Options

Page & Plant......

Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,259
edited May 2006 in Other Music
are both on the bill for the Atlantic Records party for Ahmet Ertegun, coming up soon. Wonder if they'll play a few tunes together? tha'd be amazing! :)
"...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,762
    edved82 wrote:
    are both on the bill for the Atlantic Records party for Ahmet Ertegun, coming up soon. Wonder if they'll play a few tunes together? tha'd be amazing! :)

I wish they'd make a follow up to Walking into Clarksdale. Robert's last solo album was pretty good......he's just not the same with out Jimmy
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    It would be extremely cool if they decided to team up for a reunion tour...
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    leethalleethal Posts: 134
    I think they should reunite with John Paul Jones as well. I can see it happening in the not to distant future. I Hope :)

I thought some of Page & Plants stuff was awesome, i love playing Wonderful One on acoustic
  • Options
    leethal wrote:
    I think they should reunite with John Paul Jones as well. I can see it happening in the not to distant future. I Hope :)

I thought some of Page & Plants stuff was awesome, i love playing Wonderful One on acoustic

Yeah! :D a Page, Plant, Jones + Bonzo's son tour would be UNREAL!!!!! :D

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Yeah! :D a Page, Plant, Jones + Bonzo's son tour would be UNREAL!!!!! :D

that will never happen unfortunately. One of the biggest gripes i have with both Page and Plant is that they never seem to recognise how important Jonesy was to Led Zeppelin - plus it looks as if Plant and Jones dont get on at all these days.

I'd actually rather see Jones working with either Page or Plant, than see Page and Plant working together again :)
  • Options
    edved82 wrote:
    that will never happen unfortunately. One of the biggest gripes i have with both Page and Plant is that they never seem to recognise how important Jonesy was to Led Zeppelin - plus it looks as if Plant and Jones dont get on at all these days.

I'd actually rather see Jones working with either Page or Plant, than see Page and Plant working together again :)

I was just watching VH1, and they had this commercial about a new show called "Supergroup" with Sebastian Bach, the guitarrist from Anthrax, some other dude, and guess who else??? JASON BONHAM. Soooo...yeah. I was kinda surprised to see that, haha. I guess he won't be touring with the other guys anytime soon...

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    I was just watching VH1, and they had this commercial about a new show called "Supergroup" with Sebastian Bach, the guitarrist from Anthrax, some other dude, and guess who else??? JASON BONHAM. Soooo...yeah. I was kinda surprised to see that, haha. I guess he won't be touring with the other guys anytime soon...

i know he's John Bonham's son, but Jason Bonham is NOT a good drummer - at least, not in his father's league. He really wouldnt be a good stand-in, except for sentimental reasons. I'd love to see Dave Grohl given a chance to do it - play with Plant Page and Jones that is :)
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Jason Bonham = poop

Listen to one of JPJ's solo albums. He shames Page & Plant. Thuderthief is a good place to start.
  • Options
    edved82 wrote:
    i know he's John Bonham's son, but Jason Bonham is NOT a good drummer - at least, not in his father's league. He really wouldnt be a good stand-in, except for sentimental reasons. I'd love to see Dave Grohl given a chance to do it - play with Plant Page and Jones that is :)

haha :D well, honestly, I've never heard him play, I just assumed he was good since all the Led Zep members seem to praise him and what not. Dave Grohl would be awesome. Do you think Matt could do it?

♪ Juli ♪