Peeping Tom, aka Patton's "pop" project...

OutOfBreathOutOfBreath Posts: 1,804
edited July 2006 in Other Music
Here a link to their performance on conan o'brien show from youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PjWC4jIzdI&search=peeping%20tom%20conan

And after listening through the record two times, I must say it's really good. Kinda odd for me, as I am totally not into hiphop, and the album leans heavily in that direction. Of course with Patton running the show characteristically. This is maybe not "pop" as such, but the most mainstream thing he has done for a very long time.

I'm loving it so far, especially the track featured in the video, and the opening and closing track. Everyone that think they should be more into Patton but find him a bit inaccessible, here's your chance! The guy is making me like a kind of hiphop, who'd have thunk it. :) Or maybe this is what hiphop should be...

Peace
Dan
"YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" - Death

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert, Dune, 1965
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• burnin-candleburnin-candle Posts: 158
    Oh man I totally forgot that this was released! Must pick it up. SOme great guest on it, right?

I want some new Tomahawk!!
    "If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done"

If you can't get high on purely music and the sounds that you hear, you're missing out on something.
  • lumpyfredlumpyfred Posts: 243
    Yeah i picked up Peeping Tom yesterday, and its definitely a great addition to the Mike Patton catalogue. I was especially surprised by the Norah Jones track, it wasnt what I expected but undeniably cool, like most of Patton's stuff. I'd agree that the opening and closing tracks are awesome, but I havent developed any favorites yet cuz I'm still trying to digest all the music.
    Her?
  • I'm not a big fan of hip-hop (well some eminem and kayne west and some more indie stuff is not bad) but Patton is amazing. The diversity in what his voice is capable of is amazing. I would rather stick with his rock stuff though......
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Here a link to their performance on conan o'brien show from youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PjWC4jIzdI&search=peeping%20tom%20conan

And after listening through the record two times, I must say it's really good. Kinda odd for me, as I am totally not into hiphop, and the album leans heavily in that direction. Of course with Patton running the show characteristically. This is maybe not "pop" as such, but the most mainstream thing he has done for a very long time.

I'm loving it so far, especially the track featured in the video, and the opening and closing track. Everyone that think they should be more into Patton but find him a bit inaccessible, here's your chance! The guy is making me like a kind of hiphop, who'd have thunk it. :) Or maybe this is what hiphop should be...

Peace
    Dan

I think i'm one of those that would like to appreciate Patton's non FNM days more. FNM are amazing, but i've never really got into any of his other stuff. Not for the lack of trying though.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
    I pre-ordered from Amazon, and my copy's not here yet. Everything I've heard about the album is really making me look forward to getting it. :)
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • sickwilliesickwillie Posts: 178
    Hearing "motherfucker" come out of Norah Jones' mouth makes this album worth the price of admission. If that's not enough, fortunately the rest of the record's good too. And that packaging is hellasweet!
    "We've done really well with teenage death songs." -EV
  • OutOfBreathOutOfBreath Posts: 1,804
    audiodave wrote:
    I think i'm one of those that would like to appreciate Patton's non FNM days more. FNM are amazing, but i've never really got into any of his other stuff. Not for the lack of trying though.
    Then this is a place to start IMO. If you havent already tried Mr Bungle's "California" album, or Tomahawk's selftitled album.

But yeah, FNM was amazing.

Peace
    Dan
    "YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" - Death

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert, Dune, 1965
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Then this is a place to start IMO. If you havent already tried Mr Bungle's "California" album, or Tomahawk's selftitled album.

But yeah, FNM was amazing.

Peace
    Dan

I've heard the first two Tomahawk albums, some Mr Bungle and the latest Fantomas.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Im not a huge hip hop fan either but the disc is a good listen. Patton is a genius.
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,333
    Good to see all of you loving on Patton!!!! Or at least putting in the effort. He is an artist in every sense of the word.
    I agree with one of the posters. If you liked FNM more rocking stuff, try the tomahawk self titled.
    By the way, Pick up Lovage if you get a chance. It's Patton singing sexy duets with a girl named Jennifer Charles. It's produced by Dan The Automator. This is a great Late night with your girl CD.