Rothbury Festival

Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
edited February 2008 in Other Music
http://www.rothburyfestival.com

DAVE MATTHEWS BAND + WIDESPREAD PANIC + JOHN MAYER + 311 + PHIL LESH AND FRIENDS + PRIMUS + THIEVERY CORPORATION + SNOOP DOGG + MICHAEL FRANTI AND SPEARHEAD + MODEST MOUSE + STS9 (SOUND TRIBE SECTOR NINE) + YONDER MOUNTAIN STRING BAND WITH JON FISHMAN + GOV'T MULE + SLIGHTLY STOOPID + THE BLACK KEYS + GOGOL BORDELLO + CITIZEN COPE + KELLER WILLIAMS AND THE WMD'S + DEREK TRUCKS AND SUSAN TEDESCHI SOUL STEW REVIVAL + THE DRESDEN DOLLS + RAY LAMONTAGNE + THE DISCO BISCUITS + DRIVE-BY TRUCKERS + OF MONTREAL + GOMEZ + COLBIE CAILLAT + BRETT DENNEN + MEDESKI, MARTIN, AND WOOD + TAJ MAHAL + ZAPPA PLAYS ZAPPA + CRYSTAL METHOD + JJ GREY & MOFRO + THE GREYBOY ALLSTARS + THE SECRET MACHINES + BETH ORTON + BETTYE LAVETTE + JAKOB DYLAN AND THE GREEN MOUNTAIN REBELS + A3 + LOTUS + MIKE GORDON + YARD DOGS ROAD SHOW + STATE RADIO + THE BEAUTIFUL GIRLS + SAGE FRANCIS + TEA LEAF GREEN + RAILROAD EARTH + EMMITT NERSHI BAND + BASSNECTAR + PNUMA TRIO + DIPLO + FLOSSTRADAMUS + THE JUAN MACLEAN + EOTO + PANJEA WITH MICHAEL KANG + THE DYNAMITES FEATURING CHARLES WALKER + DJ REKHA + DEAD CONFEDERATE + DJ ROOTZ + MOTION POTION + SOJORN + BUSDRIVER
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• It a "green agenda" festival apparently,

"The weekend will feature a think-tank with panel discussions on climate concerns, plus an energy fair. The campgrounds will shoot for zero-waste with composting, carbon-offsetting and more strategies."

Lets fire up the rumour mill, what do you think the chances are Pearl Jam gets added ????
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • KricketKricket Posts: 707
    THis will be a great wkend!!!!

WIDESPREAD PANIC, Phil Lesh, Mule, Derek Trucks, Primus and so on...this is sweeeet!

Edit - DMB ;)
  • KricketKricket Posts: 707
    I'd like to see moe. get added to the lineup and Trey :)
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Just noting, I think this festival could be interesting, especially if it turns into an annual event. It's almost like what Bonnaroo started out as...now that Bonnaroo keeps getting more and more mainstream artists, another "jam-band" festival has sprung up. Someone could have revealed that lineup in '04 and I would have sworn up and own that it was Bonnaroo.

Either way...DMB, Widespread, Mayer, 311, Phil Lesh, Mike Gordon, Primus, Jakob Dylan, Mule, Derek Trucks, Disco Biscuits...? Damn!

I would like to see Trey or Umphrey's added, though!
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    I think I read somewhere they only expect roughly 70 artists, and right now I believe there's 61. I'm not really expecting any other large acts, especially condiering they plan to sell only 40-50k tickets.

What's weird though is if you go to http://www.rothburyfestival.com you quickly can see Mars Volta's name, but when you check out the artist page they aren't there. Hmm...
  • :mad: :mad: :mad: I just found out about this today while checking out the drive by truckers website. This place is literally a 20 minute drive from my hometown house. Now i'm 12 fuckin hours away!! Haha, i wanted to throw the computer out the window when i saw this. Still might go though. It'd definitely be a great time...seeing probably 90% of my old classmates at the festival however wouldn't. The double JJ ranch is a pretty good place for a festival though...never really dreamed there'd be a festival there though lol.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Haha, i made up my mind. I'm going. My friend at work is a huge modest mouse fan and when i told him about it he convinced me. I can't pass up a festival that close to home :D
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"