Dave Abbruzzesse: Green Romance Orchestra

ucsbucsb Posts: 58
edited March 2007 in Other Music
Have you guys heard these guys?? SOO GOOD!!!

If you look at their influences it lists "pearl jam"

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=94508351

listen to the song "second sight"

crazy. Basically Dave was in a band in texas called Dr. Tongue. These guys kind of played Early chilli pepper type stuff..very funky and not mainstreem at all. While jamming with his band all of a sudden he gets a call from a buddy that pearl jam is looking for a drummer (he has never heard of the band). He auditions....the band likes his style and him and stone become pretty good friends....ed hates him....cuz dave is not punk rock enough of some shit...i dunno whatever.

SO he gets fired and then start jamming with his buddies from Dr. Tongue but they are now called Green Romance Orchestra...I think it's so lame that people say that "oh he wanted to be famous." He could have drummed for any big music celebrity after being fired from pearl jam...he coulda joined like tom petty's band...or bon jovi or some shit....but he didnt...he goes back plays with his old school buddies.....and the music Is NOT mainstream....it actually kinda does have a pearl jam vibe...listen to "second sight," sounds like a Stone song.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I dunno. I only listened to Second Sight, but I hear more of a Faith No More sound than a Stone sound...
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
    Did you just lump Tom Petty and Bon Jovi together?
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    hailhail82 wrote:
    Did you just lump Tom Petty and Bon Jovi together?
    Were either of them even looking for a drummer around that time?
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I never heard that Dave was fired because he wanted to be famous. I know Jeff always wanted to be famous or at least make a living from music....and good on him, he has accomplished that.

I thought it was just that Ed and Dave didn't get along. Something to do with Dave being a gun fanatic or something (Glorified G).
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    Eddie resented the fact that Dave enjoyed being a rockstar. That's one thing I always hated about Pearl Jam back in the day, the whole were not rockstars bullshit. Like Noel Gallagher once said about Eddie, "Hey mate, if your job sucks so bad why don't you go work in a carwash or something".
  • hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
    That's a very over-simplified version perpetuated by the media. It's obvious there is more than one way to handle the immense fame that came Pearl Jam's way. While the band seemed to be choosing one direction, Dave's was different. It didn't work out. Deal with it. Most of us did in '95.
    Musically his style wouldn't have fit the songs and production style that followed anyway.
    I wouldn't take anything Noel Gallagher says too seriously.

I believe the Heartbreakers were drummer-less around '94-'95. Dave Grohl played with them a bit. Never heard anything about Dave A. though.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • MohabMohab Posts: 310
    a point is that he could have become a studio cheeseball in any of mnay mainstream rock acts, but he showed some integrity w gro,
    he gives out free tunes on his site.

http://www.freeassociationrecords.com/DApages/DAmusic.html
  • ucsbucsb Posts: 58
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Were either of them even looking for a drummer around that time?

yes

tom petty actually asked dave ghrol first...but he said no cuz he wanted to continue on with the foo fighters.
  • ucsbucsb Posts: 58
    Mohab wrote:
    a point is that he could have become a studio cheeseball in any of mnay mainstream rock acts, but he showed some integrity w gro,
    he gives out free tunes on his site.

http://www.freeassociationrecords.com/DApages/DAmusic.html

EXACTLY...thanks MOHAB!