SMC Bonus: Sade- Lovers Rock

AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
edited November 2006 in Other Music
Hello SMCers.

I know it's not my turn, but there seems to be a lull in the action with the SMC, and I just put up an album for another board I frequent so I figured I'd share it here.

Sade- Lovers Rock

This is something to put on for those romantic evenings at the house/apartment/dorm/street corner. I hated Sade as a kid because her videos were always on VH1 and I thought the music was boring. I've changed my opinion as I got older, and this is probably the finest record of her career.

I don't expect any of you to be blown away by it, and some of you will probably be like "wtf is this shit?". But she has an amazing and sultry voice, and her band provide the perfect accompanaiment. Highlights of the record for me are Slave Song, Lovers Rock, and the single By Your Side.

Don't feel you need to comment on any of it since this isn't a standard weekly pick, but I won't be disappointed if you choose to do so.

Enjoy!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    I grew up listen to her 'clasic' stuff but never had the will to pick this album.

I guess this is the time...
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,077
    this is a great album. definately did not expect to ever see this pop-up on the smc let alone the other music forum.
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    out of respect for the SMC, I'll give this a go :D

all I can think of right now is how much Smooth Operator annoyed me. But yeah, that was like 15 years ago.
    I can't get this to download properly. It appears to download but it spins its wheels when trying to decompress. tried it 4 times.
    yeah, same here.

inappropriate post.

• i love this album. perfect mellow sunday evening romantic music.

what is the SMC?
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    transplant wrote:
    I can't get this to download properly. It appears to download but it spins its wheels when trying to decompress. tried it 4 times.

God dammit.

I'll re-up it tomorrow.
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    Alright, it's in the process of being put back up. So check it out again if you had problems.
    AndySlash wrote:
    Alright, it's in the process of being put back up. So check it out again if you had problems.
    ok, it worked fine. thanks.
  • Classic album. Though I probably wouldn't have listened to it unless I saw it posted here! ;) So smooth and relaxing, yet deep in its own way.

Cheers.
    "If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done"

If you can't get high on purely music and the sounds that you hear, you're missing out on something.
    Ok, today on rotation will be

Sade - Lovers Rock
    Joanna Newsome - Ys

should be a nice relaxing day.
    I like Sade and her albuns but i think this one really lacks that 'killer song(s)'.

But it is still a great pick for some relaxing time.

inappropriate post.