http://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/mhkfgbojmhcw/

Hard to know whether to get excited, or cry at yet another false reunion rumour
"...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,140
    edved82 wrote:
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/mhkfgbojmhcw/

Hard to know whether to get excited, or cry at yet another false reunion rumour

Better grab some tissues for your tears.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    One show - is that really something to get too excited about?
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I'm very skeptical.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • jdub3001jdub3001 Posts: 194
    I was pretty exicted to see Page & Plant back in 95, but have you heard Plant's voice lately? Not quite what it was in the 70s...
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    jdub3001 wrote:
    I was pretty exicted to see Page & Plant back in 95, but have you heard Plant's voice lately? Not quite what it was in the 70s...

Thats true, but it'd be great to see the 3 guys back together. I'd rather see someone like Dave Grohl on the drumkit than Jason Bonham though
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    edved82 wrote:
    Thats true, but it'd be great to see the 3 guys back together. I'd rather see someone like Dave Grohl on the drumkit than Jason Bonham though
    Ya, and you know how good Grohl would be! He's been wanting this since he was a kid.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • googoo Posts: 226
    this is just one of those things i won't believe until I actually see it, but there just might be some damn truth to this afterall. a buddy of mine has a friend who works at the Ryman Auditorium here in Nashville, and that he had heard from many people that Plant, Page, and Jones had already booked a rehearsal date at the venue sometime in 2008. not sure if that makes sense, but that only fuels the possibility of the rumors being true. I might actually start believing it if I keep hearing stuff. my world is so full of problems right now, but just thinking about this coming true makes me forget all my troubles and actually smile.
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    Plant left his voice in the 70's so a reunion would be just a cash grab.
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    I read a rumor in Rolling Stone that maybe for one of the Live Earth shows, but this would be difficult because Plant is performing in Transylvania at that same time.
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    it'd be way cool if they did one. I don't have a problem with plant's voice and would kill to see this
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,140
    edved82 wrote:

Steve Gorman of the Black Crowes.

He did an awesome job during the Crowes/Page tour in 2000.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Milestone wrote:
    Steve Gorman of the Black Crowes.

He did an awesome job during the Crowes/Page tour in 2000.

I'd almost rather have a Chris Robinson/Jimmy Page/John Paul Jones/Steve Gorman tour than a Led Zeppelin.

I'd shit my pants if Jimmy Page did a full out tour with the Black Crowes, though.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    If they do tour I'll go see it. But please, please, please do not call it Led Zeppelin.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    surferdude wrote:
    If they do tour I'll go see it. But please, please, please do not call it Led Zeppelin.
    3/4 of the band is enough to call it Zeppelin in my book. No knock on Bonzo, but it's not as if Page or Plant left the building, it was the drummer.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    I saw Plant performing on TV about a year ago. I thought he sounded pretty good. It would be crazy to expect his voice to be able to do the things it did back in the day, but its not like he sucks now or anything. I would love to see at least a Page/Plant reunion. I love the idea that someone brought up of Grohl drumming with the 3 Zep guys.
    Brian
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    that would be very good
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • NCBRI wrote:
    I saw Plant performing on TV about a year ago. I thought he sounded pretty good. It would be crazy to expect his voice to be able to do the things it did back in the day, but its not like he sucks now or anything. I would love to see at least a Page/Plant reunion. I love the idea that someone brought up of Grohl drumming with the 3 Zep guys.

I agree. If you heard his last solo album (Mighty Rearranger maybe???) of course he can't make his voice do what it could 35 years ago, but he still sounded terrific and unique. It's quite a good album, actually. i think his voice has aged well.
    What I Should Have Said...Was Nothing.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Dave Grohl has always been my number one pick for a Led Zep reunion tour. I mean, the guy leant to play by coppign Bonham, and he is a raging animal on teh sicks, but I gotta say that Jason Bonham has the right to stand in for his father, ahead of all other considerations.

I think it should be called Led Zeppelin, not disrregardignt hat Bonham was a lot more than "just teh drummer" . NOt many bands where the drummer leads songs by playing melodic riffs while the rest of the band goes quiet.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    Plant can't sing anymore. He just sounds old. Bon Jovi is getting in that category too. it is like their mouths can't move like they need to any longer.
  • ArctangentArctangent Posts: 614
    i can see them reuniting for the ahmet ertegun memorial concert - they were good friends with him. but as for a full tour, i don't see what any of them have to gain by doing it... apart from the money and none of them are short of a bob or two. i can't see plant doing it when in every interview he does he says he has no interest in hauling himself around the world as part of a zepplin revival singing stairway to heaven again.
  • ledhed43ledhed43 Posts: 114
    i've heard this so many times it has lost all meaning. i really doubt they would do a tour. if they needed money they could just sell a song to a commercial. although the prospect of them playing with dave grohl is awesome, it just wont happen. the road took a heavy toll on them once i doubt they feel they need to do all that again.
    Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best.

~Frank Zappa
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    Plant can't sing anymore. He just sounds old. Bon Jovi is getting in that category too. it is like their mouths can't move like they need to any longer.

Please dont compare Robert Plant to Bon Jovi ever again. Plant's singing was great on his latest album but it would be tough for him to manage the Zep songs. Although he did a good job on the No Quarter tour.

I wouldnt see anything wrong with calling it Led Zeppelin. I mean, i reckon Bonzo would be thrilled to see the 3 guys and Jason together. Nothing wrong with it at all
  • Fender_ManFender_Man Posts: 408
    I can't see Page, Plant and Jones refusing to appear for the Ahmet Ertegun tribute, but I would take any plans for a full reunion tour with a pinch of salt.
    Please feel free to rehash this post and to ridicule me in public when they anounce a 50 date world tour in a couple of weeks time!