What is the Tool Forum (Message Board)?

Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
edited April 2006 in Other Music
I am in need of the pre-sale password for Tool's show in Toronto, and would like to look for it on their forum. Does anyone know it?

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    cool, thanks!
  • potluckpotluck Posts: 170
    why in gods name would u want to see tool anyway. Did you know pj is touring this summer. Tool shows suck ass. Half the show for the same money and if you see more than one, your going to see the same show everytime, You seen 'em once, u've seen 'em a 100 times
    06/24/1998 SD
    10/12/2000 KS
    06/13/2003 IA
    06/15/2003 ND
    06/16/2003 Mn
    06/21/2003 WI
    10/05/2004 MO
    10/08/2004 FL
    09/08/2005 MB
    09/09/2005 ON
    05/17/2006 IL
    05/19/2006 MI
    07/02/2006 CO
    08/05/2007 Lolla
    06/14/2008 B'roo

Kill Fascists.... or at least make them realize what they are.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Their drummer kicks ass, and I'm seeing PJ too
  • ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,012
    potluck wrote:
    why in gods name would u want to see tool anyway. Did you know pj is touring this summer. Tool shows suck ass. Half the show for the same money and if you see more than one, your going to see the same show everytime, You seen 'em once, u've seen 'em a 100 times

You really need to listen to ALL music. TOOL's drummer does kick ass!
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,190
    Red Lukin wrote:
    I am in need of the pre-sale password for Tool's show in Toronto, and would like to look for it on their forum. Does anyone know it?

Thanks

There won't be any pre-sale info from the band. They announced it on their site today (toolarmy.com).
  • depploverdepplover Posts: 189
    i think there's only gonna be a pre-sale for hummingbird center members.. that sucks!!
    5/09/06, 5/10/06 - FUCKIN AMAZING!!!!
  • potluck wrote:

why even post here -sounds like you could be saving some time on another thread!
  • No Pre-sale. Fuckers. Dont Join The Toolarmy. Its Not Worth It. I Joined Right At The Begining. I Paid $90 Usd. Back Then Our Canadian Dollar Was Worth Shit So It Cost Me About $140. No Shit, It Took Almost A Year To Get Our Membership Packages. They Sent An Autographed Promo Pi With A Band Members Auto On It. Big Deal. All The People There Are Dicks, And You Dont Get Shit. They Have An Autographed Lateralus Vinal For $400. You Never Get Any Notice To Buy It, It Just Pops Up. Its Not A Friendly Place. And Now To Boot We Get No Pre-sale. Wtf Is That. Ten Club Members Have It Much Better, If I Could Go Back I Wouldnt Have Joined.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • MarkBMarkB Posts: 115
    so u gota be a member of the hummingbird club to get presale?
  • No Pre-sale. Fuckers. Dont Join The Toolarmy. Its Not Worth It. I Joined Right At The Begining. I Paid $90 Usd. Back Then Our Canadian Dollar Was Worth Shit So It Cost Me About $140. No Shit, It Took Almost A Year To Get Our Membership Packages. They Sent An Autographed Promo Pi With A Band Members Auto On It. Big Deal. All The People There Are Dicks, And You Dont Get Shit. They Have An Autographed Lateralus Vinal For $400. You Never Get Any Notice To Buy It, It Just Pops Up. Its Not A Friendly Place. And Now To Boot We Get No Pre-sale. Wtf Is That. Ten Club Members Have It Much Better, If I Could Go Back I Wouldnt Have Joined.

Wow, You Really Must Have Put A Lot Of Effort Into Typing That Post. Weird. Anyway, You've Got A Point, For Sure. I Never Bothered Joining It, Nor The Ten Club, Come To Think Of It.
  • USCJeffUSCJeff Posts: 92
    Tool is good to see every once in a while. I saw them 4 times on the Lateralus tour over a span of about 16 months. It kept things fresh.

PJ on the other hand I am seeing 5 times straight!
  • I'm gonna catch Tool in denver if i can. I'm really excited to see PJ and Tool this time around.
    Life reveals what is dealt through seasons
    Circle comes around each time
  • genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    You dont get much from joining Ive heard more than once.
    Call the Edge to see if they know how you can get tickets.
    It might just be a win to get in thing.

Oh And Yeah, Typing Like This Is Quite Hard. That Whole Post Must Have Been Annoying To Type.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
    USCJeff wrote:
    Tool is good to see every once in a while. I saw them 4 times on the Lateralus tour over a span of about 16 months. It kept things fresh.

