Options

Guns n' Roses

JSP552003JSP552003 Posts: 222
edited March 2006 in Other Music
"Last week, three songs said to be from the Chinese Democracy sessions leaked online: "There Was a Time," "The Blues" and "I.R.S.," the latter being the same cut that...etc..."

I got that from vh1.com and im just wonderin if they're talkin about the live version of "the blues" or if a studio version leaked...does anyone know? I've heard the other songs and i'd love to hear a studio version of "the blues" so if anyone knows or has a link i'd really appreciate it...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I'm like 99.999999% sure a demo of The Blues was not leaked....yet anyways. They probably mean Better.
  • Options
    yeah i thought so too but they said that and then they said...

"A rough, minute-and-20-second excerpt of a fourth track called "Better" has also emerged."
  • Options
    JSP552003 wrote:
    yeah i thought so too but they said that and then they said...

"A rough, minute-and-20-second excerpt of a fourth track called "Better" has also emerged."

That has to be an older article. At first only a short 1:30 clip was released. Then a 2 minute clip was leaked, and then the full version.
  • Options
    yeah i have the full version of better but i mean obviously they didnt make the mistake cuz they listed TWAT, the blues, and IRS and then said the 4th was better....but im sure if there was a studio version someone would have already posted it....im just curious tho...
  • Options
    JSP552003 wrote:
    yeah i have the full version of better but i mean obviously they didnt make the mistake cuz they listed TWAT, the blues, and IRS and then said the 4th was better....but im sure if there was a studio version someone would have already posted it....im just curious tho...

I just checked this Velvet Revolver forum and no one has said anything about it. When the others were leaked there were posts about it right away.

Plus, i'm sure that Axl guy on here would of posted something already.
  • Options
    I just checked this Velvet Revolver forum and no one has said anything about it. When the others were leaked there were posts about it right away.

Plus, i'm sure that Axl guy on here would of posted something already.

I think you mean AXLULRICH, he's always on the know.

here's the links from the other thread in case anybodys looking for what has leaked.

Full versions of IRS, TWAT, and Better:

http://www.awhitekid.com/cd.htm

live versions of Madagascar, and the Blues:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/audio.htm
    Barrie '98
    Saratoga Springs, Toronto '00
    Toronto, Montreal '03
    Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto '05
    Toronto I & II, Albany, Hartford, Gorge I '06
    Camden I & II, Washington DC '08
    Toronto, Chicago I '09
    Columbus, Indianapolis, Buffalo '10
    Alpine Valley I & II, Toronto I & II, Hamilton '11
    London, Buffalo '13
    Detroit '14
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I & II '16
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Ok, so I've heard 4 out of the 5.

IRS and Madagascar are really good at first listen...the others haven't really hit me yet...I'll keep listening though.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Catcher in the Rye here..
    sounds epic and very Queen like
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OOW8JR2V
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    corduroy10corduroy10 Posts: 199
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Catcher in the Rye here..
    sounds epic and very Queen like
    http://s28.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2HD608KXDA2RA0X8XGVAMA5I6U
    Hey AxlUlrich, anyway you can repost Catcher in the rye? The link didn't work. Maybe try megaupload.com. I find that it tends to allow a file to be downloaded more times by more people before the link gets killed than yousendit.com.
    Barrie '98
    Toronto, Montreal '03
    Toronto, Chicago I '09
    London, Buffalo '13
    Detroit '14
  • Options
    heres the new link then
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OOW8JR2V
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Axl, you're like my heroin dealer....if I was into that sort of thing.

Thumbs up.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    corduroy10corduroy10 Posts: 199
    AxlUlrich wrote:

Thanks a lot!
    Barrie '98
    Toronto, Montreal '03
    Toronto, Chicago I '09
    London, Buffalo '13
    Detroit '14
  • Options
    haha no problem guys

YNWA
  • Options
    PaulJamPaulJam Posts: 163
    This year's Download festival is pretty explosive...

Guns N Roses
    Metallica
    TOOL
    The Prodigy...
  • Options
    NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    So far it sounds like it'll be a good album, I'm really digging IRS. AXL can still hit those notes (end of IRS).
    Maybe this is still a joke to ask.. but what is the release date of this album?

Thanks for posting the links!

