2 Toronto Vifgin Festival Tickets for Sale - less than cost

Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
edited September 2006 in Other Music
I have two N1's I plan to sell. Will take less then cost. TM sells them for about $140 a pair including S/C, and I'll take $100 or less.

Line up is Muse, Flaming Lips etc. (others are in the link below)

http://www.virginfestival.ca/en/vfest_bands.html
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    bump

if anyone's interested
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Red Lukin wrote:
    bump

if anyone's interested

SORRY, Already got my tickets - both days - cant wait....especially now that Broken Social Scene has been added to day 2

anyone on the fence....day 1 is going to be AMAZING....Hidden Cameras, the Dears (one of my personal favs), Gnarls Barkley, Muse, Wintersleep, Alexisonfire, Eagles Of Death Metal, and one of the greatest live bands ever the Flaming Lips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
    Todd76 wrote:
    SORRY, Already got my tickets - both days - cant wait....especially now that Broken Social Scene has been added to day 2

anyone on the fence....day 1 is going to be AMAZING....Hidden Cameras, the Dears (one of my personal favs), Gnarls Barkley, Muse, Wintersleep, Alexisonfire, Eagles Of Death Metal, and one of the greatest live bands ever the Flaming Lips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to day 2 for sure. Where did you see Broken Social Scene is playing?

Edit: I see it on Ticketmaster now - not on V fest's website
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Red Lukin wrote:
    I'm going to day 2 for sure. Where did you see Broken Social Scene is playing?

Edit: I see it on Ticketmaster now - not on V fest's website

Massive Attack backed out....travel VISA issues
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • here's the official statement:

TORONTO (ONTARIO) September 7, 2006 – Virgin Mobile Canada and Emerge Entertainment, producers of Virgin Festival announced today that there will be a change to the Virgin Festival artist line-up on Sunday, September 10. Broken Social Scene will replace Massive Attack as the closing act on the Virgin Mobile Stage.

According to Massive Attack’s management, “In spite of timely and coordinated efforts, the essential U.S. immigration visas were not issued in time for the beginning of the Massive Attack North American Tour. Subsequently, the band has been forced to cancel the first four shows (Toronto, 9/10, Montreal, 9/11, Detroit 9/12, Chicago, 9/13). Currently, the rest of the tour remains intact. The band hopes to reschedule the cancelled shows as soon as possible.”

“We apologize to everyone who bought tickets expecting to see Massive Attack perform, but we know that the new line-up continues to deliver an outstanding two-day experience for the Toronto Virgin Festival. With the addition of Broken Social Scene, we’re continuing to deliver outstanding talent at incredible value,” said Jacob Smid, Emerge Entertainment.

Broken Social Scene kicked off the summer’s festival season and are honoured to close the season as the final act to perform at the Virgin Festival this Sunday.

Jeffrey Remedios of Arts & Crafts said, “Having played on Toronto Island for the past three years, we’ve developed a special relationship with Torontonians and the Toronto Music Community. We’re sorry to hear that Massive Attack is unable to perform, but we’re thrilled to be a headliner at the inaugural edition of this renowned festival.”

Virgin Festival ticket holders will be entitled to “front of the line” status at Massive Attack’s next Toronto show which will be announced soon. If festival goers purchased tickets to specifically see Massive Attack, they can get a refund for their purchases at the point of purchase prior 12:00 pm on September 10. For tickets purchased online at futureshop.ca, customers must return those tickets to a Future Shop store location before 12:00 p.m on Sunday.
    Tickets for the Virgin Festival are available at Future Shop stores, through all Ticketmaster outlets or by calling (416) 870-8000. Locally, tickets are available at Rotate This and Soundscapes. One and two day passes will also be available at the ferry docks on Sept. 9 and 10. Ticket information is also available at: virginfestival.ca or virginmobile.ca. One-day tickets are $57.50 (including all sales taxes, $1.00 for Virgin Unite and $6 for the ferry to and from the Toronto Island plus $1 for unlimited access to Centreville rides); a two-day ticket is available for $104.50 (including all sales taxes, $1.00 for Virgin Unite and $12 for the ferry plus $2 for unlimited access to Centreville rides).
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)
    2024: Vancouver (x2), Portland, Sacramento, Las Vegas (x2), Los Angeles (x2), Dublin, Manchester, London, Berlin (x2), Barcelona (x2)

If anyone is interested in going last minute I'll sell the pair for $100. We can arrange to meet early Saturday morning.