PJ on the other hand I am seeing 5 times straight!
    Heres the deal, TOOL makes it so difficult to be a devoted fan because they are surely not devoted to the fans. I have a tendency to compare everything to Pearl Jam so its not that I think Tool isnt any good, its just they seem more like entertainers than musicians, the music is too refined and they are always trying to uphold that "Pink Floyd" image. Its just fabricated music and you can see it in their choreographed shows. The fact that it costs so much to be in the fan club that reeps almost no benefit(again comparing to PJ) is a testiment that they are money hungry and they know that their true fans will rationalize to not believe it (sounds like some PJ fans).
    06/24/1998 SD
    10/12/2000 KS
    06/13/2003 IA
    06/15/2003 ND
    06/16/2003 Mn
    06/21/2003 WI
    10/05/2004 MO
    10/08/2004 FL
    09/08/2005 MB
    09/09/2005 ON
    05/17/2006 IL
    05/19/2006 MI
    07/02/2006 CO
    08/05/2007 Lolla
    06/14/2008 B'roo

• Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    potluck wrote:

Tool are amazing live. Every member of Tool is better at their respective instrument than PJ. They have a far better stage show, and it isnt even that much more advanced. Virtually, every performance of every song is as tight as it comes, somethin that cant be said of PJ.

From experience, I doubt I would see Tool more than once a leg unless the shows were spaced a few months apart, or I had a chance to see them at a venue I would prolly never get to see again.

The american Tool shows that they just announced are a bargain compared to PJ's ticket prices.
    Originally Posted by Oh, Jimmy
    From experience, I doubt I would see Tool more than once a leg unless the shows were spaced a few months apart, or I had a chance to see them at a venue I would prolly never get to see again.

quote]
    Enough said, TOOL SUX when compared to PJ
    06/24/1998 SD
    10/12/2000 KS
    06/13/2003 IA
    06/15/2003 ND
    06/16/2003 Mn
    06/21/2003 WI
    10/05/2004 MO
    10/08/2004 FL
    09/08/2005 MB
    09/09/2005 ON
    05/17/2006 IL
    05/19/2006 MI
    07/02/2006 CO
    08/05/2007 Lolla
    06/14/2008 B'roo

• InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    I seem to have been banned from that Tool message board. The strange part is I don't remember ever going there until a few minutes ago. My registration must have looked shifty.
  • potluck wrote:
    Heres the deal, TOOL makes it so difficult to be a devoted fan because they are surely not devoted to the fans. I have a tendency to compare everything to Pearl Jam so its not that I think Tool isnt any good, its just they seem more like entertainers than musicians, the music is too refined and they are always trying to uphold that "Pink Floyd" image. Its just fabricated music and you can see it in their choreographed shows. The fact that it costs so much to be in the fan club that reeps almost no benefit(again comparing to PJ) is a testiment that they are money hungry and they know that their true fans will rationalize to not believe it (sounds like some PJ fans).

I,
    met a boy,
    wearing Vans,
    501s,
    and a dope,
    beastie-tee,
    nipple rings,
    new tattoos,
    that claimed tha he
    was OGT,
    back from '92,
    from the first EP.
    And in between
    sips of coke
    he told me
    that he thought we
    were sellin' out,
    layin' down,
    suckin' up
    to the man.
    Well now I've got some advice for you, little buddy.
    Before you point your finger you should know that I'm the man,
    and if I'm the man, then you're the man, and he's the man as well
    so you can point that fuckin' finger up your aaaaaaaaaaass!

All you know about me is what I've sold you,
    Dumb fuck.
    I sold out long before you ever even heard my name.
    I sold my soul to make a record,
    Dip shit,
    and then you bought ooone.
    I've got some Advice for you, little buddy.
    Before you point your finger you should know that I'm the man.
    If I'm the fuckin' man then you're the fuckin' man as well,
    So you can point that fuckin' finger up your aaaaaaaaaaaaaass!

consume,
    be fruitful,
    and multiply

Dumb fuck.
    Dip shit,
    and then you bought oooooooooooone!

All you
    read and
    Wear or
    see and
    Hear on
    TV
    Is a
    product
    Begging
    for your
    Fatass
    dirty
    Dollar.
    So ... Shut up and
    Buy, my
    Buy, myyy
    new record
    Buy, my
    Buy,
    Send more money

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    Tool are amazing live. Every member of Tool is better at their respective instrument than PJ. They have a far better stage show, and it isnt even that much more advanced. Virtually, every performance of every song is as tight as it comes, somethin that cant be said of PJ.

