Options

G@R new album... awesome?

MissYouAllDayMissYouAllDay Posts: 939
edited March 2006 in Other Music
Well this might seem unbelievable to some of you cause this album has been a giant joke building for 8 years. But I am gonna qualify my claim by saying I don't know any G@R outside the singles, I don't own a single album... not a serious fan by any means.
SO I downloaded 1 minute of this one song wich I am guessing is going to be on the new album called "better (demo)" and it is catchy as hell. I mean I can see this being a huge radio hit. I think its axles voice being used to its max potential. I am sure all the old G@R people will freak when this comes out cause it doesn't sound any worse than G@R from its glory days.

PM me if you want the clip, cause I have no idea where I got it from or why I have it. I mean this song has been stuck in my head this weekend. AM I crazy? Is this song really so catchy?
I miss you already, I miss you always
I miss you already, I miss you all day
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    those clips were leaked like a month or 3 weeks ago and i was shocked too!! it sounds fucking good.!!! im gonna check out the album when it drops.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    CuriousCurious Posts: 732
    The whole song is available for download someplace. And surprisingly, it's pretty damned good.

PM me if you want a copy emailed.
    "The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein
  • Options
    shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    it is awesome...
    who the fuck is playing lead? fortus?
    very impressed
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509
    shahril wrote:
    it is awesome...
    who the fuck is playing lead? fortus?
    very impressed

Better has Buckethead on it, Catcher in the Rye has Brian May doing some soloing on it. BTW regarding the thread title, its GN'R not G@R.
  • Options
    dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    That "Better" demo is fucking awesome.

I really wasn't expecting any new stuff to really suck anyways. You can say what you want about Axl calling him an asshole or whatever, but when it comes to writing music he knows what he's doing.
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    That "Better" demo is fucking awesome.

I really wasn't expecting any new stuff to really suck anyways. You can say what you want about Axl calling him an asshole or whatever, but when it comes to writing music he knows what he's doing.

yeah he is an arsehole, a very talented musical arsehole all the same:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    I don't know why everybody thought Chinese Democracy would be a joke. Axel Rose may be an egotistical nightmare but he is all about writing an excellent song. Do you really think he would have spent 8 years on this thing if it wasn't going to be good?
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    So now I have heard the entire leak of better.

I dunno, I think the demo made the song seem better. The verses are just sooo catchy, it makes it seems like there is too much going on in the second half of the song or something. Or just not enough good stuff.

I still enjoyed it, I wonder what the album version will sound like?
  • Options
    K further comment.

I have just done a side by side comparison of the better demo (1:20 in length)

and the full leaked version. The quality of the demo is crazily better, so that might explain my aversion to the full version.