Bonnaroo - anyone going?

Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
edited June 2007 in Other Music
Any jammers going to Roo? It's in 10 days!

Driving from Toronto here...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    Yep. Driving in a couple days early and staying in Nashville. From London, Ontario here. I can't wait!
    Cock Fight.
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    If either of you have room, and this guy can get to your respective towns from Ottawa, you should consider giving him a ride: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=245492&highlight=bonnaroo

BTW, I am going, and I am fucking stoked. I haven't had any sort of real vacation since last September and I'm burned out with work, so this will be more of a welcome respite.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Tek, good to other jammers are going. Who are you looking forward to seeing?

Off the top of my head I plan on seeing Sam Roberts, KOL, Harper, Tool, Police, White Stripes, Bob Weir, in between the Mule and Flips set, and a bunch of others.
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Tek, good to other jammers are going. Who are you looking forward to seeing?

Off the top of my head I plan on seeing Sam Roberts, KOL, Harper, Tool, Police, White Stripes, Bob Weir, in between the Mule and Flips set, and a bunch of others.

I have made a schedule!

Sam Roberts, Tortoise, David Cross, The Decemberists, The White Stripes, Wilco, The Flaming Lips, The Police, Ween, Damien Rice, The National, Old Crow Medicine Show, Annuals, Franz Ferdinand, Wolfmother, John Butler Trio, The Hold Steady.

I just found out that one of my good friends is dropping out. I am pretty upset because I have not seen him since Pearl Jam in Jersey last year.
    Cock Fight.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Alright, why not...here's my schedule. Some do play at the same time, so I'm either undecided or might see the end of an act:

Black Angels
    Sam Roberts
    Tea Leaf Green
    Cold War Kids
    Brazilian Girls
    Kings of Leon - maybe the end of Michael Franti & Spearhead
    Black Keys (or the Roots)
    Tool
    Super Jam!!!
    Old Crow medicine Show
    Gogol Bordello
    Either The Hold Steady, Damien Rice, or (if I want a good spot for Ben harper) Ziggy Marley
    Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals
    The Police
    Gov't Mule (maybe Flips, and some of Sasha)
    Pete Yorn
    Bob Weir & Ratdog
    The White Stripes
    Widespread Panic

I may not be able to see all, but I'm gonna do my best ; )
  • Tek Money wrote:
    Yep. Driving in a couple days early and staying in Nashville. From London, Ontario here. I can't wait!

Do the Country Music Hall of Fame Museum downtown near Tootsies Orchid Lounge, well worth it for any music fan.
    Don't Ignore The Rusted Signs

1998 Seattle 7-21
    2000 Seattle 11-06
    2003 Seattle Benaroya 10-22
    2005 Gorge 9-1
    2006 Gorge 7-23
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Alright, why not...here's my schedule. Some do play at the same time, so I'm either undecided or might see the end of an act:

Black Angels
    Sam Roberts
    Tea Leaf Green
    Cold War Kids
    Brazilian Girls
    Kings of Leon - maybe the end of Michael Franti & Spearhead
    Black Keys (or the Roots)
    Tool
    Super Jam!!!
    Old Crow medicine Show
    Gogol Bordello
    Either The Hold Steady, Damien Rice, or (if I want a good spot for Ben harper) Ziggy Marley
    Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals
    The Police
    Gov't Mule (maybe Flips, and some of Sasha)
    Pete Yorn
    Bob Weir & Ratdog
    The White Stripes
    Widespread Panic

I may not be able to see all, but I'm gonna do my best ; )

Maybe I will see you there! I'll be the loud Canadian chick hanging out with all the badass California girls. Haha. :rolleyes:
    Cock Fight.
    Do the Country Music Hall of Fame Museum downtown near Tootsies Orchid Lounge, well worth it for any music fan.

Definitely! I think I may be more excited about Nashville.
    Cock Fight.
  • driving from buffalo wednesday late afternoon

john paul jones anyone?

he he...still giggling about this one

http://bonnaroo.com/just-announced-superjam-feat-john-paul-jones-ben-harper-and-ahmir-uestlove-thompson

Just Announced: SuperJam feat. John Paul Jones, Ben Harper and Ahmir "?uestlove" Thompson
    Bonnaroo continues an annual tradition with an all-star SuperJam, starting at midnight on Friday, June 15. Former Led Zeppelin bass player JOHN PAUL JONES will anchor a trio featuring one of music's most innovative modern bluesmen, guitar wizard BEN HARPER, and Roots drummer AHMIR "?UESTLOVE" THOMPSON. The SuperJam is one of the most highly anticipated features of the festival, combining the talents of a diverse set of musicians for a one-time-only collaborative performance. Past participants have included Stewart Copeland, Herbie Hancock, Dr. John, Trey Anastasio, and many other musicians of the highest caliber - and if history is any indication, expect special guests to join the fun.

Since the break-up of Led Zeppelin in 1980, Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Jones has worked with bands including R.E.M. and the Foo Fighters. Harper's last album, "Both Sides of the Gun," debuted at Number Seven on the Billboard charts; Rolling Stone has called him a "natural-born superstar." In addition to his role as the heartbeat of hip-hop trailblazers the Roots, Thompson has played with and produced such artists as D'Angelo and Fiona Apple; at Bonnaroo, he will also be performing with his jazz-oriented group, The Philadelphia Experiment.
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***