The american Tool shows that they just announced are a bargain compared to PJ's ticket prices.

Ya man. The best shows are when Maynard squats behind the drums for the whole show. TOOL need a good stage show to distract the auidience from the fact that they keep playing the same song over and over and over again. The worst part is that I actually like TOOL, but their live show is the most boring, uninspired tripe that I ever had the misfortune of witnessing. You couldn't drag me to a TOOL show at any venue for any price.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • JamnPearlJamnPearl Posts: 204
    potluck wrote:
    Enough said, TOOL SUX when compared to PJ

That's just your opinion, but I think Vicarious is better than the 5 new PJ songs i've heard so far.
    Brink wrote:
    I,
    met a boy,
    wearing Vans,
    501s,
    and a dope,
    beastie-tee,
    nipple rings,
    new tattoos,
    that claimed tha he
    was OGT,
    back from '92,
    from the first EP.
    And in between
    sips of coke
    he told me
    that he thought we
    were sellin' out,
    layin' down,
    suckin' up
    to the man.
    Well now I've got some advice for you, little buddy.
    Before you point your finger you should know that I'm the man,
    and if I'm the man, then you're the man, and he's the man as well
    so you can point that fuckin' finger up your aaaaaaaaaaass!

Dumb fuck.
    Dip shit,
    and then you bought ooone.
    I've got some Advice for you, little buddy.
    Before you point your finger you should know that I'm the man.
    If I'm the fuckin' man then you're the fuckin' man as well,
    So you can point that fuckin' finger up your aaaaaaaaaaaaaass!

consume,
    be fruitful,
    and multiply

Dumb fuck.
    Dip shit,
    and then you bought oooooooooooone!

All you
    read and
    Wear or
    see and
    Hear on
    TV
    Is a
    product
    Begging
    for your
    Fatass
    dirty
    Dollar.
    So ... Shut up and
    Buy, my
    Buy, myyy
    new record
    Buy, my
    Buy,
    Send more money

what r u trying to prove with these lyrics, it just makes my argument more concrete. Tool hates you fuckers that defend it. They hate their fans and you dont care. When I spend my money on PJ atleast I know they have some regard for others.
    06/24/1998 SD
    10/12/2000 KS
    06/13/2003 IA
    06/15/2003 ND
    06/16/2003 Mn
    06/21/2003 WI
    10/05/2004 MO
    10/08/2004 FL
    09/08/2005 MB
    09/09/2005 ON
    05/17/2006 IL
    05/19/2006 MI
    07/02/2006 CO
    08/05/2007 Lolla
    06/14/2008 B'roo

Songburst wrote:
    Ya man. The best shows are when Maynard squats behind the drums for the whole show. TOOL need a good stage show to distract the auidience from the fact that they keep playing the same song over and over and over again. The worst part is that I actually like TOOL, but their live show is the most boring, uninspired tripe that I ever had the misfortune of witnessing. You couldn't drag me to a TOOL show at any venue for any price.

I agree whole heartedly. It may even be the retard die-hard toolites that cause this disdain in me.
    06/24/1998 SD
    10/12/2000 KS
    06/13/2003 IA
    06/15/2003 ND
    06/16/2003 Mn
    06/21/2003 WI
    10/05/2004 MO
    10/08/2004 FL
    09/08/2005 MB
    09/09/2005 ON
    05/17/2006 IL
    05/19/2006 MI
    07/02/2006 CO
    08/05/2007 Lolla
    06/14/2008 B'roo

• You're all crying about TOOL not caring about you, but if they put out an Aenima part 2 for all of you, you'd be calling them sellouts. You can't win these days. Pearl Jam haven't put out a solid record since Yield. I'm not bashing them, but it's true. Bands can't keep it up forever. Just listen and enjoy. Who gives a shit what I think or what you think? All that matters is how YOU feel about it.
    PS-the people on the toolnavy board are by far the most retarded people on this planet.
    sorry to rant
    You're all crying about TOOL not caring about you, but if they put out an Aenima part 2 for all of you, you'd be calling them sellouts. You can't win these days. Pearl Jam haven't put out a solid record since Yield. I'm not bashing them, but it's true. Bands can't keep it up forever. Just listen and enjoy. Who gives a shit what I think or what you think? All that matters is how YOU feel about it.

Well said. Somebody on here mentioned Tool fans sucking up to them...I can't believe a person would say this on this PJ forum. I'm not here to bash anyone, but i've never seen more sucking up to one band than on this forum.

