Led Zep to play O2 Arena in London 26th November

Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
edited September 2007 in Other Music
Apparently this is due to be confirmed in the next week. There was advertisements in todays UK newspapers with hotel and ticket deals - on Planet Rock radio this evening they said that they called the record company who told them that the advertisements were released early in error, but things will be confirmed in the next week.

The band will be Page, Plant, Jones and Jason Bonham on the kit.

Thoughts on this?

I wont believe it until i hear the words coming out of Robert Plant's mouth!
"...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    edved82 wrote:
    Apparently this is due to be confirmed in the next week. There was advertisements in todays UK newspapers with hotel and ticket deals - on Planet Rock radio this evening they said that they called the record company who told them that the advertisements were released early in error, but things will be confirmed in the next week.

The band will be Page, Plant, Jones and Jason Bonham on the kit.

Thoughts on this?

I wont believe it until i hear the words coming out of Robert Plant's mouth!

Heard this talked about on the radio here this morning as well.......speculation that they could be testing the water for an upcomming world tour!!!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I won't believe it until I see it.

But damn.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Heard this talked about on the radio here this morning as well.......speculation that they could be testing the water for an upcomming world tour!!!

god i hope so
    led zep, back at the garden ?
    the song still remains the same !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    The only doubts I'd have would be Jimmy Page and whether he could still do it. But check out John Paul Jones at the recent Bonaroo festival on Youtube, he's better than ever without a doubt!
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • do NOT shit me about this.

I will sell both of my ovaries for a chance to see this.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Let it end. Doors, Police, Genesis, Alice in Chains, and now this!!!

How the mighty have fallen.
  • VV was right! She always is! :)

I saw Jimmy Page with the Black Crows a few years ago, and when it was time for a Page solo, he stepped forth and RIPPPPPPED!!!! It was amazing.
    He actually looked good and healthy, and had a little weight on his bones, too.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

there not the doors, there called riders on the storm.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• CornishManCornishMan Posts: 447
    I hope this is true!
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022, Manchester 2024.
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    Hawkshore wrote:

What fucking water do they need to test? People jizz at the mere thought of a Zep reunion.

JPJ was at Bonnaroo this year. Maybe he'll pull a Stewart Copeland and get the band to play there next year.
  • The VacantThe Vacant Posts: 271
    The only way it would work is if they would rework the tunes the way Plant does at his solo shows. His vocals have changed so much since 1980. He's lost a lot of his range, even since the Page & Plant shows in the 90's.

I think I'd much rather see Plant and the band he had on his last tour than a Zepp reunion. Playing the different arrangments and oddball tracks is worlds interesting than Zepp by numbers a nostallgia tour would most likely be.

Gonna disagree with who's_pearljam as well. While the Page & Crowes tour was a fun tour, I thought Page's playing was less than stellar. He was always more of a studio guitarist than a live guitarist, and time hasn't been too kind to him.
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    I hope my baby gets here soon then. I have promised to sell my unborn child if what is left of Zeppelin reunites.

I have witnessed Page and Plant, but Jonesy adds sooooo much. Hopefully Bonzo's boy can at least come within the same galaxy.
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    they're not getting any younger.

fuckin a'. they should do it.
  • Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    I hope my baby gets here soon then. I have promised to sell my unborn child if what is left of Zeppelin reunites.

I have witnessed Page and Plant, but Jonesy adds sooooo much. Hopefully Bonzo's boy can at least come within the same galaxy.

HO--LEEEE-SHIT!!!!!!

We saw P&P in '95 right after our "baby" was born we're hoping beyond hope they'll tour on the US East coast somewhere (anywhere!!) so he can see "THE" Band (Boston,, NYC, Philly, etc.).
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Let it end. Doors, Police, Genesis, Alice in Chains, and now this!!!

Agreed! Ban the really ancient wrinkly now!!!
  • This would be cool.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • imagine if zeppelin went on tour!!
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • i'd go for sure.... but i don't see any reason why after this much time has passed that they would finally do this unless they needed the bucks and that doesn't sound right they should be loaded. i'm not complaining i just would be baffled by their decision to go ahead with this. if of course this rumor is true, these things have been rumored since 1980 and never have they come together under the zeppelin name. i think robert plant believes the name is cursed.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    VV was right! She always is! :)
    She did say...... :D

I am sooooo broke though :( No money left. Just spent it on the foos.
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Tickets will cost more than a quadruple bypass.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Oh man!
  • Oooh great! Another can't miss gig in London on a poxy Monday night! These tickets are gonna' be goldust, especially if they only announce 1 night.