The National

EbizzieEbizzie Posts: 240
edited April 2007 in Other Music
This band needs some love on here. "Alligator" is one of the best CDs of the last 5 years.
"Worse than traitors in arms are the men who pretend loyalty to the flag, feast and fatten on the misfortunes of the nation while patriotic blood is crimsoning the plains." -- Abraham Lincoln
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    Got nothing but love and utmost respect for this band. I worked all day with a mix of all their songs, and it just floated by so nicely. I was on a National binge about a year ago, sorta like with Interpol before them, and it was like visiting an old friend. Their new record, 'Boxer', is being released on May 22 I believe. I'm effin stoked, and will make sure I don't miss out seeing them live this time around.

Also, there's a good article/interview about the new record on http://www.pitchforkmedia.com. Check it!
  • Clifwith1fClifwith1f Posts: 143
    I just heard the leak of their new album "Boxer" and I cannot believe I've never heard of these guys. I went and bought Alligator too and it's awesome. Both of these albums are gorgeous. Boxer sounds like what would happen if Pearl Jam pulled a Sea Change. Defintely one of my favorite bands now.
  • i love these guys. check out "sad songs for dirty lovers", thats their best album, although "boxer" is pretty awesome.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    they are pretty awesome ;]
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Clifwith1fClifwith1f Posts: 143
    From arcadefire.net:

The National, whose new album, 'Boxer', is easily one of the year's best records, and whose past albums are amazing as well, will open the first part of the North American Tour:

05/01/07 Atlanta, GA Atlanta Civic Ctr. Theatre
    05/02/07 Asheville, NC Thomas Wolfe Auditorium
    05/04/07 Washington, DC DAR Constitution Hall
    05/05/07 Upper Darby, PA Tower Theatre
    05/07/07 New York, NY United Palace
    05/08/07 New York, NY United Palace
    05/09/07 New York, NY Radio City Music Hall

I'll be there in the tenth row on 5/1!! And it looks like this will be the debut of a bunch of the new songs from "Boxer".
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    Clifwith1f wrote:
    From arcadefire.net:

The National, whose new album, 'Boxer', is easily one of the year's best records, and whose past albums are amazing as well, will open the first part of the North American Tour:

05/01/07 Atlanta, GA Atlanta Civic Ctr. Theatre
    05/02/07 Asheville, NC Thomas Wolfe Auditorium
    05/04/07 Washington, DC DAR Constitution Hall
    05/05/07 Upper Darby, PA Tower Theatre
    05/07/07 New York, NY United Palace
    05/08/07 New York, NY United Palace
    05/09/07 New York, NY Radio City Music Hall

I'll be there in the tenth row on 5/1!! And it looks like this will be the debut of a bunch of the new songs from "Boxer".

Wow, that's really cool and I'm happy for ya. Maybe a bit envious, but I'm not holding my breath that either band will venture to TX any time soon. Actually The National played here in 05, a couple months before I heard Alligator for the first time. Just got into Arcade Fire a couple months back and they are definitely worth all the hype/commotion, but so was Interpol. Release some more material and we'll really see what they're made of.