TOOL in Chicago

ucsbucsb Posts: 58
edited September 2006 in Other Music
Just saw Tool in Chicago at the Allstate Arena on Monday. What an excellent show, they played like 9 or 10 songs for almost 2 hours. I thought it's so cool that they even played one of their "filler" songs like Lost Keys. These guys are a step above the rest. Too amazing!!!

We had floor seats so we waiting in line for 5 hours.....we were 25th or so in line....and rushed straight to the stage.....FRONT ROW!!! slightly to "stage right" of center (between maynard and adam jones). It was grrrrrrrrreat!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ucsb wrote:
    Just saw Tool in Chicago at the Allstate Arena on Monday. What an excellent show, they played like 9 or 10 songs for almost 2 hours. I thought it's so cool that they even played one of their "filler" songs like Lost Keys. These guys are a step above the rest. Too amazing!!!

We had floor seats so we waiting in line for 5 hours.....we were 25th or so in line....and rushed straight to the stage.....FRONT ROW!!! slightly to "stage right" of center (between maynard and adam jones). It was grrrrrrrrreat!

sounds great. i still have yet to see tool live, even though their are in my top 10 bands. shame on me, i know.
  • lost keys is not a filler, its the intro to Rosetta Stoned. Listen to the ending of Lost keys. I hope they add H. and Parabola the next time they come to Los Angeles.
  • i'm going tommorrow!! CANT FUCKIN WAIT!!!!!!
    5/09/06, 5/10/06 - FUCKIN AMAZING!!!!
  • LyreLyre Posts: 14
    i am going tonight yippy
    just because you like pearl jam doesn't mean you're not a douche - PineappleAna
  • going in 2 weeks

long time time fan first time concert
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • I have to say I saw tool a few years back on a theatre tour and was not blown away.

The sound was perfect, almost too perfectI know tool is a pretty principled band, but if I didn't know better I would say that they were lypsyncing.

It had no "edge" live and I felt that was a dissapointment.

Don't get me wrong I love this band and the full arena show is supposed to be amazing.