In Through The Out Door.....

Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
edited January 2007 in Other Music
.....is a great Led Zeppelin album. even tho its mostly a John Paul Jones written album, keyboards everywhere, Page's contribution is generally spot-on, even though he was up to his eyes in heroin at the time. And the album has two of my all-time favourite Led Zep tracks, Fool In The Rain and I'm Gonna Crawl. A much under-appreciated album - it just demonstrates how Led Zep could turn their hands to any style of music and still be monstrous..

Any other fans of this album out there? Or is it just me thats loving it at the moment?
"...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• not4u10not4u10 Posts: 238
    Fool in the rain is one of my favorite songs. My favorite Zep song. I now Mike mentioned they might release the Chicago show with Plant. I doubt they will now, but one could hope.
    08/28/98-09/01/00-12/08/02-12/09/02-04/28/03-05/03/03-07/05/03-07/06/03-07/08/03-07/09/03-07/12/03-10/01/04-10/03/05-05/13/06-05/27/06-05/28/06-06/01/06-06/03/06-06/19/08-06/25/08-10/28/09-10/31/09-05/17/10-10/19/13-10/21/13-10/27/13-4/28/16
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Good album, but the other albums are just better and that's the problem of this album. Led Zeppelin made such great albums, that this album looks weak, but this album isn't weak. Best songs are In the Evening, All My Love and Carouselambra.
  • "I'm Gonna Crawl" will be the first dance at my wedding......if I ever get married
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    I always liked "Presence" more. BUt I dont think this is a bad album by any means. Just not up to par with the first 6 or 7
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • Fool In The Rain is my very favorite song of their's - i remember reading somewhere that there was a lot of influence in making this album after they traveled to Brazil.. any truth to that?
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    stepinside wrote:
    Fool In The Rain is my very favorite song of their's - i remember reading somewhere that there was a lot of influence in making this album after they traveled to Brazil.. any truth to that?

I havent heard that one, but what apparently happened is that Jonesy and Plant turned up a week or so before Page and Bonham showed for the sessions, so by then they had most of the album written by themselves. John Paul Jones is an amazing musician - he showed that on ITTOD and even more so on his 1999 album Zooma - there could've been some incredible stuff written if Plant, Page and Jones had worked together in the '90's. Shame it wasnt meant to be.

I reckon the thing that puts Zep fans off ITTOD is the fact that its so different to anything they did before - but then again, thats the true beauty of Led Zep, they never re-hashed their previous work. In the words of Jimmy Page, the band is a "multi-faceted diamond". :D
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i liked the water color cover.
  • That's a wicked album. If I had to choose a favorite, it would be LZ II, simply because Ramble On is on it. Trying to actually make that decision though is so difficult 'cause you can't really find a good reason to put one album above another.

On a similar note, any there are board members who have seen Led Zeppelin live???
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    brain of c wrote:
    i liked the water color cover.
    The Multiple album covers under the brown paper were pretty cool............and the music rocked........."Hot Dog"!!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • great album but not my personal best..in the evening kicks ass
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
    On a similar note, any there are board members who have seen Led Zeppelin live???

does in my dreams count? :D surely there must be someone who saw them live. Anyone?
  • edved82 wrote:
    does in my dreams count? :D surely there must be someone who saw them live. Anyone?

If dreams count, I've seen them many times. I won't be surprised if nobody here has seen them. I've actually never met a person who has seen them live.

I can't wait until I do though. Oh, the questions I have......
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    tybird wrote:
    The Multiple album covers under the brown paper were pretty cool............and the music rocked........."Hot Dog"!!!!

I have been trying to collect all the different covers. I have 3 of them....
    I did not realize there were different vinyl covers up until about 3 years ago...
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I have been trying to collect all the different covers. I have 3 of them....
    I did not realize there were different vinyl covers up until about 3 years ago...
    Wasn't there a total of five? One for the point of view for everyone in the bar?
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    I think there are 6, but yeah, for everyone's point of view. I believe there are 6 people total in the bar. I am not home, so I have not had a chance to check....
  • the only zep album missing from my collection. let a girlfriend borrow it and never got it back. she kept it as some kind o f revenge along with the first van halen and blue oyster cult's greatest hits
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • niallniall Posts: 244
    The riff in in the evening is really amazing. One of my favourite opening songs on any album.
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    "All my love" ah, sweet song
    niall wrote:
    The riff in in the evening is really amazing. One of my favourite opening songs on any album.

True, the album version is great but I really love the live version from Knebworth '79, from the DVD. Killer song. Personal favourite from ITTOD at the moment would have to be I'm Gonna Crawl - one of Zep's best ever blues
    I think there are 6, but yeah, for everyone's point of view. I believe there are 6 people total in the bar. I am not home, so I have not had a chance to check....

I checked. There are 7 people in the bar, but I do not think that the main guy at the bar has a cover with his point of view. I may be wrong there, but I think it is the other 6 people. You have the bartender, the lady standing at the jukebox, the man at the piano, the woman sitting at one end of the bar, another woman standing at the opposite end of the bar, and the guy at the door looking in his wallet.
    The covers are 'lettered' on the spine. I have 'D' 'E' and 'F'. So my guess is there are 6. Between the fronts and backs I have all 6 points of view. The back has the opposite view of the front.
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAH Hot Dog!!!

A much underappreciated album, but even Coda is better than most bands best album and it is leftovers.

From Good Times, Bad Times to I'm Gonna Crawl Zeppelin dont have a bad song. There isnt one song that I have to absulutely skip b/c its no good.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,234
    edved82 wrote:
    yes i did first time here on LONG ISLAND IN 1975 and then again in 1977 at MSG both shows i saw were incredible total rock ......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....