Jack Johnson Tops Billboard 200

Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
edited March 2008 in Other Music
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Red Lukin wrote:

Word of mouth and fan base got him there. I haven't heard the lead single on the radio very much at all. The video doesn't get heavy rotation. Really solid album though.
  • Red Lukin wrote:
    Both probably.
  • Well just look at the other crap on there! :)
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Alot of people liking boring/bad music.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    both. there is nothing too crazy or complicated to his albums, but there really isnt anything NOT to like about his music. its harmless.
  • Alot of people liking boring/bad music.

yup, they do. i've heard a lot worse than jack johnson though. pretty mellow, chill stuff.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    i will defend in between dreams anyday..but i honestly only like 2 tracks off of sleep through the static. pretty disappointed.
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Not that being #1 on Billboard is that important, but it gives more credibility to the festival promoters who booked JJ to headline.
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    I"m not a JJ fan, but he had a great bio article on him in RS. Ed was quoted in there. One of the better articles they've had in recent memory.
    I love to turn you on
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    r1vers wrote:
    i will defend in between dreams anyday..but i honestly only like 2 tracks off of sleep through the static. pretty disappointed.

I think the new album is pretty solid, but I agree that it is no In Between Dreams. That's the perfect summer album, this one feels a bit more like a winter album.
  • His sound is nice, good for the occasional song and good music for chilling with friends, but not something I could really see myself getting into.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • ChrissybChrissyb Posts: 122
    I really like Jack Johnson.. I have a couple of his CDs..

I didn't really care for the latest one.. I just thought it was a bit boring.. I think I was about 5 songs in.. and I just did feel like listening to it anymore.
    **find what you love, love what you find**
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Chrissyb wrote:
    I really like Jack Johnson.. I have a couple of his CDs..

I didn't really care for the latest one.. I just thought it was a bit boring.. I think I was about 5 songs in.. and I just did feel like listening to it anymore.

Yeah I really enjoy In Between Dreams .......so I bought Brushfire and was disappointed ........haven't heard the new one yet ....but I plan on seeing him when he's at UBC this summer
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • bryanfurybryanfury Posts: 460
    first listen i thought the album was dull. but honestly, there isn't a whole lot he can do with his sound.

after numerous listens, i REALLY like the new album.

If people are lookign for groundbreaking music, JJ isn;t it. for those that like social themed, good 'ol music, then JJ is for you.

i think he's great.
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free