I think it would be nearly impossible for the band to top Lateralus, so I never got my hopes up in the first place. I don't hear hardly any people bashing PJ because of thier last few albums. A band can't constantly put out music like Aenima and Lateralus over and over again. Especially with the type of music Tool makes...the long and complex songs.

This is all just my opinion. And besides, how the heck would you know that Tool doesn't care about you? (aimed towards potluck)
  • pejamrlpejamrl Posts: 35
    Once youtr part of the Toolarmy everytime you visit their site you get a point and you move up in status(which means absolutely nothing) I like posting shit on there that gets people riled up cause they are a bunch of whiney bitches. So I wrote this post that said Tool doesn't give a shit about their fans and they only do it for the money and I pretty much got "Go Fuck Yourself and spend your money on Britney Spears tickets".((Actually I spent it on three PJ concerts money better spent) After I wrote that 8 points got skimmed off my status not that I give a shit but so much for free speech in the Toolarmy. They are a bunch of self righteous dicks

Also, on the Lateralus tour I saw Tool three times Manfield which was good except for the riff they played over and over for like 20 min. Second time around I went to Boston which was great sound was awesome and the next night in Providence showed up 10 min before the concert started and got fourth row they did change a few songs in their setlist but otherwise the same as the night before, Except Maynards microphone was going in and out until finally he threw a hissy fit and threw the microphone down and stormed off stage. He's a little bitch.

Just to clear this up I am a diehard Tool fan the music is fucking great but they really are douche bags

obviously I wrote this cause I have nothing better to do.
    Mansfield Sept 16,98'
    Aug 29,30 00'
    Jul 2,3,11 03'
    Boston Sep 28,29 04'
    Borgata Sep 30 05'
    Hartford May 13 06'
    Boston May 24,25 06'
    Mansfield June 28, 30 08'
    Vedder solo tour Aug 1 08'
  • You're all crying about TOOL not caring about you, but if they put out an Aenima part 2 for all of you, you'd be calling them sellouts. You can't win these days. Pearl Jam haven't put out a solid record since Yield. I'm not bashing them, but it's true. Bands can't keep it up forever. Just listen and enjoy. Who gives a shit what I think or what you think? All that matters is how YOU feel about it.
    PS-the people on the toolnavy board are by far the most retarded people on this planet.
    sorry to rant

you know, i actually think this does sound like aenima part 2. sounds way more like a follow up to that than to lateralus. and i like it. love it.
    Vicarious is Schizim, if thats the right spelling of that shitty song?,
    Schizim 2.0. Shitty band, shitty song.
    06/24/1998 SD
    10/12/2000 KS
    06/13/2003 IA
    06/15/2003 ND
    06/16/2003 Mn
    06/21/2003 WI
    10/05/2004 MO
    10/08/2004 FL
    09/08/2005 MB
    09/09/2005 ON
    05/17/2006 IL
    05/19/2006 MI
    07/02/2006 CO
    08/05/2007 Lolla
    06/14/2008 B'roo

potluck wrote:
    Vicarious is Schizim, if thats the right spelling of that shitty song?,
    Schizim 2.0. Shitty band, shitty song.

Go Fuck Yourself and spend your money on Britney Spears tickets.

hahaha
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    pejamrl wrote:
    Once youtr part of the Toolarmy everytime you visit their site you get a point and you move up in status(which means absolutely nothing) I like posting shit on there that gets people riled up cause they are a bunch of whiney bitches. So I wrote this post that said Tool doesn't give a shit about their fans and they only do it for the money and I pretty much got "Go Fuck Yourself and spend your money on Britney Spears tickets".((Actually I spent it on three PJ concerts money better spent) After I wrote that 8 points got skimmed off my status not that I give a shit but so much for free speech in the Toolarmy. They are a bunch of self righteous dicks

Also, on the Lateralus tour I saw Tool three times Manfield which was good except for the riff they played over and over for like 20 min. Second time around I went to Boston which was great sound was awesome and the next night in Providence showed up 10 min before the concert started and got fourth row they did change a few songs in their setlist but otherwise the same as the night before, Except Maynards microphone was going in and out until finally he threw a hissy fit and threw the microphone down and stormed off stage. He's a little bitch.

Just to clear this up I am a diehard Tool fan the music is fucking great but they really are douche bags

obviously I wrote this cause I have nothing better to do.

Funny you should mention that. I was just reading a review for that show and it turns out its not Maynards mic. Maynards blew his voice. The video is on youtube. It sounds almost painful, and he went on to finish the show.