Led Zeppelin - over 20 million albums sold since 1990

Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
edited August 2006 in Other Music
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/10962851/zep_eternal_why_is_led_zeppelin_still_popular

pretty incredible seeing as the band broke up nearly 26 years ago! Always nice to read about younger folks getting into the greatest rock band ever :)
"...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    whole lotta love for the best rock band of all time
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    jejeje youre one of those people who always say rock it´s not about big cd sales it´s about passion, and now are you telling me that led zeppelin has sold over 20 millions.... a legacy of a band it´s not about numbers, its about their influence in generations.......

led zeppelin it´s not britney spears idiot..........
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    edved82 wrote:
    http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/10962851/zep_eternal_why_is_led_zeppelin_still_popular

pretty incredible seeing as the band broke up nearly 26 years ago! Always nice to read about younger folks getting into the greatest rock band ever :)
    and those of us who replaced our worn out/skipping LPs with CDs.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Ha I have helped them with that.:D
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    Gremmie95 wrote:
    whole lotta love for the best rock band of all time

that's a little much don't cha think? I mean their first 5 records are pretty great but best band ever? there are a few they'd have to pass before then.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    I lovethe sales they have. Getting great music into peoples hands is what it's all about. In my books they are the greatest rock band ever. They were world class in the studio and legendary live. They were Do It Yourself long before the punk ethos DIY ever existed. Communications Breakdown is pretty much the musicla blueprint for punk. Their long lasting influence on rock is beyond compare and will continue for generations to come.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    Cosmo wrote:

and purchased box sets for daughter's x-mas stocking stuffer

btw cosmo, KU will rule this year :)
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • mrwalkerb wrote:
    that's a little much don't cha think? I mean their first 5 records are pretty great but best band ever? there are a few they'd have to pass before then.
    They just might be the greatest band ever dude, don't sell them short.

MASSIVE influence... even more than the Beatles.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    They just might be the greatest band ever dude, don't sell them short.

MASSIVE influence... even more than the Beatles.

I could agree with that.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    tonadax wrote:
    jejeje youre one of those people who always say rock it´s not about big cd sales it´s about passion, and now are you telling me that led zeppelin has sold over 20 millions.... a legacy of a band it´s not about numbers, its about their influence in generations.......

led zeppelin it´s not britney spears idiot..........

its not about sales, but sales show what a massive influence Led Zep continue to have on todays music. They're a lot more relevant than a lot of modern bands. Every time i go into a music store i see someone browsing through the Zep CD's. Amazing band :)
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Cosmo wrote:
    or those of us who replaced our first generation CDs with re-mastered ones........
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    just finished that article before bed last night. john bonham was a crazy guy it sounds like....and i knew peter grant was a bastard. you can tell he was trouble in the song remains the same. yknow that part about selling pirated posters?

anyways....bring on the reunion, ZEPPELIN!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    just finished that article before bed last night. john bonham was a crazy guy it sounds like....and i knew peter grant was a bastard. you can tell he was trouble in the song remains the same. yknow that part about selling pirated posters?

anyways....bring on the reunion, ZEPPELIN!
    And Grant's hatch man, Cole was somewhat of a nasty bastard too.

Reunion???? I don't know if it will happen...........something straining the relationship between Page/Plant and John Paul Jones.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    tybird wrote:
    And Grant's hatch man, Cole was somewhat of a nasty bastard too.

quote]

i know its much maligned, but Richard Cole's book Stairway To Heaven is well worth a read. Its hard to know how accurate some of it is, but its an interesting insight into life on the road from a tour manager's perspective. Its also interesting to note that Cole worked with Alice in Chains when they were recording Dirt - he's a reformed drug addict and was apparently employed to keep the band clean when they were in the studio.
  • mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    olderman wrote:
    and purchased box sets for daughter's x-mas stocking stuffer

btw cosmo, KU will rule this year :)

Wow, you bought Zeppelin box sets for a stocking stuffer. That would be the big present in my family. Will you adopt me?
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."