AM sound which is fine with me.
    StoneG82 wrote:
    I haven't really been following Wilco that much lately either. They seem to be on a never ending tour. I say get in the studio and record with this line up before Tweedy kicks someone out.

In other Wilco related news, there's a Jeff Tweedy DVD documenting his solo tour(s) being made right now. (I guess that makes up for the live DVD they promised.)

Walken is in that folder of new songs. There's about 8 tracks and are the only new ones they've played I believe. Don't quote me on that.

"Is That the Thanks I Get" is a great song and is probably my favorite of the new ones. They seem to be going back to their Being There/AM sound which is fine with me.

I've heard Walken, On and On and On, and Is That The Thanks I Get. I'm excited to listen to the others. I hear what you're saying about going back to their old sound, but I just hope the songwriting is there (the new ones haven't blown me away yet).
    I'm REALLY excited for the solo DVD though, thanks for that. I was really disapointed when Kicking Television only ended up a CD.
    Thanks again for the songs. I'll give them a listen today.
  • SUITESSUITES Posts: 8
    best of the new tunes in my humble opinion is....Impossible Germany

It really rocks
    StoneG82 wrote:
    I found them. I'll have them up shortly.

thank you stoneg ... :)
    kdpjam wrote:
    thank you stoneg ... :)

no problem. I just found out Wilco is coming here in october. i'm pretty psyched for that.
    StoneG82 wrote:
    no problem. I just found out Wilco is coming here in october. i'm pretty psyched for that.

are they coming to the 'nati by chance???? i saw them open for r.e.m. awhile back.
    kdpjam wrote:
    are they coming to the 'nati by chance???? i saw them open for r.e.m. awhile back.

actually yeah. they are playing some festival there on october 7th

http://wilcoworld.net/tours/index.php
    they will be at the tall stacks festival in cincy in october ;)
    kdpjam wrote:
    they will be at the tall stacks festival in cincy in october ;)

if you get the chance, I would definitely go see them. this is the best line up the band has ever had, and their live show is just unreal.
    i will. they are excellent live ;) but my first priority is to see the lemonheads right now
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Dude, you're awesome, thanks. I dug them but am hoping they also include some more up tempo songs for their next album.
    ok if anyone wants these songs from here on out send me a PM and I'll hook you up.

edit: if you quoted the link do me a favor and edit it out. it's been brought to my attention that these kinda things are frowned upon on the message board.