Am I the only one...

EbizzieEbizzie Posts: 240
edited February 2008 in Other Music
Who thinks van halen absolutely sucks?!?! I mean I despise them, can't think of a single song I like. Yet, for some reason, this bands get hella love. I like to think I have a pretty good, eclectic appreciation for music, but these guys just suck dick. Who's with me?
"Worse than traitors in arms are the men who pretend loyalty to the flag, feast and fatten on the misfortunes of the nation while patriotic blood is crimsoning the plains." -- Abraham Lincoln
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    I completely agree, they are total crap. Their music is unfashionable and outdated, as are the members. Cool guitar cant make up for the lack of quality music and lyrics that are even twice as lame as any 70's/80's corporate band. The vocals are shit as well, David Lee Roth sounds like an actual mongoloid.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • I completely agree, they are total crap. Their music is unfashionable and outdated, as are the members. Cool guitar cant make up for the lack of quality music and lyrics that are even twice as lame as any 70's/80's corporate band. The vocals are shit as well, David Lee Roth sounds like an actual mongoloid.

Unfashionable? What a crappy reason for not liking a band.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    Unfashionable? What a crappy reason for not liking a band.

"and outdated"

Liking their music is like still thinking that hair bands are cool.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• "and outdated"

Liking their music is like still thinking that hair bands are cool.

Oh yeah, I forgot. You're they guy who threatened to beat up Axl Rose earlier. :rolleyes:
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    I spent a lot of time with Van Halen in high school, and I still love listening to their music from that time.. I have no interest in seeing them live now, tho.. especially at the tickets prices they are charging. I don't understand how someone could not find one VH song that they like.. Ice Cream Man comes to mind, and Eruption.. a ton of others, too. Maybe if you are a lot younger and didn't experience VH in their hayday, or something?

Anyways,

Peace
    Just me
  • I don't care how hopped up on indie cred you are, if you don't love Jump, you have no soul.:)
  • culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Its cock rock. Good musicianship but very poor lyrical content. One thing a VH song will never inspire is any deep thought.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • hahaha they suck dick? havent heard that on here before, but yeah they suck.
    i mean i will sing a long to panama and jump, MAYBE hot for teacher and runnin with the devil....but other than that they suck. i hate them, but i respect eddie cuz i know how cutting edge he was when he came out.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    culot4 wrote:
    One thing a VH song will never inspire is any deep thought.

LOL Stellar!They are a vile band.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Van Halen = colostomy.... bag of shite.

IMO :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Then this clip may amuse you with its awfulness:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjx_GjyXCs4
    Try to tell me that you love me, throw your little punches at me...
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    Ebizzie wrote:
    but these guys just suck dick. Who's with me?

hahahahaha :D i'm with you ;)
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    I don't care how hopped up on indie cred you are, if you don't love Jump, you have no soul.:)
    That's funny stuff
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    culot4 wrote:
    Its cock rock. Good musicianship but very poor lyrical content. One thing a VH song will never inspire is any deep thought.
    Yeah, it's no Nickleback that inspires life changing situations.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
    TinyFists wrote:
    Then this clip may amuse you with its awfulness:

Embarrassing
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,288
    i'm not a fan but that's about it no need to be calling them name's and shit ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Ebizzie wrote:
    Who thinks van halen absolutely sucks?!?! I mean I despise them, can't think of a single song I like. Yet, for some reason, this bands get hella love. I like to think I have a pretty good, eclectic appreciation for music, but these guys just suck dick. Who's with me?

van who????
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    TinyFists wrote:
    Then this clip may amuse you with its awfulness:

I'm glad I didn't drive the 10 miles from my house to the Coliseum to see that crap. I had friends going but had absolutely no interest. Van Halen has never done it for me. I respect what Eddie brought to the table but as a band I never liked them.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    I've was never been able to get into them and I never figured out why they were so big. Glad I'm not the only one.