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• Options
    just heard CITR....sounds good....the new album looks really promising...so far i've heard:

Better
    Madagascar
    The Blues
    Catcher in the Rye
    IRS
    There Was A Time
    Chinese Democracy

If i'm missin any songs then i'd appreciate it if someone could please post a link....thanks
  • Options
    there's still Silkworms and Rhiad and the Bedouins which they performed in 2001.
    not very impressive tracks though and both most likely scrapped.

YNWA
  • Options
    cool do you know where i can find these?
  • Options
    JSP552003 wrote:
    cool do you know where i can find these?
    gimme awhile and i'll upload them.

YNWA
  • Options
    awesome...thanks man
  • Options
    JSP552003 wrote:
    awesome...thanks man
    no problem

Silkworms(don't expect much it was written by Dizzy :D)
    this is from RIR3
    http://s32.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1XHQWENMUDMM62UF0POIXLSGJ1

Rhiad and the Bedouins from the Vegas show in 01
    http://s30.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2YGU6VE6H4WHO1UHXX3Z4X2GJN

YNWA
  • Options
    bluemonkeybluemonkey Posts: 198
    wow,how fucking sad.this guy was once selling out stadiums singing sweet child o' mine and it took 10 some odd years for this shit?!?is this how bad zach de le rocha's stuff is gonna be when it comes out 8 years from now??
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    PaulJam wrote:
    This year's Download festival is pretty explosive...

Guns N Roses
    Metallica
    TOOL
    The Prodigy...

add Alice In Chains to that list also
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    "In October of 2005 Slash made an unannounced 5:30 AM visit to Axl Rose's house. Not appearing to be under the influence, Slash came to inform Axl that: 'Duff was spineless,' 'Scott [Weiland] was a fraud,' that he 'hates Matt Sorum' and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself 'the stronger.' Based on his conduct in showing up at Rose's home, Axl was hopeful that Slash would live up to his pronouncements that he wanted to end the war and move on with life. Unfortunately that did not prove to be the case."

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    "In October of 2005 Slash made an unannounced 5:30 AM visit to Axl Rose's house. Not appearing to be under the influence, Slash came to inform Axl that: 'Duff was spineless,' 'Scott [Weiland] was a fraud,' that he 'hates Matt Sorum' and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself 'the stronger.' Based on his conduct in showing up at Rose's home, Axl was hopeful that Slash would live up to his pronouncements that he wanted to end the war and move on with life. Unfortunately that did not prove to be the case."

WTF !?!

This sucks,
    from the behind the music, it really seemed like Axl, and his desire to control every aspect of the creative process is what DROVE THE BAND AWAY, not the other way around.

Sounded like the rest of the gunners were sick of being told, "Just play this. play it like this. Don't do that. Lets make a 40 million dollar video with dolphins and aircraft carriers. No seriously, lets do it. Don't complain. Be sober. Don't ask questions" ...

somehow it got turned around to be SLASH'S FAULT ?!?

I'm sure they both have pretty big egos, but it seems pretty clear who the gianormous pompous ass is ...

also, I bet Slash's wang is like 10 times bigger! :D

SO WHY CANT THEY JUST SUCK FACE AND MAKE UP!?!

and how are Slash's VR bandmates taking to him now that he just slammed them all? Scott is a fraud!?! whoa!
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    Boekel ManBoekel Man Posts: 145
    Anyone else thinks that these demos sound way better than Velvet's Contraband? Although I also liked that one.

Which of these demos will be on the new album, any news about that?
    I like driving backwards in the fog, 'cause it doesn't remind of anything...
  • Options
    Boekel Man wrote:
    Anyone else thinks that these demos sound way better than Velvet's Contraband? Although I also liked that one.

Which of these demos will be on the new album, any news about that?
    majority of GN'R fans..not from this forum..think the same

so far..no confirmation but Catcher in the Rye has been tipped to be the first single since 2002

YNWA
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    soo, I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this but.. I was told that G'n'R are gonna come over here (Finland) and do a show. :eek:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    Boekel ManBoekel Man Posts: 145
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    majority of GN'R fans..not from this forum..think the same

so far..no confirmation but Catcher in the Rye has been tipped to be the first single since 2002

What about you, AxlUlrich? :)
    I like driving backwards in the fog, 'cause it doesn't remind of anything...
  • Options
    Boekel Man wrote:
    What about you, AxlUlrich? :)
    i definitely prefer Axl's work :)

YNWA