I Won Tickets to see Sam Roberts and Trews!

Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
edited July 2006 in Other Music
I haven't called a radio station in like 10 years, but wanted to go to this show. Since you can ONLY win tickets I thought I'd try calling. First time got caller #8!

It's probably not a big deal to those outside Canada, but for those locals who have good music taste it's pretty sweet@

Details are below - basically meet the band and tix to the show

Y108 is proud to present SAM ROBERTS BAND & THE TREWS LIVE @ Flamboro Slots, Friday July 21!

It's a first come, first served FREE show!! Y108 has your guaranteed seating wristbands for the show, and also has your chance to MEET SAM ROBERTS BAND!

Listen into Y108 to hear Sam Roberts "The Gate" at the times listed, and be the 8th caller thru! Winners score 2 guaranteed seating wristbands, a copy of the new Sam Roberts CD "Chemical City" and 2 passes to head backstage and meet Sam Roberts Band!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• corduroy41corduroy41 Posts: 94
    Nice! I was just talking to some friends about this show. I live about 7 minutes from Flamboro Downs. Gonna make the trip up there with a pile o' friends for this. Can't beat the price!

I'm going for the trews mainly. I know they don't get much respect around here, but they're pretty good live. I don't speak too highly of their recorded material. It sounds kind of dry and too polished compared to their live shows.

I haven't seen Sam Roberts live, but I hear if you like his music, you'll love his show (obviously). :)

EDIT: A Trews live track for all interested: http://rapidshare.de/files/25690567/The_trewsburn_the_grass.MP3.html
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    cool...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    corduroy41 wrote:
    Nice! I was just talking to some friends about this show. I live about 7 minutes from Flamboro Downs. Gonna make the trip up there with a pile o' friends for this. Can't beat the price!

I'm going for the trews mainly. I know they don't get much respect around here, but they're pretty good live. I don't speak too highly of their recorded material. It sounds kind of dry and too polished compared to their live shows.

I haven't seen Sam Roberts live, but I hear if you like his music, you'll love his show (obviously). :)

The Trews put on a great show no doubt, you're right on that one. SR too, if you like their music, and love trippy/jammin music you'll love them live.

I hope you can make it for the show, but I read you can only win tickets. Is this true?
    Red Lukin wrote:
    The Trews put on a great show no doubt, you're right on that one. SR too, if you like their music, and love trippy/jammin music you'll love them live.

I hope you can make it for the show, but I read you can only win tickets. Is this true?

Nope. You can only win tickets for the guarenteed seating. It's free for everyone else, but ya just gotta get there early to make sure you get in, and supply your own chair! Haha.

The details are coming about over on the trews message board.
    corduroy41 wrote:
    Nope. You can only win tickets for the guarenteed seating. It's free for everyone else, but ya just gotta get there early to make sure you get in, and supply your own chair! Haha.

The details are coming about over on the trews message board.

That's awesome...guess you gotta get there early. Still worth it if you don't have to work, especially for two great live bands!
    bte, any idea how large the venue is, or how many people they will let in?
    Red Lukin wrote:
    bte, any idea how large the venue is, or how many people they will let in?

That I'm not sure of. They have concerts there all the time, but I think it depends on the band they're bringing in. If I talk to my friend who works there, I'll ask him if he knows anything.