Mars Volta US Club Tour

Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
edited December 2007 in Other Music
I haven't seen much mentioned of these guys on the PJ board. Thought you all had good taste in music? : )

Anyone else attending any of the upcoming shows?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I might... but tix go on sale Saturday at 12 pm, and I'm working till 5 pm... the venue is a capacity of 1800.. now that you have all the mathematical necessities, here comes the word problem question... will I still have a stab at getting tickets?
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    My guess is no unless someome can helps you. I think Tor sold out in 20 seconds.

Good luck though - what venue?
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 792
    Red Lukin wrote:
    I haven't seen much mentioned of these guys on the PJ board. Thought you all had good taste in music? : )

I've never really understood why more people don't get this band. They are simply amazing. No other band has ever moved me on the level of Pearl Jam like these guys have. I will be going to the KC show which will make my 7th Mars Volta show. I cannot freakin' wait.
  • FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rams Head Live!
  • i would most definantly go if they were coming anywhere near MN..but they aren't so im hoping they go on a national tour after they release the new album
    "I changed by not changing at all"
  • I want to see The Mars Volta live sooo badly. I can't wait for them to come by Texas.
    Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009
  • This is another great band who is questionable live. I've mostly heard that they stink on stage, but I haven't seen em myself. Love their albums though.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I love the band. i've seen them 3 times. their live show is incediable.

But like every other band alive right fucking now they are not playing anywhere in the goddamn south near me.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • BeavBeav Posts: 223
    Saturnal wrote:
    This is another great band who is questionable live. I've mostly heard that they stink on stage, but I haven't seen em myself. Love their albums though.

I think they've come a long way with their live shows. They were really rough a few years ago but they're tightening up. Cedrics concentrating a little more on singing instead of jumping around like a possessed madman the whole time. I didn't see these club dates!! Are they coming towards PA?? I must go look right now!
    "Sooner or later you'll bare your teeth"
    www.myspace.com/volinic
    www.myspace.com/zane26 (band)
  • Beav wrote:
    I think they've come a long way with their live shows. They were really rough a few years ago but they're tightening up. Cedrics concentrating a little more on singing instead of jumping around like a possessed madman the whole time. I didn't see these club dates!! Are they coming towards PA?? I must go look right now!
    That's great to hear, because I really do love their music. I may go check em out then.
    I agree - their albums are amazing (especially Frances the Mute), but their live show is absolutely unreal.

If you like their albums you gotta give their live show another shot.
  • Their live show for when they opened for System of a Down a few years back is what turned me onto them. I was blown away by the music.
  • They are probably my favorite band out right now. I can't wait to see them for the Bedlam tour. Of course, that'll be after this club tour.
  • Also, about the Mars Volta live.

When they were first touring for Deloused, I hear it was hit or miss.

Then they were fucking killer every night of the Frances Tour. I saw them in April of 05 and it was fucking incredible. They were so tight when they jammed.

Then things sort of lapsed again on the Amp tour because of the drummer change. I loved Jon Theodore, but I guess he had some problems with Ced and Omar. Anyway, they had Blake who was ok, but now with Thomas I think they'll be amazing again.
  • Beav wrote:

The closest to PA (at least more southern PA) is Rams Head Live... which is in Baltimore, which is located in Maryland. It's about an hour to an hour half from where I live, so it's not bad at all... and the venue is absolutely killer. They had great lights, sound, and a lot of room for everyone when I went to see the Disco Biscuits there.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,224
    Anyone have the presale password for the Providence show? Would love to avoid the rush tomorrow...
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rams Head Live!

If you go, bring me back some wings please!

I saw them open for the Chili Peppers and unless they played some of their actual songs I would go. Like Guitar Hero 3 says, "Nobody wants to pay to see you jam for a whole show."
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
    pjl44 wrote:
    Anyone have the presale password for the Providence show? Would love to avoid the rush tomorrow...

wax
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,224
    Red Lukin wrote:
    wax

Many thanks...I tried every word...not sure how I missed that one.
  • I ordered 5 tickets!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
  • Red Lukin wrote:

i'll be seeing them on news years day in san francisco. my cousin got a hold of backstage passes directly from cedric himself.
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • BeavBeav Posts: 223
    The closest to PA (at least more southern PA) is Rams Head Live... which is in Baltimore, which is located in Maryland. It's about an hour to an hour half from where I live, so it's not bad at all... and the venue is absolutely killer. They had great lights, sound, and a lot of room for everyone when I went to see the Disco Biscuits there.

I got tickets for the Columbus show. Hope it's a good venue. I saw them for the second time when they opened for the Peppers in Cleveland last year. It was when they first got Thomas. I think they jammed on the basic structure of Goliath... maybe not. But they didn't play any real songs since Thomas was so new. Kinda disappointing but cool in a way. I plan on being blown away this time. Anyone else going to this show?
    "Sooner or later you'll bare your teeth"
    www.myspace.com/volinic
    www.myspace.com/zane26 (band)
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Seen them twice, and will be seeing them next March when they hit the UK.

Saw them years ago on the De-Loused tour and they were AWESOME, and on the Frances tour they were just as good (only complaint is that they didn't play my favourite from Frances, L'Via L'Viaquez but you can't win 'em all :)). Missed them on the Amputechture tour, as I never fully got into that album.

I'm very excited to be seeing them again though. :D
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    I once had tickets to see At The Drive In, in Cardiff,...they cancelled days before cos they were tired.....and then broke up. I was gutted...stil am a bit.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
    jamie uk wrote:
    I once had tickets to see At The Drive In, in Cardiff,...they cancelled days before cos they were tired.....and then broke up. I was gutted...stil am a bit.
    I would kill to see ATD-I.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

audiodave wrote:
    I would kill to see ATD-I.

I was very excited about them Dave, they were a bit special I thought...then they just went....poooof!
    jamie uk wrote:
    I was very excited about them Dave, they were a bit special I thought...then they just went....poooof!
    I love The Mars Volta though.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

audiodave wrote:
    I love The Mars Volta though.
    Me too, I don't have much of their stuff though, but is good what I have.